Have we signed Milan Škriniar yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never been so happy to receive 5 disagrees :D . Seriously - I am happy that people are positive (except cretinousgoat cretinousgoat - you can literally go fist yourself with cactus. I was raising a question/ issue I have, to call fickle and to suggest deleting account is just a good indication of your mental issues) it totally might be that the start has made me too pessimistic. In terms of PEH you can go to his thread and read that I was quite optimistic about his purchase and preseason performances...I absolutely hope that you guys are totally right and me totally pessimistic :thumbup:

Just felt that how our midfield played in first 45 min against Soton, decent teams would comfortably hit us with 3-4 goals and comfortably retreat to defensive shape.
P.S just honest question to 4 normal responders - wouldn't you feel more comfortable going into new season with proper DM in the side instead of say ... Sissoko?
But we are in Hojbjerg to be honest. Sissoko will be fazed out the team for me he won't be a starter. Lo Celso and Ndombele in front of holjbjerg, that is a very good midfield.

Another note, Ndombele is still getting there fitness wise but he battled yesterday till the end both sides of the pitch he won't leave Hojbjerg on his own to defend.

Was hoping for a general consensus. Wisdom of crowds and all that. Looks like I’ll be struggling, considering yours is the only response.

My response was a little tongue in cheek with some of the recent talk about him and his value with some being super excited and others being very disappointed. I was trying to point out that there is people at both ends of the spectrum

I would say then yes he is a good player. He is better than Dier, Sanchez and probably Toby, and I think even those opposed to us signing would agree there. I thin the biggest issue some have is they think that while he may be an upgrade he isn't enough of an upgrade and that there are better players available for a lot less money, but there may be some that just don't like the player.

I think that he is a smart player that doesn't get out of position, can read the play, is strong enough to not get bullied and is comfortable enough with the ball to move it out of danger areas and pass it forward.

He is not fast, not a super athlete (but not a flat footed plodder either), he is decent with the ball but far from a ball playing CB and isn't likely to wow you with passes, I would say his passing is adequate but certainly not a concern.

Some concerns in respect to our team in particular, him and Toby together would potentially have issues with speed, he is not a left footed player and he is not a ball moving CB. I think all three of those things would have been ideal for us adding a new CB.

Back
Top Bottom