One Hotspur: Worst Player of the Season???

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One Hotspur: Worst Player of the Season???

• Total voters
Has to be Gallas for me. Was actually quite pleased with the signing and he's done a job for us.

This season he started off with a good game here and there accompanied with shit...well now it's just shit every week. I think his time is up with us. Time for the MLS perhaps?

I don't think he looks particular languid. I think he looks like BAE.

Despite being poor by his own standards he has been out for just about half our games this season - and i still better than the back up options.

The slagging he got coming on against Basel was a disgrace. Kyle Naughton he had replaced hardly made himself look like Roberto Carlos earlier that game, now did he?

Cannot look past Ade. The potential and form he showed last year compared to his performances this year, granted the injury and AFCON but fuck me he was good last year, gave me so much hope and now he mostly makes me sad, and he doesn't smile any more :( maybe he misses Saha?

Cannot look past Ade. The potential and form he showed last year compared to his performances this year, granted the injury and AFCON but fuck me he was good last year, gave me so much hope and now he mostly makes me sad, and he doesn't smile any more :( maybe he misses Saha?

By that same logic (comparing to impact last year and potential) you would have to put Parker there with him.
Awful as Ade's been this year, his overall conntribution is better than 'fans favourite' Defoe who regularly does absolutely nothing (albeit he had a good September/October)

However, my vote by some margin is Gallas. What's infuriated me most is that many of the calamitous errors he has made haven't been down to the expected physical decline, they've been down to schoolboy mistakes which a 35 year old with his CV should not be making!

BAE is the one player we have that makes me shite myself when he is anywhere near the ball. This was before he appeared to stop even looking interested, so a lot worse now.

Gallas and Ade have not been great either mind you.

Gallas has been awful this season. As bad as he is with pace / athleticism / general fitness, he isn't making up for any of it with his supposed strengths. Even with his experience he finds himself out of position and unable to recover, his wild swinging at crosses have rarely resulted in a clearance but more often result in more problems for us, and as much as he is supposed to be considered a leader I don't think he deals with pressure too well, and considering the pressure he puts himself under...he's struggling in all aspects of his game.

Has to be Adebayor for me, not only for his lack of goals but a general lack of effort in all the matches I have seen him play in this season. I do not think he looks interested a lot of the time. Galas is a close second for his numerous schoolboy errors.

By that same logic (comparing to impact last year and potential) you would have to put Parker there with him.
Awful as Ade's been this year, his overall conntribution is better than 'fans favourite' Defoe who regularly does absolutely nothing!

I think Parker has come good, doesn't look that far from what he was last year for us, well the second ha l f of last year. Thought Defoe carried us for those months as well and is still a thousand times more threatening than Ade even when he doesn't score. The amount of work off the ball and his hold up play and his pace from last year has just completely disintegrated. I will have to agree Gallas is the pitts but thats what you'd expect from our fifth choice centre back :nelsen:

I voted for BAE, and Walker is definitely up there. We need to do something about our full-backs in the summer. Ignoring the lack of a solid striker, I feel it a massive weakness for this team. I believe Walker can do the business again for us, as he's still young, but he does need a kick up the backside.

Has to be Adebayor, been absolutely woeful all season, seems to have a complete lack of interest as well. As soon as the guy secures a contract he doesn't give a shit, and the cheek to grin after he missed his penalty.
Saying that, dempsey has been very ineffectual too, but to be fair he's played in his favoured position about once all season.

Parker, Ade, BAE, Gallas, Dempsey all need to go in the summer. Not good enough.
:gallas: :adeohshit: :dempsey: :parkerhmm: :baeshock:

Parker, Ade, BAE, Gallas, Dempsey all need to go in the summer. Not good enough.
:gallas: :adeohshit: :dempsey: :parkerhmm: :baeshock:
We can let them go, as long a we bring in a forward, we don't need to buy replacements for the other players.
  1. Gallas (coming in = Kaboul, Caulker)
  2. Parker (coming in = Livermore)
  3. BAE (coming in = Rose)

Ali Ali - its strange but I agree with you, but I dont want to actually say it until AFTER the season...
Then we can think about reshaping & recruiting. Right now we need to deal with what we have got and cheer them on as much as we can..
(Genuinely considering the players may read these forums as sad as it is...)

Oh and heres another one for you...
:brad:

Why did we give him a 2 year contract at the age of 40?!
We have Jordan Archer still who IMO looked very good at Wycombe.

Hm yes I'm fully behind all the players and will always support anyone who wears the shirt but that's just my opinion on who we should get rid of.

As for Friedel, I agree as well. He's losing it, and I reckon he should go too.
I like the look of Archer, good young keeper but won't get any game time with Lloris ahead of him.

Back
Top Bottom