Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He needs to start getting results, his star is starting to dim in my eyes.

To be fair - today absolutely should have been a win and I can't really blame Mourinho for that one.

It would have been our 4th win on the bounce and also would have seen us just lose once in our last 11 in all competitions.

Frustrating though - especially when we see Everton and Leicester 5 points clear of us.

What game was this and what did that symbol reprisent at the time?

e6368b0896583c69086c916d7d03c96d--adam-ant-prince-charming.jpg

We are also 4 games unbeaten in all competitions.

That's a pretty decent start to the season to be honest.

1 loss in our last 11 games.

Only conceded 3 goals from open play within that time too.

That 1 loss was also the only game in which Lo Celso played 0 minutes.

Anything less then top 4 and trophy is a failure
When we're done like this? I couldn't care less about the results that we get if we get fucked over like this. I'd much rather be in Championship, League 1 or whereever the fuck it might be to finally watch some real football instead of this shit of a sport.

I thought we were outstanding today.
Good saves and the woodwork was the only thing stopping the score reflecting the performance.

Except Dier.
Need to stop playing Dier Jose. Just bench him.

Build that siege mentality Jose. It's us against the world.
I think something is gradually changing after the Everton game... we got Reggie and Bale, Ndombele is starting showing who he is and today we had possibly the best half under Jose.

But I like to think that more than anything this game will give us a massive siege mentality, which could make a lot of difference this season

I think something is gradually changing after the Everton game... we got Reggie and Bale, Ndombele is starting showing who he is and today we had possibly the best half under Jose.

But I like to think that more than anything this game will give us a massive siege mentality, which could make a lot of difference this season
It´s also interesting to notice that, since we signed Reguilón - even though he didn´t play yet -, we stopped playing asymmetrical FB´s - Ben Davies is pushing high, just as much as Doherty.

I don't agree with this siege mentality bullshit. I just think it's more likely it gives players excuses for failure. They can blame everyone and everything other than themselves.

To often that approach is focused on uncontrollables like pitches, injuries, officials, decisions etc.

I don't agree with this siege mentality bullshit. I just think it's more likely it gives players excuses for failure. They can blame everyone and everything other than themselves.

To often that approach is focused on uncontrollables like pitches, injuries, officials, decisions etc.
Siege mentality is a double edge sword, and it can go as you said. But if properly managed (as in "fuck all, we are stronger than everything and we are gonna show you") it can be a big advantage

I saw my national team (Italy) winning two world cups because of that (in relation to the criticism they were getting from the press, mainly). Of course you need more than that, but it can make a difference

I liked his post match interview, clearly extremely pissed off and still bristling at the result, but he refused to be drawn on the penalty and chose to focus on the positives.
Building the siege mentality also.

Back
Top Bottom