Lokomotiv Plovdiv Vs Tottenham - Thurs 17th Sept 5pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m wondering if they’re ‘holding back’ after being told there’s so much fixture congestion coming up. Forgetting, of course, you have to actually win the game to be able to play the next one.

You must have seen the size of the SkySports screens in the training complex and Winks talking about social media...they haven’t got the hang of properly busting their guts.
I could definitely see some of them holding back to save themselves for the game on Sunday.

The truth of the matter is that we could have had a yet unsigned Bale and Reguilon watching us getting knocked out of the Europa league tonight and thinking "Hang on a minute".

This was an opportunity to show those two that they were loining a squad full of promise and potential, not one that was fucking desperate for an injection of confidence and positivity.

We've escaped by the skin of our teeth largely thanks to their inability to shut the game down once they went ahead. Let's hope that from now on we don't allow such glaring complacency to creep into our games.
I thought there was much more energy in the first 20 or so, a bit like a team playing to show their best? However, same old problems after that.

Remember the whole first / second half problem has been a Spurs issue for at least two or three seasons.

Charlie Dimmock....
Have you seen her recently? Woah, she's piled on the timber
RLP_MDG_101017DIMMOCK_5561JPG.jpg

I genuinely didn’t know what a fucking cleat was if that’s ok with you.
Cleat is pretty common parlance nowadays Sammy. I know that back when we hoofed a sodden leather ball about in the mud we called them studs but these fancy-dan multi-coloured bootettes that the young-uns wear these days have cleats, or so my great-grandson tells me

I will note that the one red card was because they were literally grabbing a goal out of the air. It's not like we just got lucky on a red or a shoddy penalty in the box.

We may but it will be due to talent and not tactics. But most will forget these games if we do. Pretty much up to Daniel and his cheque book to provide the cheque book manager with the familiar things his 'tactics' need.

#exposed

Am inclined to agree. At this point I feel any success we have will actually be in spite of the tactics. Not sure Jose can coach anymore to be honest

Here's the stadium for Shkendija. Looks less like a former bomb testing range than Plovdiv
932b9e341c39836619054b0ed272bb8c.jpg

Images don't do justice to be fair. It's a small stadium, but I believe it's been built around 2010. Compared to Plovdiv's stadium is better to be fair.

Cleat is pretty common parlance nowadays Sammy. I know that back when we hoofed a sodden leather ball about in the mud we called them studs but these fancy-dan multi-coloured bootettes that the young-uns wear these days have cleats, or so my great-grandson tells me
Ah, the joy of changing the studs depending on the weather (and using the metals when it was a tastier game)...

Either that or a certain part of the female anatomy that I'm completely unfamiliar with.

Back
Top Bottom