Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Found it, this from my original post just before he signed, it came from the As editor, so a decent source...

Article 18bis - "Third-party influence on clubs" of FIFA's "Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players"

No club shall enter into a contract which enables the counter club/counter clubs, and vice versa, or any third party to acquire the ability to influence inemployment and transfer-related matters its independence, its policies or the performance of its teams.

The fear is that clubs use such clauses as a way of getting round FFP and other financial restrictions and regulations. For this reason, when Madrid sold Achraf to Inter earlier in the summer, the clause was a "right to first refusal", not a unilaterally enforceable buy-back, where the new club and player have no say in the matter.

That last paragraph is mine, summarising the article in Spanish
So up until recently enforceable but fifa now stepping in due to 3rd party interference?

If Real wants him, they'll get him. They're like the one club you can't fuck over on these deals.

Third party ownership is also supposedly banned but clubs are selling economic rights all the time anyway.

The buy back clause is agreed to by the player before he even signs for us, so if they come calling he will go.

However, we will then be in the best position to buy him back, as we will get 40 million euros off whatever they are asking for. If reggie likes it here and wants to stay it would mean us paying another fee for him.

That’s the way I saw it explained anyway. If he doesn’t like it here at that point and/or wants to move then good riddens anyway. Atleast we will have some money back to reinvest.

No he didn't. He got a slight knock in the 40th minute or so, looked like a bit of a dead leg as he fouled a winger and got booked. Played on with no problem at all and got subbed at half time. He limped a little for about 10 seconds in total then ran it off.

Ok cheers. I just heard he picked up a knock. Good to know it can’t be anything problematic.

I hate these bloody friendlies and the increased chance of injury.

Ok cheers. I just heard he picked up a knock. Good to know it can’t be anything problematic.

I hate these bloody friendlies and the increased chance of injury.

I think we are all bricking it that somebody is going to get crocked playing one of these pointless friendlies or nations league games that barely anybody gives a fuck about these days.
Add in the chance of getting covid and it's a worrying week or so.

Personally think they should just scrap international friendlies and cut qualifiers down to knock outs.
I know a few people still like watching international football but nobody I know gives a fuck unless its a world cup year.

what happened? is he okay? pls be okay!

seriously though these friendlies are bloody pointless! how is acceptable as well? yes the clubs are keeping players in 'bubbles' but its unnecessary travel

Back
Top Bottom