Which cheap striker would you go for?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which cheap striker would you go for?

• Troy Deeney

• Josh King

• Olivier Giroud

• Habib Diallo

• Chris Wood

• Ollie Watkins

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why?

If it's as bad as portrayed.....?

"Thieving bald cunt"
"Decades of mediocrity"
"The majority of fans have had enough"
"Unacceptable"

....You're not conceding this is merely overblown rhetoric and hollow posturing are you?

You asked me yesterday "how long are you prepared to put up with ENIC"..... I ask YOU (and John Thomas John Thomas & co. ) the exact same question.

I'm not that far down the road of wanting to see the back of Levy tbh and the question was how much longer are you prepared to put up with austerity

I applaud what Levy has done for the club overall but feel we went as far as we could ever go with them in charge, they've let us down in key moments as far as I'm concerned and the 2018 no show after world record profits is simply unacceptable a betrayal almost.

I don't believe protests against Enic are realistic or reasonable anytime soon and would be a complete waste of effort anyway, nobody is going to give up a billion pound asset because a group of peasants tells them they should.

I'm not that far down the road of wanting to see the back of Levy tbh and the question was how much longer are you prepared to put up with austerity

I applaud what Levy has done for the club overall but feel we went as far as we could ever go with them in charge, they've let us down in key moments as far as I'm concerned and the 2018 no show after world record profits is simply unacceptable a betrayal almost.

I don't believe protests against Enic are realistic or reasonable anytime soon and would be a complete waste of effort anyway, nobody is going to give up a billion pound asset because a group of peasants tells them they should.
Tottenham have a reputation as bottlers because the ownership are bottlers in crucial moments

It's a legit question born of you and others constantly using the word "unacceptable" and similarly criticising others for "accepting" what you percieve to be mediciocrity....

Yet you can't comprehend any form of affirmative action?

Lame.

If you weren't just a blowhard on the subject you could indeed do more than merely moan on TFC from the comfort of your keyboard for years on end.

Have you joined the supporters trust?

...Attempted to be any part of an organised dialogue, protest or boycott?

Ever made a banner? Formed or joined a fan movement of any kind?

I've actively and physically protested Irvine Scholar in the past, but you're prepared to do fuck all it seems.....

If I was as embittered as you I'd seek to do more, but you? .....Ultimately you're comfortable in a passive state of "acceptance".

That's called hypocrisy, John.

(Mock them all you want - as indeed many of us have - but the WengerOut and GSBOut movements put you and your ilk to shame.)

Perhaps you're not as "passionate" as you'd like to think you are......?

#"Unacceptable"?????

....What a load of sanctimonious bollocks.

Purile even by your standards, John.
It is unnacceptable though. Not just for me, but many other fans like me.

But there's absolutely fuck all we can do about it. Other than post our opinions on a forum that's here to discuss such things related to Tottenham Hotspur

If your'e unhappy with that, maybe you should be venting you're concerns with the administrators or something.

Clearly you're upset and feel the forum shouldn't be an open debate.

It is unnacceptable though.

Whether you like it or not, you are in a tangible state of "acceptance".

You could be doing something, but choose not to.

But there's absolutely fuck all we can do about it. Other than post our opinions on a forum that's here to discuss such things related to Tottenham Hotspur

Rubbish...... There IS more... You're lying to yourself.

I've already noted other movements and other times; be that us or other club....

You think Scholar protests took place on a fan forum in the early 90's???? LOL

If your'e unhappy with that, maybe you should be venting you're concerns with the administrators or something.

What a completely absurd and ignorant statement... You spend half your time here goading people like me cos they don't agree with you.... Why in any sane would would they be the ones to spearhead any such protests or movements if they don't share your grievance?

Utter drivel on your part, John.

Clearly you're upset and feel the forum shouldn't be an open debate.

Rubbish.... It's you that seemingly doesn't believe in debate... It is nigh on impossible to have a genuine and good faith discussion with you.

You may recall there was a plane protest that (literally) never got off the ground a few months back... .Did I share their grievances? No.... But I share as hell respected the people behind it and their "passion" for the club more than I do those that do fuck all other that whinge and whine about "Yachts" & "Theft" on a regular basis.

I've already noted other movements and other times; be that us or other club....

What a completely absurd and ignorant statement... You spend half your time here goading people like me cos they don't agree with you.... Why in any sane would would they be the ones to spearhead any such protests or movements if they don't share your grievance?

Rubbish.... It's you that seemingly doesn't believe in debate... It is nigh on impossible to have a genuine and good faith discussion with you.

You may recall there was a plane protest that (literally) never got off the ground a few months back... .Did I share their grievances? No.... But I share as hell respected the people behind it and their "passion" for the club more than I do those that do fuck all other that whinge and whine about "Yachts" & "Theft" on a regular basis.

Airfixx Airfixx when the boos start ringing out
tenor-19.gif

Airfixx Airfixx when the boos start ringing out

Come on fella, you literally just agreed with a post that claimed that I am against reasonable debate (despite my being perfectly cordial and candid in my exchanges with you over the last couple of days)..... Cheapo gifs is really the best you can do? ...And the sentiment of the gif in response to my comments is damn disingenuous if truth be know.

I put it to you that you're just glossing over some/much of the guff that John is saying just cos you like the broader flavour of his posts on the matter.....

For him to suggest that I should be the one protesting (eg)... That's just plain dumb given the conversation at hand.

To which I answered....

I applaud what Levy has done for the club overall but feel we went as far as we could ever go with them in charge,

Fair..... I already said that, unless the spending levels increase in the coming years then the stadium would have been for nothing and I'd eagerly await new ownership.

Seemingly that reinforces me as an ENIC-bot status according to some asinine logic or another. :roll:

.....As does my encouraging the disenfranchised to protest. :roll:

they've let us down in key moments as far as I'm concerned and the 2018 no show after world record profits is simply unacceptable a betrayal almost.

Neither will change each others mind over the significant details of those scenarios so let's for the purpose of the broader convo agree to dissagree.

Well that's your outlook... And I'm perfectly at liberty to disagree and debate it.

So lets here it:

Why is Wenger/Kronke out, GSBOut or ScholarOut so radically different to trying to mount a tangible ENICOut movement?

Come on fella, you literally just agreed with a post that claimed that I am against reasonable debate (despite my being perfectly cordial and candid in my exchanges with you over the last couple of days)..... Cheapo gifs is really the best you can do? ...And the sentiment of the gif in response to my comments is damn disingenuous if truth be know.

I put it to you that you're just glossing over some/much of the guff that John is saying just cos you like the broader flavour of his posts on the matter.....

For him to suggest that I should be the one protesting (eg)... That's just plain dumb given the conversation at hand.

To which I answered....

Fair..... I already said that, unless the spending levels increase in the coming years then the stadium would have been for nothing and I'd eagerly await new ownership.

Seemingly that reinforces me as an ENIC-bot status according to some asinine logic or another.

Neither will change each others mind over the significant details of those scenarios so let's for the purpose of the broader convo agree to dissagree.

Well that's your outlook... And I'm perfectly at liberty to disagree and debate it.

So lets here it:

Why is Wenger/Kronke out, GSBOut or ScholarOut so radically different to trying to mount a tangible ENICOut movement?

Twas a joke!

Scholar out no idea too young

Wenger out different thing

Kronke out didn't work pointless

GSB out, sack the board 😂😂😂

Ashley out hasn't worked pointless

Unless fans are willing to stop being customers then business men will see no reason to sell a profitable business

Twas a joke!

Of course..... Albeit at the expense of me or my point of view.....

Fair enough, mind.... The gif-ing around these parts just wears a bit thin when one's just bothered to articulate themselves over a hundred or more words and the gif expresses nothing more than "I ain't listening" to the person it's a response to.

Scholar out no idea too young

Wenger out different thing

Kronke out didn't work pointless

GSB out, sack the board 😂😂😂

Ashley out hasn't worked pointless

Unless fans are willing to stop being customers then business men will see no reason to sell a profitable business

Well there you have it; you've just identified another tangible path of action.

Don't feed the club coffers.
Do something public to put pressure on the board/owners
Don't watch the Amazon Doc
etc.

Or

Just "accept" (*) things are the way they are and bang ones head against the wall on TFC.

Choices are there.

(*See #Unacceptable)

Last edited:

So you're not allowed to criticize the club unless you're willing to go on a hunger strike or assassinate the owners... right...

Of course..... Albeit at the expense of me or my point of view.....

Fair enough, mind.... The gif-ing around these parts wears a bit thin when one's just bothered to articulate themselves over a hundred or more words and the gif that's all.

Well there you have it; you've just identified another tangible path of action.

Don't feed the club coffers.
Do something public to put pressure on the board/owners
Don't watch the Amazon Doc
etc.

Or

Just "accept" (*) things are the way they are and bang ones head against the wall on TFC.

Choices are there.

(*See #Unacceptable)

So in your opinion a life long supporter of a football team should stop supporting the team if that supporter doesn't like the ownership?

Wow.

So you're not allowed to criticize the club unless you're willing to go on a hunger strike or assassinate the owners... right...

No.... I'm scrutinizing the #Unacceptable meme.

I'm not running law over anything/anyone.

Bottom line: If (!!!!!) I thought our owners were "thieves" (which I don't), I'd seek to more than just make than same post day after day on TFC, criticising others for "accepting" the situation.

(My position here is NOT complicated.)

Last edited:
So in your opinion a life long supporter of a football team should stop supporting the team if that supporter doesn't like the ownership?

Wow.

No... If I meant that, I'd have categorically said as much.

Read about the recent plights of Charlton, Blackpool, Sheff Wed. etc. etc.

Bottom line: If (!!!!!) I thought our owners were "thieves" (which I don't), I'd seek to more than just make than same post day after day on TFC, criticising others for "accepting" the situation.

Back
Top Bottom