Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dele is technically superior to both those players

I think his issue are mental - ie his head is not in it
He really isn't... especially Jenas, and whilst Lingard is never touching Dele's peak, at least he can fufil a defensive winger role effectively.

Dele is full of ideas but he's not talented enough to pull of half of the flicks and tricks he tries.

Yeah, he is a pundit and a decent one. but you’re the one pushing a ridiculous and paranoid narrative.

He really isn't... especially Jenas, and whilst Lingard is never touching Dele's peak, at least he can fufil a defensive winger role effectively.

Dele is full of ideas but he's not talented enough to pull of half of the flicks and tricks he tries.

The frustrating thing with Dele is I actually think he’s at his best when he keeps it simple. He knows how to find pockets of space and drift into excellent positions. He has excellent physical attributes (although the two hammy lay offs did him no favours).

But as you say, he insists of the daft flicks. Annoying.

Something new may help him. Noticeable the Dele/Dier bromance has long gone.

Dele is a manchild, Dier has outgrown him. I think Dele hasn’t matured very much as a person and that’s reflected on the pitch. Still trying silly shit instead of doing the basics right.

Mourinho at one point on Thursday was f-ing at him because he wasn’t even awake when they were taking a goal kick.

Jenas falls over himself to slag off Spurs to appeal to the majority.

He'd do well to just not speak about us at all but he actively goes out of his way to shit on us as a "Spurs Legend".

The man would get a woolwich tattoo to prove how unbiased he is.
You've surprised me with that. I think he's one of the most pro Spurs commentators out there (as he should be as a former player).

Having said that, I wish he hadn't come out with these Dele comments.

As much as Dele seems to come across as a bit immature, I feel he’s lost that innocent approach to playing football. At his best he played like he was still playing in the park with his mates and making them look stupid, no fear and no respect for opposition, much like Rooney did at his best. Dele always seemed to not quite believe he was playing for Spurs but has just got far too comfortable. Has he fell for his own hype, was his spark coached out of him, has it just become a job to him, who knows apart from Dele? Would love to see the Dele of old back but he needs to find himself again first. Sadly, I think football’s not top of his list anymore.

You've surprised me with that. I think he's one of the most pro Spurs commentators out there (as he should be as a former player).

Having said that, I wish he hadn't come out with these Dele comments.

Fair enough. I used to think of him that way but not anymore. I did a google search on "jenas on spurs" and it was all negative stuff.

Interesting to note that it was all mainly aimed at Jose.

Yeah, and you could find countless pieces of him praising us under Poch. He’s not convinced of what we’re doing under Jose, just like many of us who watch us every week.

Fair enough. I used to think of him that way but not anymore. I did a google search on "jenas on spurs" and it was all negative stuff.

Interesting to note that it was all mainly aimed at Jose.
Perhaps he is more anti Jose as I definitely remember him being very much in Poch's camp at the time and a defender of him. I think as well where we have been stuck with the old school Liverpool, Man Utd, Woolwich dominated pundits for so long, it feels refreshing to have some with a Spurs outlook but that doesn't mean the are always positive.

It could be that Jenas, like a sizeable portion of Spurs related people And fans just doesn’t accept Jose as “one of us” and honestly that’s a perfectly fine stance to take. People went 3 years not accepting George Graham either. Nothing wrong with it,

being Anti- Jose doesn’t equal being anti-Spurs

It could be that Jenas, like a sizeable portion of Spurs related people And fans just doesn’t accept Jose as “one of us” and honestly that’s a perfectly fine stance to take. People went 3 years not accepting George Graham either. Nothing wrong with it,

being Anti- Jose doesn’t equal being anti-Spurs

Being blinkered/biased makes you a shit pundit though..... Especially if your stance against Jose infects your comment upon other aspects of the club.

Revisit his comms for the CL final too.... Dreadful.... Totally in awe of the big money wankery of PSG and peddling populist narratives all over the place.

Being blinkered/biased makes you a shit pundit though..... Especially if your stance against Jose infects your comment upon other aspects of the club.

Revisit his comms for the CL final too.... Dreadful.... Totally in awe of the big money wankery of PSG and peddling populist narratives all over the place.
I’m afraid populism is in vogue. It’s what people want 🙂

Back
Top Bottom