Carabao Cup Fourth Round - Tottenham Vs Chelsea - Tuesday 29th Sept, 7.45pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Harry doesn't play we won't score, simple as that. Who would score goals for us, Moura? Lamela? No fucking way. Better to rest him agains Haifa then (till the second half when he will have to play cause we can't score)

the club needs to come first though, he knows that these extra games can cause injuries.
If he does travel with England he should be strictly 20 minute cameos

If declared fit for England then it's out of our hands and England have no 'debt' to the club.....

Shitty, but that's the way it is.

Harry should not play this fixture or the fixture on Thursday, with Son out and the bad hamstring injury he got last season he should be wrapped in cotton wool for the Man Utd league game next weekend.

We should then pull him out of the England setup as we've played too many games as is.

We won't though we will co-operate with England as we are too honest and he will probably tear something playing pointless internationals for England.

Chelsea will rotate and so should we, and we should have enough to despose of Maccabe on Thursday without Harry.
If he plays tomorrow Chelsea will 100% play to injure him.

They know how integral he is, especially without Son and they will know without both we are done for.

If Harry doesn't play we won't score, simple as that. Who would score goals for us, Moura? Lamela? No fucking way. Better to rest him agains Haifa then (till the second half when he will have to play cause we can't score)

Potential goal scorers:

Lucas
Bergwijn
Lamela
Dele
Ndombele
Gio

...But yeh, I too think it's more likely he's rested on Thursday than tomorrow.

We’ve scored 9 goals in our last 3 games, I think 8 of them have involved Kane and/or Son (as provider or scorer).

Goals will be hard to come by without either, but Thursday is much more important.

Potential goal scorers:

Lucas
Bergwijn
Lamela
Dele
Ndombele
Gio

...But yeh, I too think it's more likely he's rested on Thursday than tomorrow.
Crazy to think we are talking about our next game tomorrow and I'm still fuming from yesterday's game! The more that I think about it, the more I want us to field the youth team!

Crazy to think we are talking about our next game tomorrow and I'm still fuming from yesterday's game! The more that I think about it, the more I want us to field the youth team!

Certainly some juggling to be done this week, but not keen on the 'play the kids' idea (you're not alone, mind)....

A couple of people above have stated "our squad isn't big enough to challenge on 4 fronts"......

An open question: How big should the squad be then?

(Jose & Poch before him both said they don't want too many players.... I'm struggling to see this mystical optimum amount tbh.)

No bothered we will be playing a rotated side for this. Rest Harry surely, have him on the bench and bring him on for 20-30 if it's tied I suppose.

We've all said from the start that winning the Europa League is our #1 priority this season. Rotation tomorrow is what that looks like.

Maybe...

Aurier-Foyth-Toby-Reguillon
--------Sissoko-White----------
---Lamela-Dele-Sessegnon---
--------------Lucas---------------

Just sit deep and try and hit them on the counter.

The result today was worse than losing to Everton as today I feel we were robbed. Added to that we have lost Son. Tuesday was always going to be difficult and the way I feel at the moment I could not stomach watching Chelsea overrun us. I might change my mind by Tuesday but at present intend looking at the team sheets and if Chelsea go strong and we do not will give it a miss.

Hear what you’re saying but no way do I ever miss the opportunity to watch us

Fair from Jose.

The fixture schedule is a farce and we have to prioritise. The EL group stages is worth way more than this tin pot cup (though I would love to win it)

Ultimately our hand was forced by the fixture schedule.

All the clamouring for a new striker was actually for this very period when he could be useful, if we end up getting one at the close of the window it will still be nice but we will be settling into a normal Thurs/Sun routine which which is fine for a squad of our size.

The lack of a signing up front means it will take a minor miracle for us to go through tomorrow and that is most likely the first silverware opportunity surrendered.

Even with a new striker, the fixture schedule has made it nigh on impossible - and that's with the bye against LO.

Comes as no real surprise. Playing every two days is madness.

Said to my dad watch us pick up
More muscle injuries- literally no time for the players to rest.

It’s lunacy we are playing every two days. Kane’s hamstring is just a matter of time IMHO. Play travel play travel. It has been constant.

Hopefully Moura has improved his CF skill set.

Chaps, i think the truth lies somewhere in-between. Yes, we were had over by the bloke with the whistle,but.
If we had buried at least one of them chances,we would probably behaving a giggle about how shit VAR is, as opposed to walking round Knightsbridge dressed as a cowboy with 2 loaded water pistols threatening anyone that looks remotely like a referee...
Or is that just me?

Is a ten gallon hat included in your cowboy outfit?

Jose will throw this game. Europa and FA Cup will be his priority now.

Hart
Aurier - Tanganga - Alderweireld - Reguilon
Sissoko - Gedson
Bergwijn - Dele - Sessengon
Lucas​

Back
Top Bottom