Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's a DM imo. & even if that wasn't his role at Soton there's no reason he can't become one.

The main part of his game is tackling, intercepting and pressuring. He is energetic and mobile. His biggest limitations is his on the ball ability (he's looked better and better as he settles but that remains his weakness). We've seen fullbacks and centrebacks less suited to DM be converted to DMs.

It's nonsensical to put another DM beside him solely so that he can press higher up the pitch. It doesn't outweigh the benefit of having another one of our attackers on the pitch.

It's more logical to play him as DM. The CM(s) he is partnered with can cover here and there when needs to press higher.
If we field another DM it will be like having 2 DMs in possession. FUCK THAT.

All this talk about you can only be a dm if you sit, guess that made Wanyama not a dm because when he was good he was all over the pitch

Same with Kante not a real dm because he doesn't just sit he's everywhere according to some logic in here

Dm isn't 1 type its a defensive midfielder, a midfielder that has great defensive qualities

All this talk about you can only be a dm if you sit, guess that made Wanyama not a dm because when he was good he was all over the pitch

Same with Kante not a real dm because he doesn't just sit he's everywhere according to some logic in here

Dm isn't 1 type its a defensive midfielder, a midfielder that has great defensive qualities

Exactly. A defensive midfielder who sits has less involvement in the game and therefore less influence.

Would love to see somebody effectively articulate why Hojbjerg isn't a DM. And explain what a DM is. And whether every winning team of the past decade has required their DM to carry out a role indistinguishable from that of other DM's in winning teams.

Because douchebag hipster outlets like Tifo and The Athletic have made it cool to overthink things in order to seem like you have a higher understanding of football.

Just a quick word on this player. He is the best signing we have had for a while. Really closed up the hole in mid-field, and is getting better by the game.

But Kante is FAR more effective when he does just sit in front of the back line breaking up play and putting out fires before they become a blaze. His least effective spells at Chelsea have been when he was encouraged to play higher up the pitch.

Its no biggie but i think people are being a bit obtuse over the 'what is a DM anyway?' argument. A traditional DM sitting deep, protecting the back line. Add in good quick distribution and you are on to something. Hojberg isnt a traditional one, but he's obviously a great player. Could he fill that role on occasion if asked to? Probably.
I'd wish we had signed a traditional DM as our back line needs protection against better sides. But i can certainly live with Hojberg.

But Kante is FAR more effective when he does just sit in front of the back line breaking up play and putting out fires before they become a blaze. His least effective spells at Chelsea have been when he was encouraged to play higher up the pitch.

Its no biggie but i think people are being a bit obtuse over the 'what is a DM anyway?' argument. A traditional DM sitting deep, protecting the back line. Add in good quick distribution and you are on to something. Hojberg isnt a traditional one, but he's obviously a great player. Could he fill that role on occasion if asked to? Probably.
I'd wish we had signed a traditional DM as our back line needs protection against better sides. But i can certainly live with Hojberg.
I get what you mean about Kante but his 2 best seasons were Leicester and Chelsea won the league he didn't sit deep he was a runner all over thw place, that's the only point I was making

Cobblers..... You accuse everyone of making shit up.... This thread alone attests to that.
I never said either of those things which is why you have nothing to quote and instead just have to make it up.

And lol at the Jose whore comment I said we should move on from him. But some people have such a hatred and inability to read that they have to resort to making things up.

Since you haven’t debated me at all and instead just made shit up I am not too concerned about you not wanting to “debate” me any more.
I wasn't switching my attention to him I just added something you posted.

Jesus you love trying to make up what other people's arguments are rather than just dealing with what is said.

We have a big concern when it comes to the back-up LB spot whether you like it or not.
I don't get the point of this post.

Just coming in to spout total BS and then make up nonsense from that BS.

Its just a totally useless post based on nothing but a little fantasy you cooked up in your dreams last night obsessing about a poster on a message board.

LOL

I always love how the apologists have to make shit up to try and defend their moronic positions.
?

What is it with this constant need to make shit up?
LOL

You make so much shit up its funny.

I don't give a shit about what PEH cost, he is not terrible but he is not a great fit to start for us because he is really bad under pressure, a weak passer, not a true DM and not a good fit to sit deep behnd Lo Celso and Ndombele doing the defensive job that allows them the freedom to be offensive. He could have cost a billion pounds and it wouldn't change any of those things.
Nope I put 7 and then explained my reasoning in the thread.

But might as well join the masses and make up shit about me that I never did or said.
No plenty of disputes end just fine actually.

It’s likely just your tendency to make shit up that leads you to think otherwise.

I was neverbutthurt, you have zero evidence that I was and yet you have to stick to this made up narrative since you went down that road and can’t admit you were wrong.

I haven’t changed anything in my views and have no need to. I have been clear on my views with PEH if you don’t like it fine but no need to make shit up.

@ Igula
I thought this was hilarious;

Lol..... Seems like every dispute you get yourself into ends up with you peddling that line.

.....I'm sure the next example is just around the corner.

And the very next reply

No plenty of disputes end just fine actually.

It’s likely just your tendency to make shit up that leads you to think otherwise.

I haven’t changed anything in my views and have no need to. I have been clear on my views with PEH if you don’t like it fine but no need to make shit up.

@ Igula
I thought this was hilarious;

And the very next reply

You thought it was hilarious that I pointed out how Airfixx has to make shit up to try and to her arguments rather than actually talk about what is being discussed? I would say it is more pathetic than hilarious but to each their own.

You thought it was hilarious that I pointed out how Airfixx has to make shit up to try and to her arguments rather than actually talk about what is being discussed? I would say it is more pathetic than hilarious but to each their own.

:bentley:

......Gotta be a parody account! ...Gotta be!

Would love to see somebody effectively articulate why Hojbjerg isn't a DM. And explain what a DM is.

It's perfectly simple. A DM "just sits". If they do something other than "sit", they are NotATrueDM ™ .

However, if, while "sitting", ATrueDM ™ fails to hit a visionary 40-yard pass, preferring instead to play a simple ball a few yards to a teammate in space so as not to hinder his sitting skills, he becomes a cunt.

Hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom