Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think if he plays wide, he can help us reduce pressure on the defence by pinging (or trapping, in his case) the ball 30 yards up the wing and running after it. He’ll inevitably lose it when he gets there, but at least it would give us a chance to regroup at the back. So coming on in a tight game we are winning wouldn’t be the worst thing. Otherwise, he’s a waste of a shirt.
Moussa Sissoko: he’ll buy you 15 seconds to regroup.

What a tag line.

Has there been any official word on why Sissoko pulled out of the Newcastle game just before kick off, to be replaced by Gedson on the bench?

I've not seen any injury report.

I'd imagine Mourinho will select Sissoko to start against chavski if he's fit.

But there are rumours Mourinho told Sissoko he won't play as much this season. If Jose suspects Sissoko's mentality isn't right, and he isn't 100% committed to Spurs, we know there will only be one outcome.

Has there been any official word on why Sissoko pulled out of the Newcastle game just before kick off, to be replaced by Gedson on the bench?

I've not seen any injury report.

I'd imagine Mourinho will select Sissoko to start against chavski if he's fit.

But there are rumours Mourinho told Sissoko he won't play as much this season. If Jose suspects Sissoko's mentality isn't right, and he isn't 100% committed to Spurs, we know there will only be one outcome.

He was pulled at the last minute for "sickness".....

I doubt MS is a flakey like that.... We've sen him try to play through hammy strains and such.

(Hope for his sake it's not a covid thing; but I doubt they'd be getting their results that late in the day.....)

Said on the commentary he had a headache and was feeling unwell

Apparently he was fine until Dier told him Blakey had logged on to TFC!

Last edited:
He was pulled at the last minute for "sickness".....

I doubt MS is a flakey like that.... We've sen him try to play through hammy strains and such.

(Hope for his sake it's not a covid thing; but I doubt they'd be getting their results that late in the day.....)
almost certainly COVID then no? Thiago and Alisson pulled today for rumoured covid positives too... Alisson was apparently a false positive. Thiago actually had it. Hence "not fit until after the intl break (conventiently 2 weeks)"

Good committed player but joined at the wrong time and I don't think we have used him right or been able to refine his weak points.

Very much a marauding player but not good enough at any one thing that others could provide more readily.

When at our best in the last 5 years he would have been a perfect sub to protect positions.

The sad truth is that in the last 3 years we have rarely been anywhere near that and hence Sissoko has not had the impact he might have done.

We thought we were getting a Wanyama-type. Sissoko, good though he is, was never was good as Wanyama was at what he did.

Good committed player but joined at the wrong time and I don't think we have used him right or been able to refine his weak points.

Very much a marauding player but not good enough at any one thing that others could provide more readily.

When at our best in the last 5 years he would have been a perfect sub to protect positions.

The sad truth is that in the last 3 years we have rarely been anywhere near that and hence Sissoko has not had the impact he might have done.

We thought we were getting a Wanyama-type. Sissoko, good though he is, was never was good as Wanyama was at what he did.

Lots of wrong.....

Sissoko had by far his greatest impact in 18/19.

No, he wasn't expected to be Wanyama either.

If this is true, it shows how much our scouting department know!

Sissoko for Newcastle and France was a AM, or some would describe him as an out-and-out winger.

We've employed him as a DM or midfield 'breaker-upper'. Roles that he is woefully under-equipped for.

Never did I think he was a replacement for Wanyama, and I don't think anyone knows (including our coaches) how to use him, other than to fill a midfield spot.

He helped us through a difficult injury patch playing somewhere between Vertonghen and Kane and was very good in parts. However his time is over and it's time for us, and him, to move on, with our gratitude.

If this is true, it shows how much our scouting department know!

Sissoko for Newcastle and France was a AM, or some would describe him as an out-and-out winger.

We've employed him as a DM or midfield 'breaker-upper'. Roles that he is woefully under-equipped for.

Never did I think he was a replacement for Wanyama, and I don't think anyone knows (including our coaches) how to use him, other than to fill a midfield spot.

He helped us through a difficult injury patch playing somewhere between Vertonghen and Kane and was very good in parts. However his time is over and it's time for us, and him, to move on, with our gratitude.

Agreed but nobody knows what he was bought for.

Attacking midfielder he certainly wasn't/isn't.

Nobody can blame him but he epitomizes our lost direction.

Came here hoping to see some rumors of him leaving.

Going away after reading the same things-
- he is technically awful
- not really good in defense, not good passer enough to link play from midfield, offers almost nothing going forward
+ is okay for depth option and never complains

Some things never change :D

But boy how I would wish we would sell him for 10-15 mil ; add another such amount and bring in a decent DM. Improvement of squad quality would be through the roof.

Back
Top Bottom