Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

dont be to excited you bought the LIGA NOS top goalscorer, marega was top scorer 3 years ago, and no one thinks he is a good striker lol

btw, just for the lolz, the first player jorge mendes sold, was Nuno from FCPorto to Coruña (yes Wolverhampton Coach llol)
While not getting carried away is good, in this case however, with reasonable expectation, I believe he is a very good forward, even if he can't score as much in PL. IMO he's similar to Benzema, meaning even if he's not scoring, him occupying defenders, or doing the dirty work would afford someone like Bale space. You don't have to forcing Bale to play CF, losing some of his best aspect in the game. CV is initially expectation would be working for the team, rather carrying it.

Firmino scoring record is not great, but he is vital cog in the system for Liverpool. CV may have similar role. We're building not the just team with like for like replacement relying too much on certain players like Kane, Son, Eriksen in the past; but a squad that with some tweak would be able to share the burden over the course of a season.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about this fellow as I don't watch Portuguese football, but on the surface of it, it seems like a great deal.

Question for anybody who genuinely knows anything about this guy: 18 goals and 5 assists in 1784 minutes is a fantastic return, but whoscores only gives his season a 7.01, which I would say is "very good" but not "outstanding." I can't claim to understand whoscores' methodology, but any idea what might be driving that? It says his weaknesses include offside awareness, holding onto the ball, and passing, so that's obviously some stuff to watch out for. Strangely, "key passes" is one of his strengths and finishing he is "very strong" at.

I don't know anything about this fellow as I don't watch Portuguese football, but on the surface of it, it seems like a great deal.

Question for anybody who genuinely knows anything about this guy: 18 goals and 5 assists in 1784 minutes is a fantastic return, but whoscores only gives his season a 7.01, which I would say is "very good" but not "outstanding." I can't claim to understand whoscores' methodology, but any idea what might be driving that? It says his weaknesses include offside awareness, holding onto the ball, and passing, so that's obviously some stuff to watch out for. Strangely, "key passes" is one of his strengths and finishing he is "very strong" at.
Whoscored is just stats merchant . That just looks at stats and give point. For example: Offside = negative. Aerial won = positive. In reality, good in the air needs more context such as when aerial duel won, is it advantageous for the player's team? Pique has aerial duel as strength when he's prone to lose duel to powerful forward with good leap. He may get his head into the ball, but he got himself run dragged by this type of forward. That's a reason, Drogba used to give Pique mare when their teams clash.

Similarly, you see forward sometimes stay offside during set piece. It's a tactic. A team that's not well coached, will have some defenders with happy trigger feet. These players would break their own team's offside trap. Recent example, is Man U opening goal vs Brighton yesterday. Ben White reacted to Ighalo being offside position, enabled McTominay to score, despite McTominay didn't time his run well.

Looking at his highlight reel from 2019-20, I can't say that I'm too impressed. It looks like a lot of his goals are fox in the box types, and he'll get many fewer of those opportunities against English clubs. He does look like he's got a decent shot in him though. Given the loan and option to buy, still seems like very good business.

The fact that we can rest Kane in less important games or we can take some pressure off him in games where he is double marked is gonna be so important in the long run.

So let’s see what he’s capable of, if he’s bad he can return to Benfica next year.

Back
Top Bottom