Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think we may see a few outs as well :
[...]

I don't know at this point. The only player we've sold of real value is Kyle Walker-Peters. It is getting really late in the window and Levy is likely looking for too much value again.

Rose, Foyth, Dele, Aurier are all probably available. Similarly we had 3 players we were looking to shift last summer and they all stayed. Like the striker situation - I'm getting de ja vu.

If Poch was still our manager, Daka as well as VDB would be 100% spurs players by now.

Young (attacking) talents know Dinosaur, unlike Poch, has never been interested in developing young players or playing a style of football suitable to attacking players.

By the time Dinosaur fucks off, we will be behind the likes of Everton and Leicester in pecking order, something unthinkable before this season. All Poch's hard work will be undone by then.

If Poch was still our manager, Daka as well as VDB would be 100% spurs players by now.

Young (attacking) talents know Dinosaur, unlike Poch, has never been interested in developing young players or playing a style of football suitable to attacking players.

By the time Dinosaur fucks off, we will be behind the likes of Everton and Leicester in pecking order, something unthinkable before this season. All Poch's hard work will be undone by then.
Varane and McTominay say hi.

Grow up.

I don't know at this point. The only player we've sold of real value is Kyle Walker-Peters. It is getting really late in the window and Levy is likely looking for too much value again.

Rose, Foyth, Dele, Aurier are all probably available. Similarly we had 3 players we were looking to shift last summer and they all stayed. Like the striker situation - I'm getting de ja vu.

Not so much about cash (although some might help), more a question of not having more than 17 overseas players in the squad.

See https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/our-squad-2020-21.37228/page-2

Having Kane on our books perversely feels like it’s hampering us now. If no one even decent is willing to come and play second fiddle then it’s detrimental to our chances of building a squad capable of winning honours. Weirdly back in the days when we were shit the one thing we usually had was a squad stoked with strikers.

Having Kane on our books perversely feels like it’s hampering us now. If no one even decent is willing to come and play second fiddle then it’s detrimental to our chances of building a squad capable of winning honours. Weirdly back in the days when we were shit the one thing we usually had was a squad stoked with strikers.
To be honest the Kane back up argument can be fixed if we just say that Kane can play as a withdrawn forward.

At times yesterday he was picking the ball up from our defence.

Funny thing about Milik's allegedly being interested in a move to Utd. but not wanting to play back-up here...... 1. It negates the oft made claim that unlike is Utd have proper ST depth and 2. suggests that he sees an easier path to being their #1.

Don't think the signing of Bale has helped the striker search. We could have easily sold the game time argument to Ings, Milik and Belotti with the fact we could play 2 up front or they could play slightly to the right of Kane. Now they're looking at Kane, Son, Bale and likely thinking bollocks to that.

I can’t help feeling that as the closing of the transfer window approaches, it’s depressingly likely either Deeney or Benteke will arrive at Spurs.
Giroud is probably third choice striker at Chelsea currently, he would be a much better option surely.

It’s more the use of language as in: “Kane back-up “; implies that another striker can never be good in their own right. I don’t disagree in essence with what you’ve written, but I still believe we need another good quality striker that can compete. We’re reliant on our front three - currently - to get the goals; previously Dele and Eriksen would bag a few etc so the front free not always scoring was acceptable. I just want another striker - makes footballing sense
Edit. Apologies if in wrong thread; still getting to grips with the format on here

Just don’t EVER disagree with Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman and you’ll be fine 😉

Back
Top Bottom