Lokomotiv Plovdiv Vs Tottenham - Thurs 17th Sept 5pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not much to say really - as expected a completely one sided game, played as a training ground game by Spurs with almost no tackling or risking injury ... Plovdiv had one decent shot that won them their only corner from which they scored. Before that Spurs had 6 good goal scoring chances and missed them all, finally won a genuine penalty (deliberate handball on the line) Kane as always hit a perfect spot-kick, Plovdic had two players sent off and we made the extra men count with a tap-in second goal.

Pitch was poor but same for both sides, avoiding injury was obviously a high priority, in the end we won .... on to the next round and no doubt more of the same.

Edit: Almost forgot we had a 100% penalty refused early doors, no VAR in the EL qualifying ...

Last edited:
I got bored of the absolute bollocks of it all at about 65 minutes and went to walk the dog.
Got text updates from daughter #1 while I was out. I think I made the right choice. I don't remember the last time I didn't watch a competitive Spurs match to the bitter end.

I got bored of the absolute bollocks of it all at about 65 minutes and went to walk the dog.
Got text updates from daughter #1 while I was out. I think I made the right choice. I don't remember the last time I didn't watch a competitive Spurs match to the bitter end.
What an awful experience for your poor daughter. Having to try and relay details of that match in text messages. Hope she was duly rewarded by Dad.

I've just been thinking about the game. It's been a few hours since it ended. But I don't think people appreciate how close we came to losing what would have been possibly our worst defeat ever. Yes we won, but we should be demanding better from the players and the coaching staff.
That wasn't good enough against a poor team. Still defensively vulnerable, Jose has been here a year now and we haven't improved much defensively. Midfield still needs so much more work, Lo Celso and Tanguy made it more bearable but the DM position is still an issue.
Had we had lost that it would have sent shock waves through the squad and the rest of Europe. Not even the Bale and Reguilon transfer would have papered that over. The thread would have another 50 pages. All hypothetical, but there are still major issues we need to sort out.

It kind of feels like a scenario when the CL wins papered over the underlying cracks in our squad.

I’m wondering if they’re ‘holding back’ after being told there’s so much fixture congestion coming up. Forgetting, of course, you have to actually win the game to be able to play the next one.

You must have seen the size of the SkySports screens in the training complex and Winks talking about social media...they haven’t got the hang of properly busting their guts.
I'd be stunned if they weren't under direct instruction to hold back and avoid overexertion in all current matches (even a little bit in the PL due to the sheer number of games these players have to survive right now).

The staff at the club will know infinitely more than any of us about the risk/reward ratio of pushing at various levels and about the stamina of each individual player. They'll be planning accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom