Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dunno. West Brom said to be very keen. Possible loan-to-buy deal if they stay up.

I find this Niang situation odd, he's only a year older than Guirassy, and better IMO, paid 15m for both but they bought Guirassy without seemingly having a plan for what they were doing with Niang? Did I read you or someone else saying he'd had problems in his private life, or was that someone else? Might explain it? If true maybe he's best avoided, if not we've been linked with worse strikers.

I find this Niang situation odd, he's only a year older than Guirassy, and better IMO, paid 15m for both but they bought Guirassy without seemingly having a plan for what they were doing with Niang? Did I read you or someone else saying he'd had problems in his private life, or was that someone else? Might explain it? If true maybe he's best avoided, if not we've been linked with worse strikers.
I just read he has separated from his wife.

He certainly wanted to leave, but there is little or no interest in him. There are very recent quotes from him saying he is happy to stay at Rennes.

I watched Rennes v Monaco. And the first half of the Newcastle v Brighton game.

I don't know how you feel, but I think I'm seeing more evidence of coaching with Potter, than I have with Solskjaer, Lampard and Arteta?

have you watched our game yet?

He certainly wanted to leave, but there is little or no interest in him. There are very recent quotes from him saying he is happy to stay at Rennes.

I watched Rennes v Monaco. And the first half of the Newcastle v Brighton game.

I'm just watching the Marseille/Lille game (26min) , Soumare starts again, he was Ok last time but Metz were so passive it was hard to assess, should be a better test today, want to have a look at David as well.

Kamara (Marseille DM 20yo) is sturdy enough, but he's very limited with the ball, bit of a Declan Rice maybe.

I don't know how you feel, but I think I'm seeing more evidence of coaching with Potter, than I have with Solskjaer, Lampard and Arteta?

have you watched our game yet?
I watched our game live.

I think Fat Frank is going to be found out. I think he is out of his depth.

Utd have big issues, too, and OGS is one of them.

Don't know what to make of Arteta yet.

Potter's outfit certainly served up a vibrant first 45 against Bruce's cavemen.

I'm just watching the Marseille/Lille game (26min) , Soumare starts again, he was Ok last time but Metz were so passive it was hard to assess, should be a better test today, want to have a look at David as well.
I might get to it during the week. Lille are not easy to watch at the moment. David is way off the pace. Galtier spoke about it during the week.
Kamara (Marseille DM 20yo) is sturdy enough, but he's very limited with the ball, bit of a Declan Rice maybe.
I dunno about this guy. Without putting him under the microscope, he doesn't seem to be much of a midfielder. I am not sure what kind of CB he'd make because he is not the biggest and not the quickest.

I watched our game live.

I think Fat Frank is going to be found out. I think he is out of his depth.

Utd have big issues, too, and OGS is one of them.

Don't know what to make of Arteta yet.

Potter's outfit certainly served up a vibrant first 45 against Bruce's cavemen.

Did you see there game v Chelsea last week, I thought they outplayed Chelsea for long spells, including before they went behind. No mean feat considering the respective players at each teams disposal.

Early days, and I'm not convinced he's got all the tools, but at least I'm seeing some actual tangible evidence of a coached difference with Brighton, a very humble team, as opposed to what I'm seeing at Arse, Chelsea, ManU where there's a lot of reactive crap being gilded by expensive, talented individuals. Chelsea played some ok football at times last season, but I wondered if that wasn't the left over collective muscle memory of Sarri. So far it's looking like it.

hour into this one, Lille by far the better side for most of it, Soumare been OK again, still think he lacks a bit of tenacity and defensive dynamism though. David barely involved. Bradaric has good intentions, not 100% sure he's got all the necessary skills/athleticism to match it. This is as bad as I've seen Marseille play for a while...

Did you see there game v Chelsea last week, I thought they outplayed Chelsea for long spells, including before they went behind. No mean feat considering the respective players at each teams disposal.
Didn't see it, but heard all about it on the ESPN FC podcast. I gather Chelsea were rubbish.

It is impossible to keep up with all the football at the moment.
Early days, and I'm not convinced he's got all the tools, but at least I'm seeing some actual tangible evidence of a coached difference with Brighton, a very humble team, as opposed to what I'm seeing at Arse, Chelsea, ManU where there's a lot of reactive crap being gilded by expensive, talented individuals. Chelsea played some ok football at times last season, but I wondered if that wasn't the left over collective muscle memory of Sarri. So far it's looking like it.
I don't have a strong opinion on Arteta's body of work right now. Didn't watch their cup games against City and Chelsea. Or their league win against Liverpool. Saw their first 45 against Fulham.

Whatever about Arteta's coaching, they have some personnel issues that would drive me soft. Their CMs and CBs, in particular.
hour into this one, Lille by far the better side for most of it, Soumare been OK again, still think he lacks a bit of tenacity and defensive dynamism though. David barely involved. Bradaric has good intentions, not 100% sure he's got all the necessary skills/athleticism to match it. This is as bad as I've seen Marseille play for a while...
Might get to it during the week. Soumare has ability, but I am not sure about his application. He just seems desperate to be elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom