Carabao Cup Fourth Round - Tottenham Vs Chelsea - Tuesday 29th Sept, 7.45pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Europa league is priority, put out a defensive side against Chelsea and tell the fringe players its their chance to shine, Chelsea tho after Saturday will play a full strength side, even their reserves tbh are quality!
Its either going to be us getting smashed or we win on penos!
Son with a hamstring is ridiculous and shows this fixture list has screwed us! Be ok if we wouldn't of got robbed 2 points on Sunday

If i was Jose id just play without a striker, just have a good pen taker in the side, play to get near the box and kick it or head it into the defenders and shout for handball. Easiest way to win a game now.

Basically play possession based football, high press keep it away from your own area, play it safe and patient to not lose the ball. AVB-like.

You don't need to get in the box and score goals any more. Play like this every game and you win everything. Penalties every game. Hope we do it just to show how broken football now is.

-----------------------Lloris--------------------
Aurier---Alderweireld---Dier---Reguilon
---------------------Hojberg-------------------
-------------Sissoko--------Gedson----------
Lamela-----------------------------Bergjwin
-----------------------Dele---------------------

-----------------------Lloris--------------------
Aurier---Alderweireld---Dier---Reguilon
---------------------Hojberg-------------------
-------------Sissoko--------Gedson----------
Lamela-----------------------------Bergjwin
-----------------------Dele---------------------

I like the looks of that!

Could really do with winning this to get yesterday's farce off my mind.

Kick the ball against defenders arms at every conceivable opportunity. That's football these days.

You expect Son to play with a hamstring injury? Bit harsh.
I didn’t actually realise he had an injury when I wrote that! Bummer, thought he was just being rested because the commentators didn’t say at the time she turned it off the second full time went cause I was so pissed off.

Also Sonny’s thread is such a clusterfuck that I can’t bring myself to go in there anymore.

Could really do with winning this to get yesterday's farce off my mind.

Kick the ball against defenders arms at every conceivable opportunity. That's football these days.

The handball is a cop out in my opinion, we should have ruined Newcastle in the first half, only ourselves to blame. We simply don't take our chances efficiently enough, we have chances against Everton also and failed.

The handball is a cop out in my opinion, we should have ruined Newcastle in the first half, only ourselves to blame. We simply don't take our chances efficiently enough, we have chances against Everton also and failed.

Not counting yesterday, we scored 10 goals in the 3 matches since Everton.

Sometimes 1-0 ought to be enough..... We looked more than solid enough to keep Newcastle out in the dying moments.

They didn't carve a single chance. Hugo had not one save to make.

We were fucked over by 3 shit calls in one sequence of play.

Not a FK, player-offside fo the FK, bullshit HB.

If i was Jose id just play without a striker, just have a good pen taker in the side, play to get near the box and kick it or head it into the defenders and shout for handball. Easiest way to win a game now.

Basically play possession based football, high press keep it away from your own area, play it safe and patient to not lose the ball. AVB-like.

You don't need to get in the box and score goals any more. Play like this every game and you win everything. Penalties every game. Hope we do it just to show how broken football now is.

that or cut the arms off every footballer. Have armless football. It’s absolutely pathetic and they highlighted it on match of day yesterday where Spurs players were holding arms behind the back when the opposition shoots, which was obviously instructed by Mourinho, but as they pointed out, it’s so unnatural. You don’t defend properly because your mind is on holding arms behind. Football is finished with VAR. End this shambles ASAP

Sometimes 1-0 ought to be enough..... We looked more than solid enough to keep Newcastle out in the dying moments.

Did we have clear cut chances to score another? 1-0 is never enough no matter who your playing but especially in the PL. I hate the "luck", "rub of the green", "poor calls" excuses, cause we have benefited from them in the past.

Come on don't count matches against back water teams, right now the PL is all that is all that's counting.

that or cut the arms off every footballer. Have armless football. It’s absolutely pathetic and they highlighted it on match of day yesterday where Spurs players were holding arms behind the back when the opposition shoots, which was obviously instructed by Mourinho, but as they pointed out, it’s so unnatural. You don’t defend properly because your mind is on holding arms behind. Football is finished with VAR. End this shambles ASAP
It reminded me of the "Come on Eileen " video from Dexys...

Did we have clear cut chances to score another? 1-0 is never enough no matter who your playing but especially in the PL. I hate the "luck", "rub of the green", "poor calls" excuses, cause we have benefited from them in the past.

Come on don't count matches against back water teams, right now the PL is all that is all that's counting.

You said about taking chances, but still....

We played shit against Everton. We were clinical as fuck vs Saints. We forced big saves and hit the woodwork twice yday.

Plenty of games are won 1-0.

The bullshit yesterday was legit; therefore not an excuse.

We played shit against Everton. We were clinical as fuck vs Saints. We forced big saves and hit the woodwork twice yday.

Plenty of games are won 1-0.

The bullshit yesterday was legit; therefore not an excuse.

We have 2 good chances against Everton early doors and failed to convert. Sorry we will have to disagree, Newcastle were wank.

Still speechless after the decision, but I must disagree, 1-0 is never enough if you score in the 25th minute, and had umpteen chances in the first half. We should have put the game to bed by half time and hooked Kane and/or Son in the 60th minute.

What if the Davies cannon against Hojbjerg had gone in?

Half those 10 goals we've scored since Everton were against part timers from the Balkans and Southampton were completely clueless.

I didn't think we were great yesterday (contrary to others on this forum) against a brainless, ambition-less Newcastle.

Additionally, what's happened to Bergwijn?

Having said all this, the penalty decision was just breathtaking!

We have 2 good chances against Everton early doors and failed to convert. Sorry we will have to disagree, Newcastle were wank.

Newcastle were wank, but since when is beating a 9 man defence a mere formality?

Newcastle were wank, but since when is beating a 9 man defence a mere formality?

Man we had 23 shots on target, 12 on target and 10 corners all resulting in 1 goal... not good enough. I'mnot saying winning 1 nil isn't acceptable but we should have put away more than 1 goal.

Back
Top Bottom