Which cheap striker would you go for?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which cheap striker would you go for?

• Troy Deeney

• Josh King

• Olivier Giroud

• Habib Diallo

• Chris Wood

• Ollie Watkins

Results are only viewable after voting.
Literally a fan base full of the types of people who sit at a team meeting at work, trying to solve how we can be more efficient:

Suggestion 1: No
Suggestion 2 : No
Suggestion 3: No
Suggestion 4: No
Suggestion 5: No
Suggestion 6; No

I’m out, what do you reckon?

Aint got a clue bruv

I think it will be the end of the line for most Spurs fans on Daniel Levy if he fails to bring in a striker this window. Far to many times he has allowed Spurs to start a season not prepared properly and this will be the last straw. Levy can seriously fuck off if he allows this to happen again. Should of had a striker in weeks ago, yet we are starting a season without a sufficient back up to Harry.
Trust me Don, they would just dig their heels in even further.
Just as they did in January .

And what equates to the “end of the line”?
Leave and found a Phoenix club? Nope
Moan online? Check

Luka Jovic would be a slight risk given hes not played a lot of football for RM, but probably available, still quite young and looked a handful for Frankfurt - but a loan could suit all parties while we look around for a permanent solution

Luka Jovic would be a slight risk given hes not played a lot of football for RM, but probably available, still quite young and looked a handful for Frankfurt - but a loan could suit all parties while we look around for a permanent solution
No cause real would likely only sanction if they get first dibs on kane himself

I think that Fellaini was one of the few players who were a success under Mourinho at ManU. If Mourinho can find someone to come on for the last 10-15 mins to score goals (with their head) or to defend and shore up the defence that would be ideal.
The Amazon show has said that Mourinho is after a very specific type of striker. I’m guessing he has requested a younger version of Fellaini and this is why very few exist

Way too expensive, we are more looking in the £10-20m range.

And this why Spurs will never win trophies under ENIC/Levy. The basement bargain bin they constantly are going in to try and push the club forward, knowing full well no club has been truly successful long term without spending big. Levy seems to be on another planet though to the rest of football and I quote “ spending money doesn’t guarantee you succcess “. That my friends is proof in the pudding of Levy’s attitude in the market. He will never change and we will never be successful under this tight fisted cunt.

Of the options listed above, Chris Wood is the obvious choice.

Watkins would be interesting but I question a) total lack of PL experience (might work, might not) and b) whether he's of the stature to provide the options Jose wants.

PS Speaking as someone who is fairly placid and not a Levy outer I will be very cross if we don't rectify what has been an obvious problem for several seasons now.

Why aren't we torturing Southampton about Danny Ings?

Why are no clubs doing so?

Is it because it would take an unjustifiable amount of money to prize him away from a club with no desire to sell?

Is it because after finally achieving a sustained period of form he'd rather be a #1 than go back to being a bench rider like he was at Liverpool?

Either/Or... Maybe both.

To me this is already egregious mismanagement. We knew we needed a striker a year ago (and many felt we needed a couple years ahead of that when we brought Llorente in). When we didn't sign one last summer, we all knew we were playing with fire.

Now we see the head of recruiting complain about the January window and how hard it is. Sure...good for you. A deal ought to have done way ahead of that with it becoming firm at 12:01am on January 1st. Other clubs all do this and surely it was known that we needed to fill that role. It's unconscionable that it dragged on that far.

But, lo and behold, they managed to fuck that up as well! Here we are, five days before kick off for the new season and we haven't addressed the most obvious issue. To top it all off, there were about 4.5 months with no football, so what exactly were these recruiting and scouting staff doing during that time? Surely they could have lined up a deal or at least a very short list of probable deals to get one done and settled well in advance? It's completely unacceptable that they seemingly have done nothing.

And I am not interested in the "well we had Covid and it scuttled plans" garbage either. This is a multimillion dollar operation. I ran my business through this, which is a drop in the ocean beside THFC, so don't even start. Really, from a business perspective, the lack of action and failure to address this in 2 windows probably cost the business £50-100m by missing top four. Who knows if we'd have won a trophy or advanced in the CL last spring.

Anyway, sorry for the bit of a rant. I feel better already though. I look forward to them announcing Troy Deeney, proving me wrong later today.

Odsonne Edouard or Patson Daka would be the kind of signings to really open up the possibilities of our season. Would love to see evidence of us making ambitious moves like this. Daka in particular could be a real X Factor.

Feel we may be edging toward Habib Diallo, who I've never really seen play. Looks okay. Anybody seen him?

Back
Top Bottom