Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Played like a man that doesn't want to lose his spot.

Good on you Serge. There are rumors of him wanting to leave but even if that is true he is going to fight for his spot for as long as he stays it seems.

I think he's been better than people credit for a while now, certainly since the restart. I'd take him over Doherty on current form at least. Guess that's what competition for places does, or possibly the loss of his brother.

I think he's been better than people credit for a while now, certainly since the restart. I'd take him over Doherty on current form at least. Guess that's what competition for places does, or possibly the loss of his brother.

I have one problem with Serge that isn't really his fault, and another one that is. When he plays, we tend to become so one-dimensional it is infuriating. This is obviously Jose's strategy and I can't really blame him for it, but we are so reliant that I think we become far too dependent and easy to defend against. There is no creativity coming from that way and just keep slagging through it all game until it finally works.

Now that wouldn't be a problem if Serge could deliver the ball well enough. He did better tonight with his crossing, but he is still woefully bad at crossing and doesn't deliver anywhere the number of key passes that he should for how much he sees the ball in the final third.

It may be that with Sergio on the left that we won't be as reliant on him, and he may actually start to shine more.

Let's be honest. He was playing against a mediocre team that were less likely to punish his mistakes. Like Walker he always seems capable of fucking up.

But like Walker he's definitely got his positive attributes. His crossing is often literally hit and miss, but he still creates a lot of chances.

I dont find Doherty to be an upgrade on Aurier at all. Doherty is really passive in his defending like Trippier used to be. Hes happy for the opposition to have the ball and cross and never looks like he wants to win the ball. Against the big teams, Id be worried if he started.

Aurier is the epitome of us in the last 2 years.

One day pretty damn good and then from nowhere so average as to create complete discombobulation.

I would be so grateful for a team of consistently good performers.

Or maybe player like a man looking to advertise himself in the market..

:levyeyes:
That could also be it. But I also stand by my second paragraph of my previous post.

If Serge ends up staying past the window he is not going to be content being stuck on the bench and he will do his best to prove that he deserves to start.

I was expecting similarly from Dele tonight, especially with all the hullabaloo during the weekend. But it feels like Dele has forgotten what his strengths and weaknesses are.

But that is probably a discussion for the Dele thread.

We need to speak about his guy, too. Strong performance - a real warrior on the pitch -, and deserved to have one assist to Reguilón.

Excellent today. Competition between him and Doherty could bring the best out of both. Don't see Tanganga as too strong an option in that position.

Back
Top Bottom