Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What did he do?
Apart from playing for Woolwich? That's reason enought to dislike the twat. But then there's this story of him falling out with AVB because he was asked to take off a hat and refused. Seems like the sort of thing he would do. He's near the top of my list of players i wish had never played for us.

Whether Rose moves on or not I wish him every success for his future he’s a true legend of the club COYS
Reading somebody calling Danny Rose a legend means it really is time for me to log off! 🤦‍♂️
tumblr_mw590mV4yB1rmin5no1_400.gif

I know you jest but Rose was part of our best team
since the 80s and for that I’ll always have a soft spot for him - same for Walker

My happiest time as Spurs supporter since 95 my first season in love - 2016/17

Yep it’s definitely in jest and I agree. He’s a bit of a dick, but I don’t mind that. He’d be more of a dick if he didn’t give a shit and was just happy to see out his contract without playing. It’s obvious that he just wants to play and be appreciated, even if he’s not gone about things in the right way.

Him and Walker were devastating attacking full-backs at their peak. I wish him well, but it’s best for everyone if he moves on.

Yep it’s definitely in jest and I agree. He’s a bit of a dick, but I don’t mind that. He’d be more of a dick if he didn’t give a shit and was just happy to see out his contract without playing. It’s obvious that he just wants to play and be appreciated, even if he’s not gone about things in the right way.

Him and Walker were devastating attacking full-backs at their peak. I wish him well, but it’s best for everyone if he moves on.

If the bolded is true then why are there so many reports of him only wanting to go to certain clubs, including by Levy in the Amazon doc?

If all he wants to do is play then he should be in Genoa taking his medical yesterday.

I don't wish him well.

I just wish he'd fuck off.

Apart from playing for Woolwich? That's reason enought to dislike the twat. But then there's this story of him falling out with AVB because he was asked to take off a hat and refused. Seems like the sort of thing he would do. He's near the top of my list of players i wish had never played for us.
"Seems like the sort of thing he would do" I mean what is this based on? An internet rumour about a wooley hat?

Lamela is really a lesbian. Eriksen fucked Jan's Mrs. Lamela didn't have an operation, he was really in drug rehab clinic.

He was a sketchy, inconsistent player, unplayable on his day & invisible on many others, not one of my favourites. But when his time was up at Spurs he didn't sulk or complain, didn't trot out stories to the press, in fact, he was gracious:

“We have a very good relationship,” he said. “We had man-to-man conversations. He told me, ‘Emmanuel, I do not count on you any more’. Which I understand. I realised my time at Tottenham was over and I had to move on.

“For me, the most important thing is to play football and enjoy myself. I had great moments at White Hart Lane under three or four managers. Starting under Harry Redknapp, then Andre Villas-Boas, Tim Sherwood and ending under Pochettino.

“Obviously, they are a club I know well. I cannot thank the fans enough. In life, there are always ups and downs. I had good times at Tottenham and I had bad moments.

“They are having a good time as a club and I am very happy for them. It is going to be hard because they are playing well. But we have got some good players coming back and hopefully they can help us get a win. If we win, I will be happy.”

Our truly wonderful, liberal, understanding, knowledgeable & embracing of African & foreign cultures British press did a truly fantastic job of whipping up the gammon fanbase at the time. With juju witchcraft and spells running a mock.

I believe he had his issues with Levy, but what player that's negocitating their own terms wouldn't? This is a good thing, not a bad thing, although bizarre factions of the fanbase would pay footballers billions of pounds per week in manopolly money would think differently.

Loved Danny at his best and I think he's made some good points about the direction of the club tbh, I don't always disagree with the substance of what he is saying. He's gone about it very destructively though - and I don't think his words about just wanting to play ring true, he's had opportunities to escape and get first team football elsewhere but hasn't grasped them. I think Danny's biggest problem nowadays is his expectations for what he can achieve run some way ahead of his talent and abilities, sadly.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but as Rose hasn't been given a squad number does that completely rule him out of playing or can he be reintroduced (with the FA's permission) in the event of injuries etc?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but as Rose hasn't been given a squad number does that completely rule him out of playing or can he be reintroduced (with the FA's permission) in the event of injuries etc?
Squad numbers don't matter, really. I'm pretty sure last year Rose was also "stripped" of his number.
If at the end of the transfer window Rose is still at the club the club may or may not decide to include him in the final EPL squad.
I think Wanyama was included last year, too but we sold him a week or two later during the MLS window.

Loved Danny at his best and I think he's made some good points about the direction of the club tbh, I don't always disagree with the substance of what he is saying. He's gone about it very destructively though - and I don't think his words about just wanting to play ring true, he's had opportunities to escape and get first team football elsewhere but hasn't grasped them. I think Danny's biggest problem nowadays is his expectations for what he can achieve run some way ahead of his talent and abilities, sadly.
Must be terrible to go from such a high point so quickly. Top MFs (and some shit ones) can drop back to take the pressure of once their legs have gone, but if your whole game is based on pace, power and passion, and your defensive positioning is a little suspect, then there’s no chance with a defensive coach, I guess.

He would be a decent squad player but probably not worth the hassle, particularly as his contract is nearly done (and he’s been publicly assassinated with the documentary).

Back
Top Bottom