Carabao Cup Fourth Round - Tottenham Vs Chelsea - Tuesday 29th Sept, 7.45pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris
Doherty - Alderweireld - Sanchez - Reguilon
Sissoko - Hojbjerg - Ndombele
Bergwijn - Kane - Lamela

Not really sure what to expect from this. We were absolutely spineless against Chelsea in both fixtures under Mourinho last season - we are at home here and should have absolute fire in our blood after the result that just happened.

We line up on Thursday:

Hart
Aurier - Sanchez - Dier - Davies
Winks - Lo Celso
Lucas - Lamela - Bergwijn
Dele​
In my view.

Either way - I think both teams have enough quality to win both games. We actually have good options for once. Just an absolute shame Son got injured.

Last edited:
Lloris
Bergwijn - Kane - Lamela

Not really sure what to expect from this. We were absolutely spineless against Chelsea in both fixtures under Mourinho last season - we are at home here and should have absolute fire in our blood after the result that just happened.

We line up on Thursday:

Hart
Winks - Lo Celso
Dele​
In my view.

Either way - I think both teams have enough quality to win both games. We actually have good options for once. Just an absolute shame Son got injured.

That would be crazy. Europa League is best shot of getting back in the CL. Lose on Thursday and our season would start to unravel. Kane must start on Thursday. No one who started today should start on Tuesday.

Absolutely not watching the game. Farcical scheduling. We've got almost no chance of winning. They'll be able to go full strength. I'd take 0-1 defeat if offered.

Last edited:
Lloris
Bergwijn - Kane - Lamela

We line up on Thursday:

Hart
Winks - Lo Celso
Dele​
In my view.

I think that is best although I would switch Lo Celso and Ndombele because I want to make sure Lo Celso is good for 90 minutes on the weekend and I think the Maccabi game will be easier on Ndombele in terms of his defensive requirements, easier for him to coast in that game.

That team listed should easily defeat Maccabi (or whatever their name is) and allows our top players to get some rest before the weekend, but I am sure Jose and some fans will be too worried that they would lose to a garbage Israeli league team unless we have Kane in there.

I am also concerned that having Sanchez play both games means Dier gets to start on the weekend which will not end well for us.

That would crazy. Europa League is best shot of getting back in the CL. Lose on Thursday and our season would start to unravel. Kane must start on Thursday. No one who started today should start on Tuesday.

Absolutely not watching the game. Farcical scheduling. We've got almost no chance of winning. They'll be able to go full strength. I'd take 0-1 defeat if offered.

Kane also is the best chance we have at finishing high in the PL, having him continue to go Thursday-Sunday is not a recipe for keeping him available in the PL.

Kane shouldn't start and I don't think he will.

He's needed for Thursday and Sunday.

Lloris

Aurier
Alderweireld
Sanchez
Dier
Reguillon

Sissoko
Hojberg
N'Dombele

Dele
Bergywin

Lloris
Aurier CCV Toby Reguilon
Bergwijn Gedson Ndombele Sess
Lamela Dele

That's a shit team but I don't know what else we can do.

I take it Sissoko is still ill. Son and Kane won't play.

Let’s just put a nasty XI out and tear them apart.

Gazza

Serge
Sess

Tobs
DavSan
Dier (C - lead by example)

Sissoko

Lamela
Dele
Bergwijn

Kane (no other choice)

Just fuck ‘em up. As you can tell, I know nothing about tactics. I just want to win. And kill chavs (figure of speech obvs.)

The result today was worse than losing to Everton as today I feel we were robbed. Added to that we have lost Son. Tuesday was always going to be difficult and the way I feel at the moment I could not stomach watching Chelsea overrun us. I might change my mind by Tuesday but at present intend looking at the team sheets and if Chelsea go strong and we do not will give it a miss.

I can see him starting Thursday/Sunday. That's a given. Knowing Kane's mentality he will want to play on Tuesday but i would give him the night off.

I'll be shocked if he features on Tuesday.
It would be criminal anyway. We simply can not play a strong team Sunday-Tuesday-Thursday-Sunday. It's impossible. Full rotation on Tue is NECESSARY.

Tbh I already could not give a fuck about this game, last thing we need right now snd against those cunts too

I'd love it if our 2nd string beat these cunts. Really put a bit of pressure on Frank.

This is one game where i'll settle for a shithouse 1-0, low-block, 10 men behind the ball, park the bus bit of cuntery to get one over the Russians.

We can deploy strong lineup here. I think something like:
Doherty - Toby & Dier - Davies
Winks - Hojbjerg
Moura - Lo Celso - Bergwijn
Kane

And for Maccabi we can play Aurier, give Regui a debut, maybe swap CB pairing, play Sissoko/Ndombele/Dele midfield, Lamela and Berg(as he didn't play that much yet and he needs to catch some minutes, looked weak vs Newcastle)
And dunno, Hart up front.
Would be a decent game to put a new striker up front, but i guess we could put Winks as he doesn't really do much so he can play every game and push Lamela/Dele further

Back
Top Bottom