Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We had Llorente, we then spent last summer chasing Dybala. In January we were like a desperate bloke in a club on the pull at last knockings, going from decent to average to shocking targets with no joy. This summer we have been linked with about 20 strikers. This is a non argument, the club and 2 seperate managers have wanted another striker for 15 months. If we dont get a decent one then it is abject failure. That doesn't mean we dont need other positions filled as well.

Putting this injury on Jose. Even Joe Hart was clearly aware that Son was "dead on his feet" during the qualifier earlier this week. Despite this fact, he starts Son for the 4th time in 10 days and it really took an injury to take him off?

Yeah, Dele's been slumping but he's still on the team and could have been utilized to give Son some rest. The season is a marathon, not a sprint. Dele wasn't even on the team sheet.

Why do you feel the need to make up arguments? I know that it is because your argument is so weak that you need to spin the argument away from it but I wonder what you think are gain from it.

Dele's goal totals- 10. 22. 14. 9. 7 not even close to a legitimate striker option as Firmino who actually is a striker.

I would be more than happy to bring in a versitaile player who can play striker and other roles. bus conductor has suggested a player like Leao. He would be an awesome guy to bring in.

There is no mindset from another era, Liverpool. Bayern, City, RM all have back-up strikers are they playing old school football. Maybe someone should tell them how wrong they are for having back-up strikers and that they should look instead at the great success we have had with no back-up striker.

Jesus Christ - that striker Frimino has 7 more league goals to his name than Ali who is not a striker.

That striker has the same goal tally as Son who you tell me is not a striker.

That striker has scored just 6 more goals in the PL than Christian Erkisen.

That striker has the returns of a typical top rate AM in the Premier league. Do you know why? It is because that is what he is. The whole game knows he is a AM/ False 9 - his main function is aid Salah and Mane. If it was to be an out and our goal scorer they would be looking to replace him given that record but they are not. Funny that

We need a versatile player? Now you are just taking the piss given that we have just signed Bale. Laughable.

Yes you are we just have Kane - play Son or Bale there?! Madness, how can 2 world class players who have both played that position ever be able cover. Crazy talk

Jesus Christ - that striker Frimino has 7 more league goals to his name than Ali who is not a striker.

That striker has the same goal tally as Son who you tell me is not a striker.

That striker has scored just 6 more goals in the PL than Christian Erkisen.

Wingers can score lots of goals. I have never argued that Son is not a key part of our attack or that wingers can't be relied on to score.

Look at the totals for Firmino versus Dele, Firmino consistently scores double digit goals, he is reliable. Dele has one big season and the rest are not nearly good enough to be relied on as a striker.

Plus watch Firmino he is a striker. Like it isn't a debate. You can argue the style of striker he plays but he is a stiker for Liverpool, with a back-up striker in Origi that they can play in lower league games to give their top guys a rest or to bring on late in games to score big goals for them.

We need a versatile player? Now you are just taking the piss given that we have just signed Bale. Laughable.

Bale does nothing to help with the fixture congestion.

LOL

its funny to watch how wrong you have been on this but you are so stuck in your terrible argument that you try to spin it into the nonsense above. Just like you do with your ridiculous hatred of Lo Celso.

He doesn’t play well out wide but yes I guess

Wouldn't be a direct replacement for Son obviously but he should definitely be utilized. It's up to Jose how he puts the puzzle together with Son out as a piece. Say what you want about Dele but he's one of the better attacking players we have. We don't have the luxury of allowing players to sit.

Wingers can score lots of goals. I have never argued that Son is not a key part of our attack or that wingers can't be relied on to score.

Look at the totals for Firmino versus Dele, Firmino consistently scores double digit goals, he is reliable. Dele has one big season and the rest are not nearly good enough to be relied on as a striker.

Plus watch Firmino he is a striker. Like it isn't a debate. You can argue the style of striker he plays but he is a stiker for Liverpool, with a back-up striker in Origi that they can play in lower league games to give their top guys a rest or to bring on late in games to score big goals for them.

Bale does nothing to help with the fixture congestion.

LOL

its funny to watch how wrong you have been on this but you are so stuck in your terrible argument that you try to spin it into the nonsense above. Just like you do with your ridiculous hatred of Lo Celso.

You are getting slaughtered and still come back for more.

You seem very confused here - either Son can cover Kane or he cannot - which is it? . Same with Bale. All three world class with Son and Bale versatile enough to cover Kane.

And the stats back that up were we actually had a higher goal per game ratio with Son up front than we did with Kane

You are making a complete fool of your self here - you went down the striker rabbit hole in January and clearly can’t get out. Even when we sign Bale you still cling to this. You don’t even now the basic roles of footballers - try to claim Firmino is a natural striker or claim Son is winger when he is a wing forward.

You seem very confused here - either Son can cover Kane or he cannot - which is it? . Same with Bale. All three world class with Son and Bale versatile enough to cover Kane.

And the stats back that up were we actually had a higher goal per game ratio with Son up front than we did with Kane

You are making a complete fool of your self here - you went down the striker rabbit hole in January and clearly can’t get out. Even when we sign Bale you still cling to this. You don’t even now the basic roles of footballers - try to claim Firmino is a natural striker or claim Son is winger when he is a wing forward.
I mean I think you're mostly right, I have many times said we were actually better for a few months when Kane was out and Son played striker, but the point is that you can't have your first choice left forward also be second central forward.

You want to rest your striker for someone who isn't first choice. Otherwise you'll have to rest the first choice left winger instead.

Anyhow, Mou clearly wants more of a 'focal point', target striker like he always uses rather than using the more speedy/mobile Son up top alone.

It really doesn't matter now that Son's down. We're going to need additional firepower up front so a back up striker is needed now. I think we took for granted how durable Son was and some actually had the nerve to bitch about him not tracking back faster.

Kane/Bale isn't going to be enough for 6-8 weeks straight given both have injury problems themselves they need to look out for.

It really doesn't matter now that Son's down. We're going to need additional firepower up front so a back up striker is needed now. I think we took for granted how durable Son was and some actually had the nerve to bitch about him not tracking back faster.

Kane/Bale isn't going to be enough for 6-8 weeks straight given both have injury problems themselves they need to look out for.

Kane and Bale is enough when we have Bergwin, Lucas and Lamela and Ali backing them up. If anything we need a replacement for Eriksen more than a back up as we still lack that creative spark. Lo Celso is simply not a replacement for Eriksen

Kane and Bale is enough when we have Bergwin, Lucas and Lamela and Ali backing them up. If anything we need a replacement for Eriksen more than a back up as we still lack that creative spark. Lo Celso is simply not a replacement for Eriksen

He's not a direct replacement but we're hoping NDombele can help fill that void alongside Lo Celso right? He's performances are pointing in the right direction. If GLC and NDombele can click, they can be the force in midfield we were looking for.

Kane and Bale is enough when we have Bergwin, Lucas and Lamela and Ali backing them up.

I tend to agree with you but how much is it going to cost us to bring on a back up striker? I doubt it transforms our play in any way shape or form but I think what it will do is somewhat reduce the burden/stress on our players. Kane/Bale are both injury prone and if one of them goes down alongside Son, we will be definitely short of options. Again, if it doesn't cost us an arm and a leg, at this point with Son down, it's worth it just to bring one in as an insurance policy.

He's not a direct replacement but we're hoping NDombele can help fill that void alongside Lo Celso right? He's performances are pointing in the right direction. If GLC and NDombele can click, they can be the force in midfield we were looking for.

I tend to agree with you but how much is it going to cost us to bring on a back up striker? I doubt it transforms our play in any way shape or form but I think what it will do is somewhat reduce the burden/stress on our players. Kane/Bale are both injury prone and if one of them goes down alongside Son, we will be definitely short of options. Again, if it doesn't cost us an arm and a leg, at this point with Son down, it's worth it just to bring one in as an insurance policy.

I have never been that interested in an out and out striker as few qualities ones will come to play second fiddle to Kane and the ones who will won’t be any where near as good as Son or now Bale. I think am adaptable wing forward is a far better option which is what we have with Bale.

You are right, everyone else in the soccer world is wrong but you alone are correct. Teams have zero need for a back-up striker. Those other teams with back-up strikers are all getting it wrong.

Overplaying your key players with injury histories is the perfect way to have success. We have never seen that plan go wrong.

Son can cover for Kane in the short term and in the PL. He can't cover for Kane when we have multiple games in a week or for long periods of the PL season.

Bale is a terrible option as cover for striker. It is not suited for his skillset, not his natural position and something he has done rarely, if ever at club level. He also does nothing to help with fixture congestion and as seen now does nothing when he is out injured.

I never went down a rabbit hole in January at all, Bale does nothing to change anything.

And wanting the team to have a back-up striker is not clinging to anything it is the clear cut way teams are built.

You are right, everyone else in the soccer world is wrong but you alone are correct. Teams have zero need for a back-up striker. Those other teams with back-up strikers are all getting it wrong.

Overplaying your key players with injury histories is the perfect way to have success. We have never seen that plan go wrong.

Son can cover for Kane in the short term and in the PL. He can't cover for Kane when we have multiple games in a week or for long periods of the PL season.

Bale is a terrible option as cover for striker. It is not suited for his skillset, not his natural position and something he has done rarely, if ever at club level. He also does nothing to help with fixture congestion and as seen now does nothing when he is out injured.

I never went down a rabbit hole in January at all, Bale does nothing to change anything.

And wanting the team to have a back-up striker is not clinging to anything it is the clear cut way teams are built.

No you are right clearly what we desperately need is someone like Leao who is 21 and scored 6 goals last year. Clearly.

Modern team require adaptability and flexibility but no! We must just had a striker! Wing forward who can play that role and play large number of games and be match fit? No. Striker who won’t start in the league or important game and in turn won’t be able to build a run of form against the competitive teams? Absolutely!! Bring him in! Bale is a terrible option -I have heard it all now. Someone like Leao would be a better forward option than Gareth Bale, snigger.

No you are right clearly what we desperately need is someone like Leao who is 21 and scored 6 goals last year. Clearly.

Modern team require adaptability and flexibility but no! We must just had a striker! Wing forward who can play that role and play large number of games and be match fit? No. Striker who won’t start in the league or important game and in turn won’t be able to build a run of form against the competitive teams? Absolutely!! Bring him in! Bale is a terrible option -I have heard it all now. Someone like Leao would be a better forward option than Gareth Bale, snigger.

Again your reading skills are terrible or more likely you just don't want to face facts.

If playing Leao in midweek games keeps Kane healthy then of course he is exactly what we need. If having Leao on the bench so that Lamela is not the first choice option when we are down a goal then yes he is exactly what we need.

If Leao at 21 means we have someone who can grow to be a key player in our squad then yes he is exactly what we need,

But no you are right better to do like we did last year and pray that we will stay healthy. Nevermind we are already done both Son and Bale right now lets continue to ignore reality and keep touting an injured Bale as a solution to our problems!

Back
Top Bottom