Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This ‘Kane back up’ stuff is nonsense. We need another striker whether Kane’s our number one or not; who’s to say that striker x can’t play alongside Kane.
100%. We need another striker full stop. Bale is injured a lot anyway. & kane usually gets a big injury, as well as son a few smaller ones.

So, you’re happy to go with our attacking force as we are? Just as we experienced before lockdown both Son & Kane were out injured.. I appreciate Bale is a great option, but we need to be considering beyond this... injuries occur regularly.. an hungry new striker is imperative to notching our way forward... in my opinion, if we don’t do something special this season, Kane will go. Then what?
No, but what I'm saying is, this whole "must buy players with more than one position" shit is not helping us, one bit. Also the fact that Kane won't even be taken off if a game is won or seems to get to decide if he wants to come off or not is not healthy.

Get rid of Dele and Bergwijn and lose one of Winks or Iceberg would be a great start.

I can't help but feel that the job Winks and Iceberg do together could be done better by one genuine top class player. Allowing us a far better balance.

This is getting beyond a joke now...we still need a striker just like we havd for the last 2 years.
Pathetic, just do the deals that this squad desperately needs .....................

This is getting beyond a joke now...we still need a striker just like we havd for the last 2 years.
Pathetic, just do the deals that this squad desperately needs .....................
Nah. Let's run kane in to the ground until he gets injured. Then tell ourselves "how unlucky we are & the world is against us" when we have to play aurier upfront.

The good thing is, there's only a week left of this stuff. I expect Skriniar and a striker to come in and that will represent a very good window.

This ‘Kane back up’ stuff is nonsense. We need another striker whether Kane’s our number one or not; who’s to say that striker x can’t play alongside Kane.
You may think it’s nonsense, but the entire planet knows that Kane plays when he’s even half fit. Every striker knows they won’t shift him. Does someone take a risk and hope Kane gets injured to give them a chance? Even if they come in at that point and score a hatful, Kane is back in the team when he says he is. Naming this as nonsense is fine, but it doesn’t make the actual real life issue go away.

You know what, fuck this shit. I'm sick of it now.

Just bring back Parrott and let him learn by playing with the first team. He will get games, especially with Son and Bale injured. The only reason he went to Millwall was to get game time.

He can get game time with us and actually help us rather than some other team.

You know if I ever feel down in life I know I can come in this thread to have a laugh at grown men playing armchair manager throwing massive fits about something they have no control over and letting it affect their lives.

Just bring back Parrott and let him learn by playing with the first team. He will get games, especially with Son and Bale injured. The only reason he went to Millwall was to get game time.

:paulinhobored:

Find it weird people are more upset now than 24 hours ago. We played a terrific game. Probably our best of the season. There’s reason for optimism.

The Son injury sucks for sure. But we’ll have a striker in before the window closes and we can survive until he’s back.

But I will acknowledge it’s dumb we’ve gone this long without buying one.

Find it weird people are more upset now than 24 hours ago. We played a terrific game. Probably our best of the season. There’s reason for optimism.

The Son injury sucks for sure. But we’ll have a striker in before the window closes and we can survive until he’s back.

But I will acknowledge it’s dumb we’ve gone this long without buying one.

You're right. We had a pretty average team out there (I felt) and still played Newcastle off the park.

I just think this is one of those games that will be spoken about for a long time. With all the other teams seeming to stumble so early this could be another case of Top 4 being hot lava. So I have a feeling that if we get close to top 4 (and I feel we will having just one loss in the last 11 or so games) it could come down to fine margins.

I was a bit pissed off with the Soton game and that soft pen in regards to our GD. This is just a whole other case of piss boiling. A good result against the chavs will calm the nerves. Going out of two cups this week will see a little angst.

You're right. We had a pretty average team out there (I felt) and still played Newcastle off the park.

I just think this is one of those games that will be spoken about for a long time. With all the other teams seeming to stumble so early this could be another case of Top 4 being hot lava. So I have a feeling that if we get close to top 4 (and I feel we will having just one loss in the last 11 or so games) it could come down to fine margins.

I was a bit pissed off with the Soton game and that soft pen in regards to our GD. This is just a whole other case of piss boiling. A good result against the chavs will calm the nerves. Going out of two cups this week will see a little angst.

I get it but the points dropped were out of our control. Everything about that decision was awful. The foul leading to the free kick. And then the penalty. We dominated that game. Held them without a shot on goal until that point. It could come back to hurt us, but like I said, it’s something out of our control.

I get it but the points dropped were out of our control. Everything about that decision was awful. The foul leading to the free kick. And then the penalty. We dominated that game. Held them without a shot on goal until that point. It could come back to hurt us, but like I said, it’s something out of our control.

I agree with you. It just boils my piss is all.

:dierpochhug:

I've been away for work that last bit and haven't had a chance to stay updated on transfers. So am I up to date??

Skriniar is still up in the air. Dias is going to City. Have we been linked to any other CB's?

Then, lots of talks about Milik. Are we linked to any other strikers?

I would imagine that is where the business stops for this transfer window if we even sign those 2. Any links to a playmaker?

Hes not ready at this level yet

Back
Top Bottom