Get the fans back in (the corporate ones)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BernardMatthews

“Wildly offensive and ill informed”
Claims in the press 4K corporate to be let into games first.

Thoughts??

Financially it makes most sense. So good for the club.

Guess I’m in. Good solid financial thinking really. Guy spending £10 on a beer and burger v a guy buying a £500 bottle of champagne and some Michelin food. Bit of a no brainer. 4K “normal” fans are hardly going to get the place bouncing.

The new normal.........

I believe that the boxes holders, etc have had no covid rebate at all, just full price being charged as normal. If I were them I'd want to be first in as well.

I believe that the boxes holders, etc have had no covid rebate at all, just full price being charged as normal. If I were them I'd want to be first in as well.
I mean that's pretty much the same deal as full priced memberships. Pay up for nothing or lose your box/ST waiting list place. Same deal just opposite ends of the spectrum. Still feel it's a bit shitty from the club.

I mean that's pretty much the same deal as full priced memberships. Pay up for nothing or lose your box/ST waiting list place. Same deal just opposite ends of the spectrum. Still feel it's a bit shitty from the club.

Fair point

But in between the two are c. 40,000 who have had refunds and only paid a deposit for the new season - they would be the ones in line to get back into see games, not the members

I'm also not sure the box holders even had the choice of not renewing - they are all on debenture type deals and so were fully committed regards

Typical myopic Levy decision (if reports are true) - a short-term financial decision which may have longer-term negative consequences.
Like not backing your best manager for many years over two transfer windows.
Or commissioning a documentary without asking your manager.

Imagine if Spurs actually won something this year, and only 4,000 investment bankers got to witness it.

Typical myopic Levy decision (if reports are true) - a short-term financial decision which may have longer-term negative consequences.

Imagine if Spurs actually won something this year, and only 4,000 investment bankers got to witness it.

Because Levy is deciding government policy on sports venues now - thanks for the insight.

So if we win something you'll be upset? bring it on let's see those bankers party ......

Because Levy is deciding government policy on sports venues now - thanks for the insight.

So if we win something you'll be upset? bring it on let's see those bankers party ......
Since when was it government policy to only let in 4,000 corporates as opposed to 4,000 normal fans?
I'd go for a halfway measure, introduce a ballet for 2,000 season ticket holders and have 2,000 corporates.

As they would all be in certain sections it would be easier to control social distancing, etc?
If 'ordinary' fans were allowed in they'd be dotted all over the place.

I can see the sense in doing this as the first test event.

Thing is they have paid for those seats upfront. No refunds anyway. So they might get pissed off themselves. A lot will be Spurs fans who’ve “made good” in life.

So you think if all goes well with C19 & SD, there will still only be 4000 in the stadium come next May?

As they would all be in certain sections it would be easier to control social distancing, etc?
If 'ordinary' fans were allowed in they'd be dotted all over the place.

I can see the sense in doing this as the first test event.

They have their own car park under the building too. So helpful for controlling people in and out.

I do see the sense in it from crowd control and financial.

Claims in the press 4K corporate to be let into games first.

Thoughts??

Financially it makes most sense. So good for the club.

Guess I’m in. Good solid financial thinking really. Guy spending £10 on a beer and burger v a guy buying a £500 bottle of champagne and some Michelin food. Bit of a no brainer. 4K “normal” fans are hardly going to get the place bouncing.

The new normal.........

I suspect that there is much more space per corporate seat (eg. in bars/lounges etc) and therefore the logic is that its easier to show that social distancing of 1 metre is possible in the corporate areas.

Useful to the club to get the highest priced spectators in - but I dont think that is the reason for doing it though

Back
Top Bottom