Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Says the guy that also doubled down after the match; ball-aching about White not playing ahead of Sissoko who also had a damn good game.

PEH.... Pundits, stats and 99% of fans say he played a blinder. You insist otherwise and are randomly spamming disagrees in this thread. :freund:

Not randomly spamming anything.

His pass to Aurier for the 5th was top drawer
It was.

Never thought I’d ever see this written about us in a game against Utd in the past few decades.

So if we ever feel down after a game in the future, or if Serge cocks up another throw-in, lets all just look at that sentence and remember.

I'm going to start referring to him as Not-A-True DM Højbjerg, given the tripe that people write about him, or NATDMPEH for short

I have been pretty firm in my opinion that he isn't a DM and as I mentioned after the Man U game, I need more convincing (against 11 men), but overly happy with how he played. Convince me I am wrong and I will be ready to accept my shit evaluation :)

Same goes for Jose. I have been anti-jose since the rumors, but if he has us play like that more often than not, then I am again happy to eat my words.

Pharaoh of Lower Egypt during the seventh dynasty.
Hahaha, "Natdmpeh, how dare you stray so far forward! Your job is just to sit in front of the back four FFS!!!"

mopop-the-mummy.jpg

No I wasn't negative. I had concerns about him being a fit at DM because he had never shown the skills to play that role and concerned about his ability to handle pressure because at Southampton he had struggled with that.

I had hoped that with more talented players around him he might be able to better handle being pressed but realized that was always more of a hope than likelihood.

I did speak out against the bitter Southampton fans running him down as being ridiculous. Not sure whether that does anything to say whether I was down or not on him previously but certainly wasn't totally against the addition of him before he came.

He lacks agility due to his build, but that build brings a bullishness which appears exactly what the team needs to spark. Lamela has that same intensity. But, it's early days, he does have that heavyness in his frame which might suffer quickly in the coming years from playing as he does, but that x-factor which stats can't harness he seems to have (dare I even say a bit of the Roy Keane's about him).

Back
Top Bottom