Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I always find the prospect of team doping a curious one; I mean, imagine the scenes the day that Klopp walks into the dressing room and says "OK, lads I want as many of you as possible on the roids.... Who's in?".

Obviously I'm being flippant in how I've expressed that, but.....

I'm sure it'd just be a doctors diagnosis (asthma) and an injection with a particular plan in place.- not as black and white as the coach just coming in and saying we're gonna dope.

Pretty sure some players over in Spain said how they had a program in place for things like that - think it might have been at Madrid.

....Being reliant on player naivity, you mean?

Yes.

A player isn't going to say no to improving their physical aspects, especially when not being told directly. Will be interesting to see which of those 22 have the asthma and the ones that don't.

I always find the prospect of team doping a curious one; I mean, imagine the scenes the day that Klopp walks into the dressing room and says "OK, lads I want as many of you as possible on the roids.... Who's in?".

Obviously I'm being flippant in how I've expressed that, but.....

It wouldn't happen like that

It would be someone saying "Hendo you look like you want to be the best?...I've heard x players does this....if you do the same you are just levelling the field"

How did they get these numbers? Unless leaked by the club's medical staff i can't see how they can know this.

I once went to the doc with a stubborn cough and was very surprised to be prescribed an inhaler. It seems to be a lot more prevalent now for those with any sort of respiratory issue to be given them.

Interesting. Cheers for posting. No real first XI purchases last summer and only one this summer. Their first XI is strong but you cant beat a bit of new blood. I think they may regret not moving players on and bringing some in or promoting from the youth team to keep things fresh

This is the natural cycle of football though - a successful team nearly always grows old together as no one wants to leave whilst you are winning and you then struggle to introduce new players

Liverpool follow the same model as Spurs, they are just (always) richer and (currently) better at it.

They seem extra stubborn this summer, though.

mirror12.jpg

Now why would you put this in a Liverpool thread? Little minx I'm totally intrigued

Back
Top Bottom