Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

kyQe1qM.png

Højbjerg 4th highest rated Spurs player (7.17) vs So'ton behind Kane, Son (both 10.00) and Lloris (7.21) per Whoscored seems reasonable.
  • 68 Touches: Most for Spurs w/ Dier
  • 56 Passes: Most for Spurs w/ Dier and Winks
  • 4 Tackles Attempted: Most for Spurs w/ Sanchez
I thought he was a calming, solid presence in our midfield. I'll admit I was a bit underwhelmed by his signing, but there seem to be enough positives about him to feel encouraged about his potential for us; good size, decent engine, technically and temperamentally sound, entering his prime playing years.

kyQe1qM.png

Højbjerg 4th highest rated Spurs player (7.17) vs So'ton behind Kane, Son (both 10.00) and Lloris (7.21) per Whoscored seems reasonable.
  • 68 Touches: Most for Spurs w/ Dier
  • 56 Passes: Most for Spurs w/ Dier and Winks
  • 4 Tackles Attempted: Most for Spurs w/ Sanchez
I thought he was a calming, solid presence in our midfield. I'll admit I was a bit underwhelmed by his signing, but there seem to be enough positives about him to feel encouraged about his potential for us; good size, decent engine, technically and temperamentally sound, entering his prime playing years.
Yep he had a decent game especially considering that awful challenge on him early on

... aaaaand sideways to Ben. :troll:

I mean, basically this.

Imagine actually using this skill and this thread to show your agenda against Ndombele despite Ndombele actually moving the ball forward and having a hand in our goal at the end of his skill instead of just passing it sideways with his best Harry Winks impression.

but he's a HARD WORKAH that SHOWS PASHUN - so we'll let him off.

Didn´t play or travel for today´s match. There are "rumours" on Twitter saying he is injured - Romeu is an assassin. I thought it was strange that nobody asked Jose about the player in his post-match press conference.

Please post here if you know anything new about him. Thanks!

Last edited:
EiWpxtpUcAAUnMv

Not surprised this didn't do some damage.

That was in the 6th minute too - if it did damage, he continued to play on it for 84 minutes which wouldn't have helped. Would be typical that he goes 2 years without an injury and then gets one in his 3rd game for the club.

Would be a problem too as it means Winks or Sissoko play.

EiWpxtpUcAAUnMv

That was in the 6th minute too - if it did damage, he continued to play on it for 84 minutes which wouldn't have helped. Would be typical that he goes 2 years without an injury and then gets one in his 3rd game for the club.

I´d be surprised if it´s serious - more than one month, for example.

I know that Sonny played 90 minutes against Aston Villa and then he was out for 3 months - but it was his arm. It would be very difficult - almost impossible - to play 90 minutes with a serious ankle problem.

Hojbjerg could be out for next week, though - which means 4 games, including Chelsea and United. I´m really worried, especially because Sissoko didn´t play a single minute today - like he was being rested for some of the upcoming games.

Last edited:
I´d be surprised if it is serious - more than one month, for example.

I know that Sonny played 90 minutes against Aston Villa. But the problem was in his arm. It would be very difficult - almost impossible - to play 90 minutes with a serious ankle problem.

Hojbjerg could be out for next week - which means 4 games, including Chelsea and United. I´m really worried, especially because Sissoko didn´t play a single minute today - like he was being rested for some of the upcoming games.

I remember Lampard putting in an absolutely horrendous challenge on Chimbonda when we beat Chelsea 2-1 at the Lane for the first time in about 20 years. That was pretty early on, he played the full 90 minutes. Later revealed as medial ligament damage of the knee. He missed about 3 weeks of football.

Adrenaline is pretty incredible and Hojbjerg strikes me as a tough boy - I don't think it's too serious as he did play on but we could do without him missing some important games.

EiWpxtpUcAAUnMv

Whats the point of VAR? That should have been a straight red

Back
Top Bottom