Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't Lo Celso play as a DM at PSG on occasion? It's not his preferred role by all accounts but it would help get our best players on the pitch.
He did play there, and I read somewhere he was not bad, but he absolutely exploded when he played in the AM position at Betis.

Basically, yes you can play him in DM but we’d be wasting his talent. A better option would be to invest in a true DM and let Lo Celso move further forward. But we bought Hobo so...

He's onof those players talented enough to play more than one role. Which one he plays is really down to the manager to choose and it may vary depending on who we play.

Not many players can you say that about so it's a compliment to him.

He really is something special, I think with the whole Tanguy saga a lot of the attention has been taken away from him.

No fans of other clubs seem to know that Lo Celso is so talented and I think he is going to suprise a lot of those clubs this season.

Last edited:
He really is something special, I think with the whole
Tanguy saga a lot of the attention has been taken away from him.

No fans of other clubs seem to know that Lo Celso is so talented and I think he is going to suprise a lot of those clubs this season.

Because a lot of other fans just look at statistics when not actually watching a player - and he hasn't really had that blow away game against a top club as of yet to be seen as a huge deal.

He only managed, what? 2 assists in the league last season with 0 goals and those assists came in the final few games of the season.

But he is hideously under the radar. You're right.

Because a lot of other fans just look at statistics when not actually watching a player - and he hasn't really had that blow away game against a top club as of yet to be seen as a huge deal.

He only managed, what? 2 assists in the league last season with 0 goals and those assists came in the final few games of the season.

But he is hideously under the radar. You're right.
I think I prefer it that way.

It shouldn´t go unnoticed: our first half against Newcastle was a continuation of the last 45 minutes against Southampton. We are a entirely different team with Lo Celso playing as a 10. We pressed better up front, and we were much more organized to create chances (loads of them).

We need to build from that. Again, Lo Celso is an absolute must for this team.

Thought he had a slow start to the first half, barely anything was coming off for him and he was being a bit safe but the more the game went on, he was getting more and more into it and played some wonderful passes.

I can understand the reasons for taking him off for Ndombele as a like for like creative replacement as well as resting them for a busy week - but we really should have taken Winks off for Ndombele instead and really gone for it a bit more today, in my opinion.

I can understand the reasons for taking him off for Ndombele as a like for like creative replacement as well as resting them for a busy week - but we really should have taken Winks off for Ndombele instead and really gone for it a bit more today, in my opinion.

If it was a fitness thing than fine, we can't know everything with that. If it was a tactics thing then that pisses me off as sitting back for a 1-0 is an awful decision at that time.

I also don't think Winks or PEH does anything to help us hold on to wins even if we are up bigger. Winks, especially isn't better defensively than GLC, and I don't think PEH is either. GLC being able to handle the press also helps a lot more compared to Winks and PEH who either turn it over or pass back when under pressure.

I know with Ndombele and Lo Celso being our only creative players we need to watch their minutes but the solution should be to bring in another creative player to back them up rather than only playing one of them at a time.

We should do as much as possible to play both 90 minutes every PL game. They should both be two of the first names on the game sheet each week.

He's not even a similar player to Eriksen.

He definitely reminds me of early Spurs Modric - and if he can end up even half the player then we have one hell of a player on our hands.

Has that burst of pace, nasty streak, loves a slide tackle and his weight of pass is brilliant. All things Modric brought us. He's even under appreciated by opposing fans and pundits like Modric was (certainly for the first 2 years anyway)

Eventually I am sure he'll control and boss games like prime Modric did for us.

He's not even a similar player to Eriksen.

He definitely reminds me of early Spurs Modric - and if he can end up even half the player then we have one hell of a player on our hands.

Has that burst of pace, nasty streak, loves a slide tackle and his weight of pass is brilliant. All things Modric brought us. He's even under appreciated by opposing fans and pundits like Modric was (certainly for the first 2 years anyway)

Eventually I am sure he'll control and boss games like prime Modric did for us.

Far more involved in and around the box than I thought modric was, but do see a lot of the same qualities.

Ball glued to foot. Head on a swivel. Gets stuck in. Looks forward first. And that burst is spot on.

Back
Top Bottom