Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have a different point of view than a lot here. I respect the hell out of honesty even if it isn't what you want to hear.

Rose has a life he needs to live and he puts up a fight. Just like eriksen. I don't see the issue with their desire to play or leave or whatever it is. As a fan it sucks, but just like Levy claims it is a business, it is the same thing for the players.

I don't hate him. He put in a lot of great performances in his time and he is a honest fucker. Best of luck to him wherever he goes and whatever he does.

i would have a lot more respect for him if it weren't for him overrating himself and seemingly making the transfer that much harder.

I understand to an extent that you want to go to a big club and maybe back yourself for that kind of move but when it is clear you are not wanted at that level and also clear that you don't want to fill the role your club wants for you I think you need to back off on some of your demands an either accept a move or do what the club needs and be a good team member.

I have a different point of view than a lot here. I respect the hell out of honesty even if it isn't what you want to hear.

Rose has a life he needs to live and he puts up a fight. Just like eriksen. I don't see the issue with their desire to play or leave or whatever it is. As a fan it sucks, but just like Levy claims it is a business, it is the same thing for the players.

I don't hate him. He put in a lot of great performances in his time and he is a honest fucker. Best of luck to him wherever he goes and whatever he does.

If he were to say - I'll train hard every day and help the team, it's up to you to pick me or not - then fair enough. But to say - If you don't pick me I'll stay home and not help my teammates ... how on earth can you respect that?

If he were to say - I'll train hard every day and help the team, it's up to you to pick me or not - then fair enough. But to say - If you don't pick me I'll stay home and not help my teammates ... how on earth can you respect that?

Because it's honest. Might not be what you want to hear, but it's his truth. I respect Ahab's ability to speak his truth. I despise it, but he has the right to voice his truth.

Because it's honest. Might not be what you want to hear, but it's his truth. I respect Ahab's ability to speak his truth. I despise it, but he has the right to voice his truth.

I think sometimes people think that being "honest" lets them get away with things. I agree that being honest is usually better than lying and perhaps being honest about play me or I'll go home is better than him staying and being a total ass but that doesn't change the fact that saying play me or send me home is a totally unprofessional and jackass thing to say.

If I'm 'honest' and say I like fiddling the social (getting paid for doing nothing) does that make it OK? I agree that Ahab, Danny, and anyone else has the right of free speech, but that in no way means I respect what they say.

That goes even more for Danny as a highly paid team member, I respect his right to say any old shit, but he must then respect the consequences that saying it brings. His career is pretty much ruined and that's entirely on him.

That goes even more for Danny as a highly paid team member, I respect his right to say any old shit, but he must then respect the consequences that saying it brings. His career is pretty much ruined and that's entirely on him.

Exactly.

If Rose said if you don't want to play me then I'll go home and we can terminate my contract or you don't have to pay me, maybe then I would respect that honesty. At least then he is willing to actually face the consequences of his "honesty" but here he doesn't want it and being honest is easy because there isn't much negative consequences because he is getting paid no matter what and he knows it is tough for the club to not move him because of that.

i wonder if he would have the same level of honesty if the option was to say he would go home and that meant he didn't get paid.

'heard from milan?'

'errr, nah. toon or the cherries on loan??'

knows what he's worth apparently

If I'm 'honest' and say I like fiddling the social (getting paid for doing nothing) does that make it OK? I agree that Ahab, Danny, and anyone else has the right of free speech, but that in no way means I respect what they say.

I think he does respect the consequences. He said what he felt he needed to say. I don't like the attitude, but I respect the upfront nature of it.

The moment he said to Jose I’m going to see Daniel is the moment he should be taken out of the club. We do not need ‘characters’ like that especially ones whose last good season was 3 years ago.

They didn't actually show him going to see Daniel though. I bet that conversation (if it happened) went well...

:levystare:

Petulant twat throwing his toys out the pram clearly not giving one fuck about the team.

Slagging your teammates in public is one of those football dressing room codes you don't break. Even if he does find a new club, he's marked his card forever.

If i was his agent i would have done everything possible to stop that footage going out the way it did.

Notice in the doc how he says 'if you don't want to pick me just tell me so I can stay home' rather than 'so I can go somewhere else and play'. He's a twat who doesn't actually care about playing. I actually do respect his honesty but fuck he's a little shit.

Also don't think it was a coincidence he had this conversation with Jose on a day where the cameras were all there when it's clear they won't there every day.

It's a massively leading question

Basically - "confirm what we both already know to be true, and at the same time absolve me of all of my contractual obligations but none of the clubs"

I find it funny that a lot people slagging off Rose in here will STILL be begging for Gareth Bale to come back.

No doubt that this is Levy taking revenge for Rose RIGHTLY Publicly questioning the ambition of ownership. Can’t believe people buy into this ENIC puff piece of a show.

I thought if players weren’t upset that they weren’t being picked, ESPECIALLY if it’s behind players performing poorly, that they didn’t care?

Rose is flawed, he’s childish, but at least he’s honest,

No doubt that this is Levy taking revenge for Rose RIGHTLY Publicly questioning the ambition of ownership. Can’t believe people buy into this ENIC puff piece of a show.

Yeh i thought that initially, it was the club saying right if you want to be a twat, we'll let the world see you in action.

Back
Top Bottom