Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jose is turning us into a team of bastards.. No more nicey nicey may the best team win bollocks.. Bully oppositions into submission, losing is not an option attitude.. Everything this club has lacked for a long long time.
Agreed , we do need that. Even though some people still have a go at how our players had a real physical crack at Chelski a few years ago when most of the team go booked, but no reds luckily. I thought we made a statement then and I was very proud of the boys that night. But if we can be just as hard legally but also focus on winning then we are in with a big shot.

This is not a dig at Poch but Jose seem to have identified areas of the squad that need strengthening and is going out there and getting the best he can for the budget, and before people moan it’s levy’s fault last season with Poch we had a huge transfer kitty last season, I know it’s early days but I’m excited to see us next season with these solid premier league proven additions!

According to twelve analytics Doherty is definitely an upgrade from Aurier.

baldwin_trump.gif

This is not a dig at Poch but Jose seem to have identified areas of the squad that need strengthening and is going out there and getting the best he can for the budget, and before people moan it’s levy’s fault last season with Poch we had a huge transfer kitty last season, I know it’s early days but I’m excited to see us next season with these solid premier league proven additions!
Don’t shit yer pants son, that’s a wonderful dig at poch

So that's now our two biggest weak spots sorted and an added bonus of replacing Vorm.

Just need a striker and maybe one more bonus signing like a true DM or more attacking minded mid and it's an amazing window. Also the fees we have paid have been great also and for good players.

Also all before the season starts!

Hands down one of the best things our social media team has ever done. That is brilliant 🤣
It's fairly hilarious, but you should also realise that he might have stated that he has always hated us if he somehow had signed for Woolwich. In the end he is a professional footballer and I'm confident that he will do well for us.

Maybe they had a gentleman’s agreement with him, he has been there 12 years I think? But even so I’m sure he is worth £25 million so I’m not sure really why it was so cheap :mourbye:
He’s turning 29 this season and this was the last summer they could get any value for him. I think it’s pretty much that and the fact that the player wanted to leave.

Back
Top Bottom