Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also - the part where he asks Levy about any news from Milan and Dan says ‘not right now’ - like a parent lying to a child about Santa Claus

I don’t get what Rose did so wrongly

Had a genuinely question to Jose how other shit-cunts keep making the team every week irrespective of their poor performances. He then decided to move on and fight for a Euro 2020 spot instead of sit on the bench and collect a salary.

The way he stormed out of the office was pathetic. It was embarrassing how he said he would “train at home” if he wasn’t selected. Who does he think he is? He is not Cristiano.

Like Poch said, the players are paid to train. That is their job. The manager decides who makes the team sheet. If Rose can’t accept those basic realities of the profession then it’s best that he leave. Especially as he himself was playing like shit. No manager would select a player who thinks he is too good to train.

Honestly it was painful to watch this washed-up player have a tantrum because Tanganga took his place. At one point he even mentioned how it was an insult that a “right-footed CB” was playing in his position. He played because he is better. Nothing else.

The way he stormed out of the office was pathetic. It was embarrassing how he said he would “train at home” if he wasn’t selected. Who does he think he is? He is not Cristiano.

Like Poch said, the players are paid to train. That is their job. The manager decides who makes the team sheet. If Rose can’t accept those basic realities of the profession then it’s best that he leave. Especially as he himself was playing like shit. No manager would select a player who thinks he is too good to train.
He simply left as the convo was finished - but I agree the train at home stuff was pathetic

He simply left as the convo was finished - but I agree the train at home stuff was pathetic

But the way he stormed out saying he was going to talk to Daniel was just so childish. Say your piece and then shake hands, be a pro. The gaffer has won everything in the game. Does Rose think Mou will be intimidated by this nobody running off to the chairman? Even when Poch was here we wanted rid of Danny so badly that we left him out of preseason to “explore opportunities with other clubs”. Rose just seems to live in an alternate reality where it’s still 2016.

But the way he stormed out saying he was going to talk to Daniel was just so childish. Say your piece and then shake hands, be a pro. The gaffer has won everything in the game. Does Rose think Mou will be intimidated by this nobody running off to the chairman? Even when Poch was here we wanted rid of Danny so badly that we left him out of preseason to “explore opportunities with other clubs”. Rose just seems to live in an alternate reality where it’s still 2016.
I thought he said ‘I’ll ALSO talk to Daniel’ - as in I wanna move on now and get a transfer

Following his Newcastle stint perhaps he’s come down to earth a bit?

Do you also disagree about his comment on poor players making the team every week?

I thought he said ‘I’ll ALSO talk to Daniel’ - as in I wanna move on now and get a transfer

Following his Newcastle stint perhaps he’s come down to earth a bit?

Do you also disagree about his comment on poor players making the team every week?

Nobody can disagree that many of our players were consistently poor last season, Danny is among them. The difference is that nobody else behaved like such a twat.

I hope that he has come down to earth, in fact I know he has because he started grovelling a few weeks ago saying he regrets some of the stuff he’s said and that he wants to play for us again. But he will never wear our shirt again. I’m sure he accepts that he’s destined for West Ham now.

Nobody can disagree that many of our players were consistently poor last season, Danny is among them. The difference is that nobody else behaved like such a twat.

I hope that he has come down to earth, in fact I know he has because he started grovelling a few weeks ago saying he regrets some of the stuff he’s said and that he wants to play for us again. But he will never wear our shirt again. I’m sure he accepts that he’s destined for West Ham now.

Agree.

He didn't even ask Mourinho what he has to do to improve or knuckle down in training (despite Mourinho saying he was picked originally because of his training levels), he basically called his team mates shit and then cried off to Daniel Levy.

He's not wrong in the sense that players have performed poorly but continued to play - but he came across as a child. The guys 30 ffs.

I don't think I could talk to my Boss the way Rose did to Jose.. so what's the difference? I'm fairly good at my job but I don't think my boss would like me slagging off colleages.

He was out of line and clearly a bad egg in the dressing room. Thanks for the memories but yeh cya

The doc is spun in such as way to make Danny look like the bad guy but you don't have to twist some of the comments to come to that same conclusion. In digging out team mates there's nothing constructive to be gained - 'how do I improve?' might have been a fair opening for his tete-a-tete with Levy.

What I do think is a shame is like many others I will have very mixed memories of someone who at his peak was an excellent player for us.

I don’t get what Rose did so wrongly

Had a genuine question to Jose how other shit-cunts keep making the team every week irrespective of their poor performances. He then decided to move on and fight for a Euro 2020 spot instead of sitting n the bench and collecting a salary.
He sat across the table from the manager and said his team mates were shit and Mourinho does not know how to pick the best team, he just plays favourites.
There is no way back from that, he has to go - if they can’t sell him then he sees out his contract at home. I wouldn’t even want him with the Academy.

He sat across the table from the manager and said his team mates were shit and Mourinho does not know how to pick the best team, he just plays favourites.
There is no way back from that, he has to go - if they can’t sell him then he sees out his contract at home. I wouldn’t even want him with the Academy.

Not only that - he also said he'd pretty much refuse to turn up to training and train at home instead.

I find it funny that a lot people slagging off Rose in here will STILL be begging for Gareth Bale to come back.

No doubt that this is Levy taking revenge for Rose RIGHTLY Publicly questioning the ambition of ownership. Can’t believe people buy into this ENIC puff piece of a show.

I thought if players weren’t upset that they weren’t being picked, ESPECIALLY if it’s behind players performing poorly, that they didn’t care?

Rose is flawed, he’s childish, but at least he’s honest,
The guy is volatile, but he sure as shit ain't stupid.

Exactly - Rose's parting line should have been "I'm going to train harder than anyone else and prove you wrong"

Only seen the first 3 so far, so I'm only going on comments on here. Anyway this is my take on it.

Dier to Poch: "Play me or sell me.". = Honesty.

Danny to JM: "Play me or sell me." = Honesty.

Danny: "Some other players here are shit, I'm off to speak to Daniel." = Being a twat.
Danny didn’t say sell me, Danny said he’d ‘stay at home and train at home’ nothing about selling him

Back
Top Bottom