Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He also doesn’t seem to be able to judge probability of situations, couple of moments tonight where he rushed out to get tight and challenge for a ball only to get spun and dragged out the game. This is against plumbers and train engineers.

It’s weird as I remember thinking he looked good after lock down before the sheffield game, he seems to be back to his old self but the CB version.

dont mind him for the squad and I absolutely love the guy but I don’t want him to be our first choice CB.
I have good memories of Toby and Jan doing that (but successfull) on their prime. Dier will never have the quality of them and in fact he's a very average player, I've seen more from Foyth that from him.

trouble we have is all our CH's are right side, and only play Left to help out the team, out of them all only Toby looks ok on the left

Does this belong here or...?

I think woodhouse is a VERY jealous and bitter person. Can’t believe he shares my birthday.

He spends too much time having a pop at More talented/successful people who have worked hard to be where they are. It’s possible that those shots to the head he’s received as a boxer has removed his ability to acknowledge CONTEXT.

Anyone have gifs or videos of his passes into the stands yesterday? Under absolutely no pressure by the way.

Sissoko also had one.

Pretty hilarious, and terrible.

Does this belong here or...?

I think woodhouse is a VERY jealous and bitter person. Can’t believe he shares my birthday.

He spends too much time having a pop at More talented/successful people who have worked hard to be where they are. It’s possible that those shots to the head he’s received as a boxer has removed his ability to acknowledge CONTEXT.

You wonder why anyone is a builder.

All they seem to do is moan about how everyone else has it so good and "wouldn't know a days work if it hit them".

If other jobs are so much easier and more lucrative it makes you wonder why they don't do it.

You wonder why anyone is a builder.

All they seem to do is moan about how everyone else has it so good and "wouldn't know a days work if it hit them".

If other jobs are so much easier and more lucrative it makes you wonder why they don't do it.
Well it's a form of self defence.

There is a fair amount of resenment among blue collar workers in general that I think stems from the way they are judged and patronized by people with more 'prestigious' jobs.

If they could make the same amount of money doing nothing sitting at a desk all day, I'm sure they would, but it's (in my humble opinion of course) mostly a lack of opportunity in the teenage and child years that leads to the lack of skills and education required to attain these jobs.

Everyone has a right, and should, take pride in their profession, regardless of what it is. Nurses do the same towards doctors - they always moan about how nurses do all the hard work, take care of the patients' material and emotional needs yada yada. Yet subconsciously I think we all know that doctors really are a bit more important due to their skill set.

Personally I don't know if I could build shit all day. I just don't have the patience or fortitude.

Well it's a form of self defence.

There is a fair amount of resenment among blue collar workers in general that I think stems from the way they are judged and patronized by people with more 'prestigious' jobs.

If they could make the same amount of money doing nothing sitting at a desk all day, I'm sure they would, but it's (in my humble opinion of course) mostly a lack of opportunity in the teenage and child years that leads to the lack of skills and education required to attain these jobs.

Everyone has a right, and should, take pride in their profession, regardless of what it is. Nurses do the same towards doctors - they always moan about how nurses do all the hard work, take care of the patients' material and emotional needs yada yada. Yet subconsciously I think we all know that doctors really are a bit more important due to their skill set.

Personally I don't know if I could build shit all day. I just don't have the patience or fortitude.

I've worked in London in suit job for 23 years, I did my last GCSE aged 15 on a Friday in 97 and started work on the Monday.
I spent a very, very large portion of those 23 years earning very poor wages. I often had to watch as mates of the same age had more money than me doing more menial jobs.
The perception though, that everyone in London in a suit is that we're all on 6 figure salaries and don't do anything.
This really culminated one late night on the way home on a train when a group of older men (I was late 20s by then, reckon they were mid 40s) sat near me and picked an argument about wages, lifestyle etc.

Starts with - what do you do?
Me - insureance
Oh yeah, why does my insurance cost so much
Me - How much is it?
£300
Me - Mines £700
Him - what do you drive
Me - 3 series convertible
Him - see posh car
Me - what do you drive
Him - 3 series
Me - what year?
Him - new
Me - mines 10 years old and worth 1/4 of what yours is.
Him - Go on then, how much do you earn
Me - £25k - You
Him - think it was about 40k
Me - Got a house and a mortgage?
Him - yep
Me - I can't as don't earn enough to get a deposit
Him - I won't believe any of this unless that suit your wearing came from Burtons (seriously, he said that)
Me - No words. Just opened the jacket to show him a Burtons label.

I shit you not, that is the only Burton suit I've owned in 23 years of wearing a suit.

I do get the hump with people that assume a person that wears a suit and works in an office gets loads of money for doing nothing.
I've had a lot of work on my house the last couple of months and they all fuck off at 3pm and I'm working 7-7!
And they don't have bucket loads of different tasks to manage every day, deadlines to meet, decisions to make. Turn up, do what you're told, do it as fast as possible, go down the pub.
Doesn't sound so bad to me.

Ben Davies used to play safe on the left; if we were still playing with asymmetrical FB's, I´d agree with you that Dier would be just fine as a backup to Toby - as a LCB that in possession becomes the central defender of a back 3 (Jose has been playing them together, which in my opinion is a mistake). Anyway, things have changed when we signed Reguilón. I´m not so sure about Toby anymore - let alone Dier.

To make things worse, the goal we conceded today was initially Sanchez fault - he made a mistake, they got a corner. Second goal in two games from set-pieces - even though we had Eric Dier, who was supposed to help us in the air, in both games.
Honestly, I think all of our CBs are fucking useless for the level we aspire to. I know people are publicly masturbating over this Bale deal, and talking about titles, but we are going nowhere with these guys. I wouldn't mind but you don't have to lash out £75m to get a good CB. We could have bought two significant upgrades for £50m or so. Guys that can actually move.

Someone said today that Bale is worth at least 10 points a season to Spurs. My reply was “good that will equalise our the 10 points a season Dier costs us”.
:dierno:

Honestly, I think all of our CBs are fucking useless for the level we aspire to. I know people are publicly masturbating over this Bale deal, and talking about titles, but we are going nowhere with these guys. I wouldn't mind but you don't have to lash out £75m to get a good CB. We could have bought two significant upgrades for £50m or so. Guys that can actually move.
Still defensively our biggest issue is not putting enough pressure on the oppo higher up the pitch.

Our first line of defence (attack, then midfield) is useless at pressing the oppo.

Fix this and we reduce the volume of oppo attacks, reduce the structure of oppo attacks, so they may result in just going long where we have a better chance of winning 2nd balls etc.

As it stands it's just a numerical game, one of their more numerous attempts is more likely to be scored than stopped by us.

Back
Top Bottom