Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I feel that Dele must have had some issue at half time to be taken off. In the 1st half we created 4 very good goal scoring chances - the cross which Kane missed by 1 inch, Dele's header, Dele's shot and Doherty's shot that were both saved - but on another day would have crept in. We certainly didn't look like a team that needed a dramatic change.

Kane was unable to find much of the ball; and I wonder if the sub had to do with

a) Dele taking the shot and not passing to Kane
b) Dele taking the header and getting in Kane's way

They seemed to be getting in each others way and maybe this was the cause of the arguments.

While not being on the todd level of dislike, I do question how talented he is or maybe more how well rounded his game is and if there is enough there to ignore his warts.
See, when you've been dealing with the bolded for as long as I have then the dislike comes naturally and easily. I've been here for years because i think this kid is an awful footballer and he hurts my team. As you pointed out earlier his odd flick works and his position is further cemented. And folks are proud to trot out those old moments as some proof of his value. Folks still rubbing their cocks over his goal at Crystal Palace but aren't realizing that shit was 4 years and 5 seasons ago.

I dislike this player but realize that he will be with us until the end of his contract. Daniel Levy only player trades for money not sporting improvement. So hopefully harry7 's prediction comes true and RM are ready to spunk 200M on this kid.

Dele Alli is far less talented than people think. He’s always at his best when doing a Thomas muller impression. Just like Muller had a difficult time adjusting his game around 16-18, Dele will have to do the same.

he is however in no way shape or form a CM or a no10 with traditional wingers. That’s on the manager.

Despite being one of the few players who had a full pre-season he looked really leggy, he doesn't have the energy or power in his stride that he used to have. He was not able to protect the ball or press opponents.

Having said that our attack was non-existent after he went off, at the very least he has an understanding with Kane and Son. I see what Mou was trying to do putting Lucas in Dele's position, theoretically he can cover more grass and help us press. But it didn't happen.

Dele was alright yesterday, a little rusty but far better than Lucas and Kane.
You see what happened with his removal, and Winks behind him.

Shit subs that didn’t address anything and made us worse.

Dele is quality; but needs the right setup and players around him to shine.

Right now, we have no service from midfield. We move the ball too slowly and it is easy for defenders to track him.

Just as Dele's form has dropped off; we are also see Kane is lost in games.

Son and Moura both have pace and can get behind the defences; but Kane and Alli lack pace and rely on pinpoint passes to match the timing of their runs. Son and Moura typically like to run with the ball and don't release it quickly. Winks, Holberg, Sissoko are sideways passers. There is nobody passing the ball to Kane and Alli; and they are forced to drop back to go in search of the ball - often tracked by 2 defenders.

If we had prime Eriksen, KDB, Bruno F(eek) we would see Dele at his best.

Ndombele has the ability to move the ball quickly out of midfield and GLC has some very big boots to fill if he wants to be regarded as our Eriksen replacement.

My gut feeling is that the club would like Dele to go. Dropping him from the team may force him to instruct his agent to look for a move.

Right now, we have no service from midfield. We move the ball too slowly and it is easy for defenders to track him.

Son and Moura both have pace and can get behind the defences; but Kane and Alli lack pace and rely on pinpoint passes to match the timing of their runs. Son and Moura typically like to run with the ball and don't release it quickly. Winks, Holberg, Sissoko are sideways passers. There is nobody passing the ball to Kane and Alli; and they are forced to drop back to go in search of the ball - often tracked by 2 defenders.

Ndombele has the ability to move the ball quickly out of midfield and GLC has some very big boots to fill if he wants to be regarded as our Eriksen replacement.

My gut feeling is that the club would like Dele to go. Dropping him from the team may force him to instruct his agent to look for a move.
the old player looks poor as he doesn’t have the right players around him to shine?
I thought dele was going to look like a £200 million player this season. Or is that just if he plays in a team surrounded by the likes of messi and Ronaldo? Funny how he doesn’t even get picked for England now either , if we could get £30 million for him and reinvest in another player to challenge GLC we should take it.

Or is that just if he plays in a team surrounded by the likes of messi and Ronaldo?

Eriksen and Dembele FTW :)

the old player looks poor as he doesn’t have the right players around him to shine?

Harry Kane - one of the worlds best strikers, didn't touch the ball in the opposition box. I'm not sure he even had more than a dozen touches all game. Based on that performance, we'd all be crying out for Troy Deeney instead.

Son was running around looking lost and disappeared in the second half.

There is NOTHING coming from midfield whatsoever. They all looked shite.

You know nothing and this goldilocks comment along with the 200M statement confirms it. go back to looking at your Dele poster on the wall and leave the football convo to the adults.

Cool, sell them both.

If my auntie had balls and all. Ridiculous statement. And no we wouldn't see Dele at his best we would be seeing the same shit footballer being carried by better players which is what you and so many failed to notice for so many seasons thus far.

Other then then 3 month period when Mourinho first came in hes been shit again.

It's obviously an attitude issue and not talent he just doesn't want it anymore. He gets paid stupid money lives the high life and has everything he wants.

Hungers not there and will never be here again simple as. Get him sold take what we can for him he's a ghost of the player he was in his first 2 years.

Hopefully Mourinho sees this to because playing shit like Ali and Sissoko no matter what, is one of the things that cost Poch his job. So hope he doesn't make the same mistakes

Fucking lol, reading this thread makes me realize how fucking deluded some of the fans are. Dele is quality, Dele wasn't even bad yesterday, look at what happened when he was taken off bla bla.

If that's a performance to look up to then I don't know what to fucking say anymore.

Fucking lol, reading this thread makes me realize how fucking deluded some of the fans are. Dele is quality, Dele wasn't even bad yesterday, look at what happened when he was taken off bla bla.

If that's a performance to look up to then I don't know what to fucking say anymore.
Yesterday’s game made the squad missing the genius of a limp eriksen 75th minute sub. Glc and nfumbole need to inject creativity Dele can’t do that he a runner

I'm no longer a big fan of his but he was far from our worst player yesterday. He was getting in spaces and dragging defenders around. He just looked a bit tired which is why I'm guessing he was subbed.

He's been shit for almost 3 years straight now

No impact whatsoever on build up and slow as shit, not enough goals.

Should be 2nd choice for now.

Back
Top Bottom