Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really enjoyed episode 9.

Lovely moments with Kane and his family and especially the end with Jan and Vorm.

Overall, enjoyed the series. It's a shame it was such a weird season but I guess without that, it might have been a bit boring.

Ex season ticket holder, grew up around the ground, I just had to make an account just to say,

Levy....id always assumed was a shrewd business man and a smart football guy.
Having seen this, that impression is wiped away and replaced by an image of an old lady tightly clutching a small purse, contemplating buying something for 1 shilling.... Instead deciding to borrow or 'loan' the item.

I grew up loving this club. Now from top to bottom its filled with old pussy mentality.

I might just not look at football for 6 months and hopefully Arabs have bought us and we have glenn hoddle and ledley King as Co managers, with Terry veneables in there.

Really enjoyed episode 9.

Lovely moments with Kane and his family and especially the end with Jan and Vorm.

Overall, enjoyed the series. It's a shame it was such a weird season but I guess without that, it might have been a bit boring.

Yeah, I actually got a bit teary-eyed with the baby reveal. At least it didn't cause a massive forest fire like we had in California recently.

Also, made me want to write Jan a thank you card. He remained professional even though he wasn't playing. That sit down with Sacramento was something special cause he was coming to Jan as a leader, a seasoned vet, and even as a coach.

Really disappointed in how second rate our whole set up came across, the fancy multimillion pound stadium and training facilities seem akin to slapping lipstick on a pig. I've always defended Levy/Enic because of how far we've come since they took over, but now I'm questioning how much of that is judgement and how much just blind luck. I've not watched any other All or Nothings so don't know if it's the same at other clubs, but we barely look any more professional than Sunderland behind the scenes.

And our support staff, Jesus, all of them are like sad fanboys as soon as they get a whiff of the players, bunch of Colin Robinsons sucking the life force out of anyone in the room, Levy, Hitchen, Scott, i don't think I could handle having them knocking around me all day at work.

I honestly feel sorry for Mourinho, I doubt he had any idea how cowboy the whole outfit was when he signed on, and how dense the players are. Nothing he says makes a blind bit of difference to them, literally in one ear and out the other.
cringeworthy how ALL the support staff in purple gear just hang around giving fist bumps and them funny handshakes to all the players whenever they walk past them. They actually seem in awe of them and behave like adoring fans. Embarrassing

cringeworthy how ALL the support staff in purple gear just hang around giving fist bumps and them funny handshakes to all the players whenever they walk past them. They actually seem in awe of them and behave like adoring fans. Embarrassing
I must admit that I hate the fucking colour. Makes everyone look like hairdressers. I just don't think it particularly reflective of a group of hardened, manly sportsmen out to give whoever they play a complete and utter thrashing. I don't know who thought of purple but for me it was a really bad choice. Just my opinion but it always reminds me of Star Trek films.
Hope it gets changed very soon.

Imagine if, when Mou told Sacramento Kane was out for a minimum of 12 weeks, he'd asked; oh why do you not want Kane to be out injured for 12 weeks!?

Legitimately the exact same thing

If you put it like that, it's funny... But still not something I'm inclined to sweat over.

I must admit that I hate the fucking colour. Makes everyone look like hairdressers. I just don't think it particularly reflective of a group of hardened, manly sportsmen out to give whoever they play a complete and utter thrashing. I don't know who thought of purple but for me it was a really bad choice. Just my opinion but it always reminds me of Star Trek films.
Hope it gets changed very soon.

It’s navy and salmon pink for this season:

Now is that better at reflecting “hardened, manly sportsmen”...:llorisunsure:

seeing us cocking up against Norwich in the FA Cup was gut retching to watch again. Vorm’s error for thier goal and then those penalties..........truly depressing.

I fully agree. The first minutes of episode 7, when Jose talks about the importance of not conceding goals sums up his footballing ideas. It is all about defending, all about not conceding. The best way to win is not, in fact, to not concede goals. You have to fucking score to win a match. Not conceding does not win you a game if you do not fucking score.

He also says that "Any result if we don't concede goals is a good result". Fucking pathetic. That was from a home game. No wonder his teams are clueless and hesitant when going forwards. Their heads are filled with "do not concede, do NOT concede!".

The same episode shows a great example of his piss poor mentality management. He talks about how they have put on a video in the changing room showing all the goals the team has conceded, and is upset that someone turned it off. Rubbing their mistakes in their faces will not make them perform, it will make them anxious, afraid to make mistakes, upset, annoyed at each other, lose confidence. Any mental coach worth his salt will tell you to focus on the positives, not the negatives.

Mourinho is an absolute fucking dinosaur. He is poison. I have said it for a decade. There are so many fucking clear signs.
Sigh. When you are playing home and away in the champions league, sometimes a draw away isn’t a bad result.

Back
Top Bottom