Tottenham Vs Newcastle - Sunday 27th Sept, 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ei7uAr-XgAEiq2D

Not checked.

Ei7uCBxXcAAwvPV

Checked. Nothing given.
I'm going to explain the decision based on how I understand them. Needless to say I don't agree with the rules.

Kane one.

Impact of ball on hand is inside the line of the body. So defender not making himself bigger. No handball.

The Havertz one would have been given as handball last season, but with the complaints from last season the scrapped that rule. So it doesn't apply to attackers. We got fucked by that time with Lucas vs Sheffield United, Declan Rice v Sheffield United.

Mate, did you watch today? It's literally all Newcastle were trying to do. They'd release a shot and instantly throw their arms up and scream for a handball.

It already is a "legitimate" tactic teams are employing.

I’m talking majorly - it is the first thing I would be telling the players if they don’t have a clear shot at goal. Look where the arm is and kick it towards there. You would stupid not too. It is the worst thought out time change there has been.

2 strains to his comments....

1. Sonny injured... Says there will be more.... Blaming the shedule.

2. So-called big clubs are being helped by these rules (see Utd & Chavs Yday) and generally get a 'helping hand'; Spurs aren't part of that club.
I thought Jose said that Son was rested but whatever.

The point about the big clubs is correct because according to the brains trust that is Graeme Souness, these things even themselves out over the season.

Well no actually, they don't. The more money, influence and power that you are able to exert will categorically affect how close to that "average" you will finish. Can it happen to the richest teams? Yes it can.
Will it happen consistently to the richest teams given the same circumstances? No it won't.

I'm struggling to care to be honest. When the season re-started, I watched a game with "fan noise" on and it was so utterly shit to watch it's almost laughable but then I tried "natural" and had to switch it off.

Are these rules meant for the global TV audience who have never actually kicked a ball before?

I agree with Wodge. I think we are very shortly going to see players stopping sincere attempts at goal and just flicking the ball onto the arms of nearby opponents in their own penalty areas, much like Mane in the CL final, but way more obvious. They'll do it because it's a way to win, but I'm sure they hate it every bit as much as we do. Things are going to get worse before they get better.

The whole thing is a sick fucking joke and I'm utterly fucked off by it.

Fucking tragic that Newcastle get a point out of that game. They deserve nothing for a completely empty performance.

Fuming that we didn't put them to the sword and even more fuming in the manner of the dropped points.

Fucking bollocks game this is sometimes.

I agree with Wodge. I think we are very shortly going to see players stopping sincere attempts at goal and just flicking the ball onto the arms of nearby opponents in their own penalty areas, much like Mane in the CL final, but way more obvious. They'll do it because it's a way to win, but I'm sure they hate it every bit as much as we do. Things are going to get worse before they get better.

The whole thing is a sick fucking joke and I'm utterly fucked off by it.
The next phase will be when academies start instructing young players to just aim the ball at the opposition's hand and virtually guarantee a goal.

Do we know the situation with the red?

A whole lot of confusion.

Nuno Santos our goalkeeping coach seems to have been the one confirmed to be have been sent off.

BBC and Sky Sports ran with Kane being sent off as he must have been in the direction the red was shown - Twitter got confused also and thought it may have been Sacramento.

Back
Top Bottom