Europa League Play-Off Round: Tottenham vs Maccabi Haifa - Thursday 1st October

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes... EXACTLY!!

So I don't think our Europa League progress has much bearing on Levy's ambitions in the transfer market.
I think it does but more so due to our schedule than the prize money. If we have no European football I think we could get away with not bringing the two players we need in (or bringing only one in). Whereas we need a deep squad if we are playing an extra 6-15 games.

Good to hear Rukavytsa is so highly rated as an Aussie.

From when he played in the A-League he was very very quick but pretty one dimensional. I also imagine his end product has improved loads judging by his stats last season. All in all boys if Rukavytsa is their best player we should be destroying these guys because our team is just much better to put it simply.
Perth from memory, back then he got by on his pace, but he's older now but no doubt more experienced and improved. But could never really get near the national team even in recent times and considering how much weaker the Australian striking stocks have got, that's saying something. But still a threat of some degree i suppose. I believe Trent Sainsbury just left Maccabi Haifa for Holland and spoke highly of his season there.

Last edited:
Perth from memory, back then he got by on his pace, but he's older now but no doubt more experienced and improved. But could never really get near the national team even in recent times and considering how much weaker the Australian striking stocks have got, that's saying something. But still a threat of some degree i suppose. I believe Trent Sainsbury just left Maccabi Haifa for Holland and spoke highly of his season there.
At Perth he was raw pace, then came back and played a season with Western Sydney a few years ago and I thought he was a bit shit. Only just realised he's 33, man time flies.

----------------LLoris---------------
Aurier-- Tanganga Toby--- Davies
--------Winks----Hjojberg--------
Bergwijn---GLC-------Sessengon
---------------Lucas------------------

You should also watch out from Chery, he is a great playmaker. Also I think set pieces are dangerous (watch some of our goals in previous games).

------------------Hart----------------------
---------- Sanchez Toby Davies---------
Aurier --------------------------- Cirken
---------------Winks Hojbjerg-----------

Lucas ------- Kane--------- Dele/Sessengon?

we are slightly better than Shkendija and Plovdiv. our defence is shaky, right wing back causes problems for us usually. we will play 3-4-1-1 most likely on Thursday.

Hart
Doherty Toby Sanchez Davies
PEH Winks
Lo Celso
Lucas Kane Bergjwin
- If there is any way Dele is involved then swap him for Bergjwin and make it work
-Lamela can't start again
-That team at home on our lovely carpet of a pitch should get the job done first half.

Hart
Aurier - Sanchez - Tanganga - Davies
Hojbjerg - Winks
Bergwijn - Lo Celso - Lamela
Lucas
Seriously - just rest Kane again. That is MORE than enough to beat Maccabi Haifa - that's not being overconfident, that's not underestimating them. It's calling it as it is.

3-0
It should be more than enough, but look at our last 2 ties in Europa. We've relied on Kane to bail us out.

It should be more than enough, but look at our last 2 ties in Europa. We've relied on Kane to bail us out.

Yep and again tonight Kane changed the game.

Jose said it after, we need a presence there.

Any one of the 100s of striker's we've been linked to would have helped last night because it then allows the Lamelas, Bergjwins, Lucas' to play their natural game.

There is an argument that we can afford to take a chance and start without Kane and bring him on at HT if we are not looking threatening. Maybe the deputies can deliver and we wont need him but I think he'll start.

Nikita Rukavytsya is the best striker in out team.
He scored 22 goals last year (only in the league).
And in this session he have 8 goals (conquers every game).
Usually we play offensive style so the midfields conquests too.
But as it’s looks you will control and set the pace of the game and we will try to sting in erupting attacks.

Our group's budget is 15 Million pounds so it is ridiculous to speak a lot about this game...

Feels free to fix my English lol
I try to sting in erupting attacks too.

You're all good.

Back
Top Bottom