Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've defended him before but starting to think he's nothing more than a squad player.

If City were indeed offering 40 million for him we should take the money and run.

Yeah - I came in here to pretty much say what the above poster said.

I've defended Winks for a long time, he's been playing out of position long enough that I feel he's just grown too comfortable. I forgot he was even playing in the second half, but you couldn't miss him in the first half.... which half did we perform better in?

He's not adding anything to the team at the moment that Hojbjerg can't - and at least Hojbjerg is physically stronger.

Winks is fine as a squad player. 2-0 up with 20 minutes to play? Bring Winks on to rest a first team player, have him keep the ball and see the game out. Leyton Orient on Tuesday? Yeah, play Winks.

But the quicker we can replace him with Gio Lo Celso in our starting eleven, the better.

If he insists on the double-pivot he's got a problem because Winks and Sissoko/PEH doesn't work. Winks and GLC would be better but that means GLC plays deeper.

Ideally a proper DM alongside Tanguy and GLC in a midfield 3 would be best.

If he insists on the double-pivot he's got a problem because Winks and Sissoko/PEH doesn't work. Winks and GLC would be better but that means GLC plays deeper.

Ideally a proper DM alongside Tanguy and GLC in a midfield 3 would be best.
With an attacking LB instead of a holding one we either need to play 2 of Winks, Sissoko or PEH or play 3 at back.

Tragic waste of a starting spot - just hoofing the ball and losing possession. Once Tanguy is fit he should be nowhere near the first 11 - better yet - cash in now while his stock is semi decent

I watched him a lot today. Gets into space, receives the ball, moves it on, rarely, if ever dribbles or takes a man on. Gets in a few tackles but rarely disrupts attacking play. As I have said before, the modern day John Pratt.
Love him and his passion for the club but things are passing him by as this team grows..

I watched him a lot today. Gets into space, receives the ball, moves it on, rarely, if ever dribbles or takes a man on. Gets in a few tackles but rarely disrupts attacking play. As I have said before, the modern day John Pratt.
Love him and his passion for the club but things are passing him by as this team grows..
He’s suited to a possession based game unfortunately, he does do that well.

There was a time in the game today that I lost my hope with this man. The only job that he has to do is floating around the midfield to receive the ball and pass. Despite he was nowhere to be seen most of the game and players were leaved alone with the ball, in some momento Hojbjerg has shown up to do this while Winks was doing fuck all.

Back
Top Bottom