Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is nothing to say that he might not like it at spurs and continue to stay, Madrid have the pick of players anyway so could easily switch to another LB in a year or two time.
The other part of this would give us time to identify another full back during this period, I don't think it's all bad we definitely need him.

More than that ArcspacE ArcspacE .

Those are the sort of signings that make the rest of the squad pull out of stagnation.

We sign Bale & Reguilon, we keep a healthy squad, and we're in contention for the league this year.
I honestly don't see how it would put us in contention for the league this year but it would get us up there, we might win a trophy and next season maybe we could add someone to challenge fir the title.

There is nothing to say that he might not like it at spurs and continue to stay, Madrid have the pick of players anyway so could easily switch to another LB in a year or two time.
The other part of this would give us time to identify another full back during this period, I don't think it's all bad we definitely need him.

Not impossible that in 2 years either Cirkin or Sessegnon is ready to step up to the role.

It's far from certain that they will buy him back, but as you said: we will find a solution if they do and we would have some money to spend. Absolutely no reason to worry about this deal.
Chances are, if he is good but not good enough for them, or happy in London, then they’d effectively buy him back then sell him straight to us at a higher price as his value is morein two years time. That wouldn't be the end of the world either.

The only negative for us is if he does great and Real take him off us. We lose no money and gain two years if a great player that way.

This deal is ok for us but Madrid are certainly the winners here, I'm sure Danny was trying for a higher buy back fee.

Madrid have done these kind of deals before with Carvajal and Morata.
I suspect Levy has one eye on the Bale deal. Real want to save face with their fans and this helps. Yeah, they might do badly financially with Bale but at least get rid and can point to this better deal with the same club, making it all look more balanced.

This deal is ok for us but Madrid are certainly the winners here, I'm sure Danny was trying for a higher buy back fee.

Cirkin and Sessegnon are 20 or under so if they do activate in 2 years and we sell back by then hopefully those two have matured

I suspect Levy has one eye on the Bale deal. Real want to save face with their fans and this helps. Yeah, they might do badly financially with Bale but at least get rid and can point to this better deal with the same club, making it all look more balanced.

Cirkin and Sessegnon are 20 or under so if they do activate in 2 years and we sell back by then hopefully those two have matured

Again Im quite happy with the deal, we hopefully get a attacking quality LB we need for a period, I just dont like helping that shithouse of a club out in anyway.

I think we can't underestimate the role Jose has played in this, despite the team looking a mess Sunday his persuasive and pulling power has perhaps got this over the line.
:mourthumb:
Just thinking exactly the same thing. Regardless of how he may now be regarded in the UK his reputation abroad remains intact. He's a recognised winner and lots of players out there want him as their manager. I am certain that most of our succesful transfers this window will owe quite a bit to the fact that Mourinho was able to exert a little 'persuasion' during discussions.

We give Madrid €30m, they give us €40-45m in two years to buy another LB. Still a pretty good deal.

Oh ya, and the player is pretty good, too.

Look at it another way... Would you say no to a 2 year loan?
Except instead of us paying Madrid, Madrid are paying us €10-15m. I don't like buy backs but it still makes sense.

We either get a really good LB that we may lose in 2 years or we just don't buy one. I think it's a pretty easy decision.

Back
Top Bottom