Carabao Cup Fourth Round - Tottenham Vs Chelsea - Tuesday 29th Sept, 7.45pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still speechless after the decision, but I must disagree, 1-0 is never enough if you score in the 25th minute, and had umpteen chances in the first half. We should have put the game to bed by half time and hooked Kane and/or Son in the 60th minute.

What if the Davies cannon against Hojbjerg had gone in?

Half those 10 goals we've scored since Everton were against part timers from the Balkans and Southampton were completely clueless.

I didn't think we were great yesterday (contrary to others on this forum) against a clueless, ambition-less Newcastle.

Additionally, what's happened to Bergwijn?

Having said all this, the penalty decision was just breathtaking!

1-0 has proven enough in untold matches...... To claim otherwise is just peddling meaningless clichés..... 2-0 is the most dangerous lead etc. etc.

Re: Balkans - Finishing is finishing...... Please dont pretend we didn't carve a shit load of chances yesterday.

Man we had 23 shots on target, 12 on target and 10 corners all resulting in 1 goal... not good enough. I'mnot saying winning 1 nil isn't acceptable but we should have put away more than 1 goal.

"SHOULD"

We "should" have won that game but the ref fucked us..... 1-0 "should" have been enough.

Chaps, i think the truth lies somewhere in-between. Yes, we were had over by the bloke with the whistle,but.
If we had buried at least one of them chances,we would probably behaving a giggle about how shit VAR is, as opposed to walking round Knightsbridge dressed as a cowboy with 2 loaded water pistols threatening anyone that looks remotely like a referee...
Or is that just me?

Neither the ref, nor VAR, but the rule change that they're interpreting to the letter.

Not a foul for the FK. (Ref)
Offside for the FK. (VAR)
Bullshit HB that still should have been interpreted as not HB according to the letter of the law. (REF & Rulebook)

Blame whoever you prefer.... We were fucked over.

Last edited:
Chaps, i think the truth lies somewhere in-between. Yes, we were had over by the bloke with the whistle,but.
If we had buried at least one of them chances,we would probably behaving a giggle about how shit VAR is, as opposed to walking round Knightsbridge dressed as a cowboy with 2 loaded water pistols threatening anyone that looks remotely like a referee...
Or is that just me?

My view is last week we brushed it off as it didn't have any bearing on the result...... This week it mattered and the succession of decisions were even worse.

Last edited:
The more I think about this the more I think fuck it - why should we endanger our squad in some mickey mouse cup when we're already getting fucked over week in week out in the EPL? We just saved the EFL from a possible outbreak of Covid by picking up the bills at Orient and they didn't even say thanks.

Considering we make almost zero money from this competition, and nor do Chelsea, it's only the sponsors and the idiots running the competition who stand to gain ... so play the under 23's and rest the entire first team squad, we just lost Son we can't afford to lose anyone else, so why risk it?

The more I think about this the more I think fuck it - why should we endanger our squad in some mickey mouse cup when we're already getting fucked over week in week out in the EPL? We just saved the EFL from a possible outbreak of Covid by picking up the bills at Orient and they didn't even say thanks.

Considering we make almost zero money from this competition, and nor do Chelsea, it's only the sponsors and the idiots running the competition who stand to gain ... so play the under 23's and rest the entire first team squad, we just lost Son we can't afford to lose anyone else, so why risk it?

I certainly wouldn't risk any of our starting X1 (especially our only striker), and I'd be looking to bring in Cirkin, White, CCV, probably Foyth and Gedson, u23's have just signed a decent looing RB/CB who is 19 and some other u23's are probably good enough......so we are pretty close to a full team of fringe players and u23's without feally trying.

Tell you what, I would LOVE IT if our 2nd XI beat them.

tenor.gif

Finding it hard to raise my enthusiasm for this game after the Newcastle bullshit... I hope the lads aren't feeling the same.

(Took them 1 and a 1/2 games to raise themselves after the Sheff U debacle. : ( )

Nobody is putting out a second XI for this fixture.

I tend to think we'll go as strong as poss tomorrow (i.e. play Kane) and rotate a few on Thurs with a strong bench in mind... Go too strong on Thursday and we risk having fuck all left for United. League is still bread and butter and sacrificing points so early in the season a dreadful, slippery slope.

Harry should not play this fixture or the fixture on Thursday, with Son out and the bad hamstring injury he got last season he should be wrapped in cotton wool for the Man Utd league game next weekend.

We should then pull him out of the England setup as we've played too many games as is.

We won't though we will co-operate with England as we are too honest and he will probably tear something playing pointless internationals for England.

Chelsea will rotate and so should we, and we should have enough to despose of Maccabe on Thursday without Harry.

Harry should not play this fixture or the fixture on Thursday, with Son out and the bad hamstring injury he got last season he should be wrapped in cotton wool for the Man Utd league game next weekend.

We should then pull him out of the England setup as we've played too many games as is.

We won't though we will co-operate with England as we are too honest and he will probably tear something playing pointless internationals for England.

Chelsea will rotate and so should we, and we should have enough to despose of Maccabe on Thursday without Harry.

Never mind us; Harry just isn't that kind of guy..... Even less so given the captaincy.

Back
Top Bottom