The Don Levy Appreciation Thread!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fattynomates

Member of the Daniel Levy appreciation society
He Gets a lot of stick, but to be fair to the bald beauty he always said once the stadium is built he would make us compete with the other big boys, and i know the window is far from over yet but it looks like Levy is backing his manager this window, so Mr Levy thank you!

baldofevil2.jpg

He Gets a lot of stick, but to be fair to the bald beauty he always said once the stadium is built he would make us compete with the other big boys, and i know the window is far from over yet but it looks like Levy is backing his manager this window, so Mr Levy thank you!

Is that you John Wayne, is this me!

Own up.. You're Daniel or Daniels son

( edit: I have met Fatty and can confirm or deny that he is Mr Levy)

Fuck me, has Daniel signed up to this place to get some love?

Hart - Free
PEH - 15m
Doherty - 15m
Bale - loan
Reggy - 30m (potentially a glorified loan)

Still no CB.
Still no CF.

Still no naming rights!
Let's not get ahead of ourselves because SSN tells you we're talking about loaning some one you never heard of before to play as 2nd fiddle to Kane.

Especially when our no.1 CB target just went to City because they DO back their manager.

A lot of it appears to be, in that awful phrase, creative accounting.

If it's true that the Carlos Vinicius and potential Skriniar deals are loans with obligations to buy in a year's time, then effectively Levy is spending this season's transfer budget and NEXT SEASON'S too.

There is a definite logic to this. If you hire Mourinho, history shows you need to back him early doors because by season 2 or certainly season 3, some players are getting tired of his methods.

So Levy is trying to sign players Mourinho wants right now. And then it will be up to Mourinho to show if he really is still The Special One.

EDIT if the Vinicius and Skriniar deals turn out to be options to buy, rather than obligations, that's even smarter from Levy.

So we simply need to win the lot and then use the prize money to exercise all those options to buy (CV, Skriniar) or extend (Gareth Bale) if the players have been huge successes.

If not, we've simply loaned players for a short term Mourinho experiment.

Last edited:
Fuck me, has Daniel signed up to this place to get some love?

Hart - Free
PEH - 15m
Doherty - 15m
Bale - loan
Reggy - 30m (potentially a glorified loan)

Still no CB.
Still no CF.

Still no naming rights!
Let's not get ahead of ourselves because SSN tells you we're talking about loaning some one you never heard of before to play as 2nd fiddle to Kane.

Especially when our no.1 CB target just went to City because they DO back their manager.

So you're preoccupied with how much we spend rather than the improvements made then..... Good to know.

:pochunimpressed:

Back
Top Bottom