Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Steven Nzonzi has been picked as well mate.
Nzonzi is actually a pretty decent player who, like Sissoko, is at his best when utilised in his best position and supported by skilled players providing the 'class' to his athleticism and work effort. Which is why his best performances are for France.

Nzonzi is actually a pretty decent player who, like Sissoko, is at his best when utilised in his best position and supported by skilled players providing the 'class' to his athleticism and work effort. Which is why his best performances are for France.

He's only ever really performed well for France as a right midfielder - he isn't a central midfielder and like I said, should never really be playing there for us.

He's only ever really performed well for France as a right midfielder - he isn't a central midfielder and like I said, should never really be playing there for us.
Exactly, he's being used everywhere (including babysitting Serge) except in his most effective position. I'm not saying that he's a world beater or the GOAT but if he's not performing at his optimum for Spurs it's because we're not utilising his abilities as we should be.

I will give anything to watch how a team coached by Moussa Sissoko plays like.
It's not completely illogical. A lot of mediocre players go on to have great management careers whilst the mercurial players have a tendency to struggle as managers since they struggle to explain what they want their players to do among other things.

Klopp was at best a decent defender for Mainz but was able to transition into the coach we see today. Jose never made it as a pro player but is one of the most successful managers ever.

For every Cruyff or Guardiola who converted a strong playing career to a strong management career there are 100s that fall to the wayside because they struggle to transition to the role of manager/coach.

The guy has been selected by World Champions France for their UEFA Nations League squad, and yet somehow there are supporters unable to see how he is an asset to our Club. Whatever the opinions of some on here, I think Jose loves the guy and I expect him to feature in many matches.

He can be selected for any team he wants it doesn't change the fact that he is absolutely brutal with the ball at this feet. Even running with it which used to be his strength has been and issue with how heavy he has been with his touch meaning he loses the ball way too easily now. Last season it was clear that he did his best to direct passes away from him (which is why everyone makes fun of his pointing) and had times when he just didn't play a ball that came in front of him. I honestly don't see how anyone can watch him, for Spurs at least, and not see the major issues he has with the ball.

Maybe a super team like France can play with a player that cannot pass but we are not close to good enough to have such a limited player on our team, especially in the starting 11. But you are right based on last season Jose seemed to love him so I expect we will see way too much of him this year.

Also the World Champions left him off their team when they won the World Cup, so its nice they won but they obviously did just fine without superstar Sissoko on their team.

Back
Top Bottom