Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can’t help feeling that as the closing of the transfer window approaches, it’s depressingly likely either Deeney or Benteke will arrive at Spurs.
Giroud is probably third choice striker at Chelsea currently, he would be a much better option surely.
Giroud might be a possibilty but Chelsea would likely screw us over at the last minute so very risky. Can't see the other 2. The signal that sends out after a 15 month search scouring the globe only to end up with a non scoring lump from down the road isn't great.

He's becoming an allrounder. Almost Bergkamp like, where he'll drop into the number 10 and start dictating play.
Yeah.
Most of us know he's more than just a goal scorer. His passing, particularly long range is excellent.

Just give him a roaming role, he'll still be able to affect the game.

I remember him playing behind the striker a number of times in the U18s. He knows what he is doing there.

Next couple of seasons I'd like to see a Kane and Parrott partnership. With 2 fast wingers out wide.

Funny thing about Milik's allegedly being interested in a move to Utd. but not wanting to play back-up here...... 1. It negates the oft made claim that unlike is Utd have proper ST depth and 2. suggests that he sees an easier path to being their #1.
United have like no wingers but they have 3 top class strikers in Martial, Rashford & Greenwood. All worse than Son & Kane mind you, but still. They have similar issues to us though, their first choice RW and LW is simultaneously their first back up at striker.

Ighalo has flopped badly for them anyway.

United have like no wingers but they have 3 top class strikers in Martial, Rashford & Greenwood. All worse than Son & Kane mind you, but still. They have similar issues to us though, their first choice RW and LW is simultaneously their first back up at striker.

I maintain that Rashford & Martial aren't STs...... Rashford himself has said he prefers it out wide.

That's what's always baffled me about their Sancho interest..... Better off plowing that dosh into a #1 ST.

Ighalo is the warning that its pointless just adding a body for the sake of it as they will never play bar the odd cup game against terrible opposition. It has to be a viable alternative.

Fabulous.

Just when he was in form.

Bale better sort his shit out and get fit.
Bale is expected back after the international break. Just gotta get through this week.

On Son's position I am rather calm. We have Bale, Steven (who looks low on confidence but a run of games could solve that) and Sessegnon (assuming he doesn't go on loan).

We need a striker in to rotate/back up Harry this week. Has to be a key target for us.

Bale is expected back after the international break. Just gotta get through this week.

On Son's position I am rather calm. We have Bale, Steven (who looks low on confidence but a run of games could solve that) and Sessegnon (assuming he doesn't go on loan).

We need a striker in to rotate/back up Harry this week. Has to be a key target for us.
We could do much worse than Mitrovic.

He has 5 goals in 8 games when he starts. Those 11 sub appearances were just that...sub appearances for the final minutes of games. What exactly do you expect him to do?
His goals were against Derby and LASK

He has been the worst player on the pitch every league game he's played. He's messed up every touch and pass.

Was good a few years ago though.

Back
Top Bottom