Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Gypsy King, eh?
Can you imagine where that would have gone if Dele was receiving it? And the fucker didn't even know it was going to get to him until late because the guy in front dummied it. That's fucking touch, homzzzz! And beyond that, a complaint I have about everyone of our attackers except Bergwijn, his touch took it out of his feet so that the next touch was a strike instead of a hop, skip, and a jump in order to get the timing. It's just beautiful, fundamental fucking football. Nothing special, no jukes, no fucking stepovers or nutmegs...just the beautiful basics.

Are you talking about Jean Lucas or Jean Lucas AND Caqueret?
*Lost my friggin reply in the update.

I'm talking about Denayer stepping out unnecessarily just like Winks does. And Caqueret and Denayer for being lazy on the recovery when both are staring at the opponent's best player in space. A little extra effort and that goal doesn't happen.

I can't stand Guimaraes. Atletico were in for him, but he was impressed by how much interest Lyon showed in him.
Still don't understand your hate for said player. The only knock I can see would be his ability to cover ground. Otherwise he is pretty sound. But I've already focused my wandering googley-eyes on a new DM love interest, The Dong 2.0 if you will. And basically Leicester realizes that with Ndidi there is a ceiling and they are recruiting on top of him. This is what I'm talking about. I hope their computers get malware.

Still don't understand your hate for said player. The only knock I can see would be his ability to cover ground. Otherwise he is pretty sound. But I've already focused my wandering googley-eyes on a new DM love interest, The Dong 2.0 if you will. And basically Leicester realizes that with Ndidi there is a ceiling and they are recruiting on top of him. This is what I'm talking about. I hope their computers get malware.
I really, really cannot stand they guy. Slow, weak, hate a lot of his passing and his tendency to shit himself when receiving under a bit of pressure. He makes me so fucking nervous.

I really, really cannot stand they guy. Slow, weak, hate a lot of his passing and his tendency to shit himself when receiving under a bit of pressure. He makes me so fucking nervous.
I think you just don't like him because you prefer Caqueret. Now if you were talking about Traore then we'd be on the same page.

PSG-Metz today. Guess we'll see if habib Diallo is on the cards. And if PSG can lose again...not that any team wants to take advantage of it.

I think he lacks a bit of physical presence and he’s definitely a little one geared pace wise, but his all round skill set is actually pretty reasonable for a 6, especially if you use him like Garcia is, as the central hub between two busy little 8’s who also are happy to do a bit without the ball too, especially the that little pistol Caquaret.

Maybe if you took him out of that perfect set up, he’d look less appealing, and he’s not my favourite 6 around right now, but there actually aren’t loads that are uber press résistent, super technical, tenacious, incisive passing dreamboats, are there?

I think he lacks a bit of physical presence and he’s definitely a little one geared pace wise, but his all round skill set is actually pretty reasonable for a 6, especially if you use him like Garcia is, as the central hub between two busy little 8’s who also are happy to do a bit without the ball too, especially the that little pistol Caquaret.

Maybe if you took him out of that perfect set up, he’d look less appealing, and he’s not my favourite 6 around right now, but there actually aren’t loads that are uber press résistent, super technical, tenacious, incisive passing dreamboats, are there?
So many times I have seen him receive the ball without a picture in his head. And then the panic...I don't know where the ball is going to end up. Or how many touches he is going to take before doing something pretty useless with it/putting someone else under pressure. A lot of his attempts at more expansive passes get there, but rarely seem to me to have the right weight on them.

And whatever about his footballing ability, it is his lack of pace and strength that make me feel like I am watching a car crash.

So many times I have seen him receive the ball without a picture in his head. And then the panic...I don't know where the ball is going to end up. Or how many touches he is going to take before doing something pretty useless with it/putting someone else under pressure. A lot of his attempts at more expansive passes get there, but rarely seem to me to have the right weight on them.

And whatever about his footballing ability, it is his lack of pace and strength that make me feel like I am watching a car crash.

Maybe, as I said, I have been slightly seduced by watching them as a trio, especially in the recent CL run, when I thought they were really good as a unit, and maybe I've not drilled into him as deeply as you, but I think finding a 6 who's got everything baked into the mix and all top notch ingredients is pretty tricky. he definitely wouldn't be my first choice, I'd take the Milan boys ahead of him and kids like Camavinga (I don't think he's as suited to the lateral 8 role Rennes are using him right now, but I think it will be good for his development) and there's no doubt a couple of others, but I'd have him as a 6 before Winks and Hojbjerg no problem, I think his reading as a 6 is better than both (despite being younger) and he's a better footballer technically than Hojbjerg. He does lack a bit of zip though, but then so does Hojbjerg.

I liked the look of your/ todd1882 todd1882 's boy Fofana at St Etienne. Nice combo of physical, nimbleness, tenacity and reasonable technique/composure. He wasn't tested much in the game (Strasbourg) I watched but liked what I saw.

I liked the look of your/ todd1882 todd1882 @todd1882 's boy Fofana at St Etienne. Nice combo of physical, nimbleness, tenacity and reasonable technique/composure. He wasn't tested much in the game (Strasbourg) I watched but liked what I saw.
You know Leicester had a bid of €29m for him knocked back?
Maybe, as I said, I have been slightly seduced by watching them as a trio, especially in the recent CL run, when I thought they were really good as a unit, and maybe I've not drilled into him as deeply as you, but I think finding a 6 who's got everything baked into the mix and all top notch ingredients is pretty tricky. he definitely wouldn't be my first choice, I'd take the Milan boys ahead of him and kids like Camavinga (I don't think he's as suited to the lateral 8 role Rennes are using him right now, but I think it will be good for his development) and there's no doubt a couple of others, but I'd have him as a 6 before Winks and Hojbjerg no problem, I think his reading as a 6 is better than both (despite being younger) and he's a better footballer technically than Hojbjerg. He does lack a bit of zip though, but then so does Hojbjerg.
He makes me nervous. I cannot tolerate him. Any guy that can't run doesn't get in my team.

I want to take issue with something you said - I think about me - a few days ago, about me poo pooing the idea of recruiting "on top" of first team players. I've never said this. I might have poo poo'd one of your suggestions on a individual merit basis, but definitely not as general strategy. For example I was crying out for us to recruit "on top" of Dembele in 2015/16 time - got laughed at for it by all and sundry on SC.

If I understood you wrong, or you weren't talking about me then as you were, but if you were I'd like to explain when/where I poo poo'd this idea?

You know Leicester had a bid of €29m for him knocked back?

Only from what I read in the other thread from you (or someone else). I like the kid but that seems like a pretty fair offer in this market for a 19yo, they only got what, 20m for Saliba (Gabriel went for about the same no?)

He makes me nervous. I cannot tolerate him. Any guy that can't run doesn't get in my team.

I know busyness is high on your check list (and mine too when it's attached to a decent footballer) but I don't think he's as tortoise-esque as you. Maybe I've become so jaded watching elephants like Sissoko, Dier and now Hojbjerg trundle around our midfield, Guimaraes has become like a 6 pint bird on a Friday night?

€29m for Fofana. I first read it on GFF, and posted a link to the interview he did. Sounds like a clever young man, too.
He really wanted to join them, secure his family that generational money you only get in the PL unless you're a top Barca/PSG/Real player.

Fofana is really good imo, just outshone by Saliba, bit unlucky they both came through simultaneously.

Don't know why we're not in for Fofana or wanted Gabriel... we could have used both.

Coutinho already scoring for Barca again anyway.

Back
Top Bottom