Mourinho Vs Pep

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who is better

• Mourinho

• Pep

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hang on.

Did you see the players Jose had and the money he spent?

De Gea, Mata, Martial, Rooney, Herrera and Rashford were all established players, he then spent another £420 millino to finish second?

What does that say about his purchasing?

Man city finished 4th in peps first season and spent how much to win the league by 100 points? Probably a billion? So yeh thats a great achievement, plus mourinho got to a qf champions league and fa cup final that year...
How much has ole spent on his man united team and how much more is he going to spend on sancho and other players to just challenge for the top 4?! People love to mock mourinho at united yet he achieved Probably the best any manager could with that group of prima donna players.
Plus he ed woodward had final say in tranfers and what they spend, peps going to spend at least another 500 million these next few seasons to beat Liverpool and fail in the champions leagur again...

Players that have played under both;

Alexis Sanchez
Xabi Alonso
Cesc Fabregas
Bastian Schweinsteiger
Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Arjen Robben
Kevin De Bruyne
Samuel Eto'o
Eidur Gudjohnsen
Pedro
Maxwell
Claudio Pizarro

& Now

Hojbjerg & Charles Hart

Last edited:
Players that have played under both;

Alexis Sanchez
Xabi Alonso
Cesc Fabregas
Bastian Schweinsteiger
Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Arjen Robben
Kevin De Bruyne
Samuel Eto'o
Eidur Gudjohnsen
Pedro
Maxwell
Claudio Pizarro

& Now

Hojbjerg & Charles Hart

Did Hart ever start a match for Guardiola?

Or did Pep take a look at his passing in training and immediately sign Claudio Bravo?

Mourinho of course. Pep never took a challenging job in his career , he always got the best club available in each country and spend billions to add their strength. Barca was ucl champion when he came , bayern was ucl champion when he came , city was epl champion when he came . Meanwhile mourinho always came to a struggling club..porto hasn't won the league for years when he came , chelsea hasn't won for like 50 years , inter has been dominated by the likes of milan and juventus when he came , madrid were barca's bitch when he came, and everyone know what states united were and now spurs. I will only put pep above ole if he finally took a challenging job such as united and win with them under their current circumstances

Mourinho of course. Pep never took a challenging job in his career , he always got the best club available in each country and spend billions to add their strength. Barca was ucl champion when he came , bayern was ucl champion when he came , city was epl champion when he came . Meanwhile mourinho always came to a struggling club..porto hasn't won the league for years when he came , chelsea hasn't won for like 50 years , inter has been dominated by the likes of milan and juventus when he came , madrid were barca's bitch when he came, and everyone know what states united were and now spurs. I will only put pep above ole if he finally took a challenging job such as united and win with them under their current circumstances
Inter was not dominated by Milan or Juventus at that time. Inter had already dominated in Serie A, however Inter was a joke in CL. Spending big. Star filled squad with world class players, but ultimately folding, just like PSG until their latest exploit in the latest CL campaign.

Pep is all about playing the best on eye football with the players at his disposal. He rather lose playing his style than trying a different approach to get result. So with him, you need to give him quality players at least as good as your opposition. He's not the type of coach for team that need to punch above its weight class.

Last edited:
I am a big fan of Jose. So, I will vote for Jose because he has done it in more difficult scenarios than Pep has.

having said that, I respect Pep as a coach/manager a lot but it’s of a very different philosophy. Pep is more of a puppet master. He needs players of a certain profile and needs them to be submissive to his ideas. Anyone with a strong personality will end up being shunned by him. That is why you don’t see a strong personality like Zlatan or an Eto’o in his teams. He likes me players who bow down to his orders instead of free thinkers.

IMO, Jose allows more freedom and creativity by the players given they understand the intelligence of the tactical know hows of the game. Some would say he depends on individual brilliance. I would say he allows the players to express themselves while being discipline in how they read the game and manage the game from their responsibilities.

The blokes right winning ECL with that first Barca team is like going war against a stone age civilization and having a nuke ( Messi was that good) Pep has won with either a massive financial advantage or a weapon of mass destruction. He should have achieved more.

Don't know, but one of them in the need demand players to fake injuries to avoid playing for their national teams in order to rest before face the other must say something.

Love him or hate him.......... You gotta love him really. Jose is only saying what everyone is thinking.

If Sterling plays, Jose is proven right

If Sterling doesn't play, we'll never know whether Pep didn't play him just to save face.

If Sterling comes on as a sub, Jose is proven right

Win Win Win

:mourhandlaugh:

Last edited:
Jose wins hands down. Better looking, better dresser (what is that cardigan all about -looks like something that old man Steptoe would wear), more charming, and he's OUR manager.
If Jose wins anything with us, that will sink this argument for ever!
:mourthumb:

I lean Jose for what he's achieved on his resources and with his players. But, I would nuance some of the above discussion a bit: at most (not all) clubs he's been given a lot of funds too, so let's not kid ourselves on that one.

What Jose has unquestionably had is the more varied career, and (in my view) more impressive feats considering where clubs where at when he arrived.

Pep plays a very easy on the eye brand of football though.

Back
Top Bottom