Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People talking about the "Ibrahimovic impact"...

They simply forget that Cavani was never a similar player to Ibrahimovic - in style and in quality. During the Uruguayan best period - 26, 27, 28 year-old -, due to his energy and physicality, he could be as effective as Ibra (when they were together at PSG, for example). However, Ibra could still make a huge difference for any team - and league - at the age of 33, while Cavani can only be a useful goalscorer at the current stage of his career - an "improved Giroud"; he won´t fix a dysfunctional team.

Ole´s still at the wheel and United will finish the season outside top 4.

Ibra is also uniquely fit for a player in his older years. The injury he had in 2017 would have made most players retire.

He really looks after himself off the pitch

Ibra is also uniquely fit for a player in his older years. The injury he had in 2017 would have made most players retire.

He really looks after himself off the pitch
Ibra's mentality is also a bit different than Cavani's. Ibra just being in the Milan locker room has helped Pioli strengthen Milan. For all his personality flaws he brings a certain level of steel to every locker room he enters.

Apparently Ole gave the board a list of players he wanted/needed before the window (Sancho, Grealish and either Upamecano or Ake) according to ESPN. He got none of them.

Poch should be wary about going to United considering how picky he is reported to be about transfers.
They sold Chris Smalling, who is better than Ake anyway, but kept Phil Jones and Rojo. There is some weird shit going on there at the moment.

Talk is they wanted to keep Smalling, but he was hellbent on returning to Italy.

Good for him.
Rojo could have gone to Turkey but United refused to cancel his contract, so they kept a player on big wages that Ole will never pick.
Smalling was under contract until 2022 but they let him go for £13 million.
The lunatics are running the asylum up there.

Rojo could have gone to Turkey but United refused to cancel his contract, so they kept a player on big wages that Ole will never pick.
Smalling was under contract until 2022 but they let him go for £13 million.
The lunatics are running the asylum up there.
I think they tried their best to get rid of Jones, Rojo, Peireira et al

It's just that they refuse to lower their wages so if United let them go, they not only have to lose assets for free (and they have debt requirements stipulating certain financial goals so this complicates it) but also give them a massive up front pay offs. They already paid Sanchez 10-15m to get rid of him and are down to 70m liquidity while they have 200m in liabilities (just this coming financial year iirc) coming up.

They are in a bad, bad spot financially.

Ha ha..... Apparently Cavani is already planning to ditch Yanited at the earliest opportunity.

Awkward........

:mourpointlaugh:
This guy has retirement idea already running in his mind for quite some time.

He's coming to Man U for money if his agent (brother) is consistent to admit it:

:sonhmm:

Poch will go there, it’s what he’s been waiting for. If he thought levy was difficult to deal with, he is in for a rude awakening. . .
He will make them instantly better because he's going to make examples out of 2-3 players just like he did at Spurs.

There is talent at United but OGS has no idea what to do with it. Also, Poch's list of transfers won't just be guys he saw in FIFA (Sancho! Grealish! Upamecano!).

Again, the best thing for everyone is if OGS is manager for life.

Talk is they wanted to keep Smalling, but he was hellbent on returning to Italy.

Good for him.
OGS was a popular choice manager. What I meant is he doesn't assess players for how good they are, but do it by fan reaction. Playing youth and everything until their fans realize, Pereira, McTominay, Dan James are subpar. Then having to get some one like Matic that he previous froze out of the team, back into the team as starter. Sold Lukaku and Fellaini just to have loaned in Ighalo and now Cavani because they lack presence and poacher in the box. Smalling was the victim of Southgate ball playing defender hype train, which OGS followed. After being pushed out on loan last season, Smalling doesn't want to be back, for not only Southgate and English media to shame him, but also his own manager.

Now they have Henderson the GK as back up for 100 grand per week because their fan start to go after De Gea. They start to blame him for everything, despite he now hardly making individual error, and he is just the same GK with flaw they used to worship.

He will make them instantly better because he's going to make examples out of 2-3 players just like he did at Spurs.

There is talent at United but OGS has no idea what to do with it. Also, Poch's list of transfers won't just be guys he saw in FIFA (Sancho! Grealish! Upamecano!).

Again, the best thing for everyone is if OGS is manager for life.

They need to start by getting rid of players like Pogba who just seems to be an expensive problem.

Poch on his own was hardly great in the transfer window though let’s be realistic. Saying that, I don’t think much needs changing in that squad for them to be good. It was only a few months ago they were swatting away teams (albeit with some dodgy pens), that seems to be a little forgotten.

They need to start by getting rid of players like Pogba who just seems to be an expensive problem.

Poch on his own was hardly great in the transfer window though let’s be realistic. Saying that, I don’t think much needs changing in that squad for them to be good. It was only a few months ago they were swatting away teams (albeit with some dodgy pens), that seems to be a little forgotten.
He was not great in the window but OGS's "targets" seem to just be the most obvious players with no thought towards fit, cost, availability, etc...

They played 3 teams that is on their level after the restart: us, Leicester and Sevilla. They were lucky to get away with the penalty against us. Leicester was crumbling since New Year. Man U mostly score from penalty in EL, and Sevilla deserved to win that tie and the EL.

It was not that they were being great. It's about their competition including us were terrible. 66 point wouldn't get you top 4 in many other seasons. They pretty reach the most out of that group, while other teams like us recover from subpar season and adding strength into the squad.

I think they tried their best to get rid of Jones, Rojo, Peireira et al

It's just that they refuse to lower their wages so if United let them go, they not only have to lose assets for free (and they have debt requirements stipulating certain financial goals so this complicates it) but also give them a massive up front pay offs. They already paid Sanchez 10-15m to get rid of him and are down to 70m liquidity while they have 200m in liabilities (just this coming financial year iirc) coming up.

They are in a bad, bad spot financially.

Theyve had the same bunch of overpaid shitbags for years. Problem is united pay 3 or 4 time what those players are worth. If woodward had any sense he would sell them and pay half the wages. Then move forwards and stop offering silly contracts.

Why do I keep thinking of rats and a sinking ship ?
"All football players would love to play for Real Madrid. It is a dream for me, why not one day? I am in Manchester and I love my club. I am playing in Manchester, I'm having fun".

He is "having fun". Right after a 6-1 defeat - in which his individual performance was an absolute disgrace.

What a clown.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom