Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For the job you describe would you rather have Winks or Skipp available?

rather have a top class player mate. Instead of relying on these average youth academy players that will probably not help us win anything. Kane is a phenomenon. We won’t get another one like him in a long time. Class from the academy comes through maybe once every 6/7 years if that. I want a proper top class central midfielder who will dictate the midfield.

rather have a top class player mate. Instead of relying on these average youth academy players that will probably not help us win anything. Kane is a phenomenon. We won’t get another one like him in a long time. Class from the academy comes through maybe once every 6/7 years if that. I want a proper top class central midfielder who will dictate the midfield.
Is that why you think Winks is there?

FFS!

Is that why you think Winks is there?

FFS!

what are you on about ? Winks is a midfielder, who should be doing a lot more with the ball. He offers nothing in creativity. He offers nothing in defence. So I want a midfielder who will dictate the game and cause mayhem to the opposition. I want a creative player who will give us the appropriate Creativity for our forwards. Not sure how hard that is for you comprehend.

I feel like Winksy should go one loan to a premier league side where he is a guaranteed starter and further develop his passing game. If he could learn through balls/forward passing half as good as N'Dombele he would be a top midfielder.

I'm surprised he's never been on loan whilst at Spurs?

I feel like Winksy should go one loan to a premier league side where he is a guaranteed starter and further develop his passing game. If he could learn through balls/forward passing half as good as N'Dombele he would be a top midfielder.

I'm surprised he's never been on loan whilst at Spurs?

Kind of late for that. He isn't going to start developing into some creative hub. Something we just have to deal with. Harry will be here until his contract runs out or he is sold.

what are you on about ? Winks is a midfielder, who should be doing a lot more with the ball. He offers nothing in creativity. He offers nothing in defence. So I want a midfielder who will dictate the game and cause mayhem to the opposition. I want a creative player who will give us the appropriate Creativity for our forwards. Not sure how hard that is for you comprehend.
I know why he gets picked and it isn't as a DM or an attacking midfield player, he plays a very specific role and he sticks to it like a machine.
But hey, you're the footballing tactical genius, so I don't need to explain.

Not mine, just found it over on r/coys and thought it was some interesting comparisons:

eeybw91w24n51.png

mmry5yr034n51.png

vnb07rq234n51.png
His xA and shot creating actions are so much lower than all three because all of his progression/final-third passes are out onto the wing.

Back
Top Bottom