Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's speaking your mind, then there is going to The Sun the week before the season starts to participate in an exposé.

That's what I take personally tbh.
Why?

Is he attacking Spurs fans or airing his frustrations at the club for not pushing forward at the required rate- like WE'VE ALL done at some point or another?

Also, I didn't hear any rumblings of his team-mates being upset with him for it, Spurs definitely underpaid their players relative to the competition pre new stadium, that's undeniable.

Why?

Is he attacking Spurs fans or airing his frustrations at the club for not pushing forward at the required rate- like WE'VE ALL done at some point or another?

Also, I didn't hear any rumblings of his team-mates being upset with him for it, Spurs definitely underpaid their players relative to the competition pre new stadium, that's undeniable.
Again, he went to THE SUN, a week before the season started.

I don't think any other player has done that before or since.

Fans have to stop taking these disputes so personally - I think the whole reason for his current situation is that he wanted to play, but It's clear that he can't accept that he isn't what he was 4-5 years ago, before that knee injury smack bang in his prime. It's akin to a boxer that carries on too long.

Levy said it best in the documentary; Danny thinks his level is "up there" (maybe he thinks he can go to Milan and un-retire Paolo Maldini's no3 , who knows?), and the market isn't there for him at these levels, because clubs have gone for younger, healthier options like Reguilon and Jamal Lewis. That's the long and short of it, that's the business.

He's an abrasive character who speaks his mind, often to his own detriment, so it creates the perception that he's somehow deserved it. Interesting that there's Spurs fans on this very forum showing more sympathy to Man Utd's Phil Jones, and he's essentially in a similar situation.

Anyway, it's sad how it's all ending, but the club has invested in many more things that have delivered less returns than Danny Rose over the past 13 years.
You've summed it up really well.

The situation he's currently in isn't ideal for either club or him, and I'm pretty sure neither want to be in it either.
His mental health issues don't excuse him from making poor decisions, but you could easily see how he might make some of them because of it. That combined with the realisation that he most likely won't at the same level he played at 4 years ago would be hitting him pretty hard. He seems to struggle coming to terms with this, whether it be due to pride, it coming to an end earlier than he anticipated, or whatever else. He's dealing with it, just not in a graceful way.

Some fans need to realise this is not a personal attack on them, and need to realise that not every player plays for the shirt. Some view this as a job and will look out for their own best interest, which you can't blame them for.

What's shameful to see is that there are far worse footballer in the world that spout racist/homophobic shit which some of our fans would welcome with open arms, but a player who's served the club well, but is now struggling can't get the boot quick enough.

Did he say some stupid shit, yes he did, but lets not pretend he's a shit human being.

You people can LIE. Calender year 2016 he was genuinely playing at an elite level and was better than Walker for me.

Firstly who are "You people"

Secondly You need to learn and understand that opinions aren't lies by definition.

If I state that I don't like a piece of art but you like it, doesn't mean I'm lying.

Understanding the difference between subjectivity and objectivity is fairly important, if you make the mistake that your subjective views are the fact based reality you run into problems.

Give Danny his due, on the pitch he's never shirked and was one of a very small group of players that actually put a shift in when we played the champs league final, whilst some of our ' star' players just jogged about

A very sour end to a spurs career, that I hope, with some breathing space, is looked upon as a great one by the fans.

he has shat the bed, granted, but I’d like to think we will rather remember the sex he had in it.....

Sorry.

A very sour end to a spurs career, that I hope, with some breathing space, is looked upon as a great one by the fans.

he has shat the bed, granted, but I’d like to think we will rather remember the sex he had in it.....

Sorry.

Eloquently put sir, though I disagree on one thing as I thought the sex was nothing to shout about.

Started exciting with a rocket but ended up a damp squib.

We don't live in a post national world at all.
Sorry but that's just not true.
The EU is about protecting the interests of the nations states inside the EU, that's why there is rampant protectionism for French farmers and German motor companies.

That competition between countries still exists.

There is a trade war being waged between the USA and China as we speak.

And No, Brexit is not a reactionary attempt to turn back the clock 50 years, its funny that people still don't fundamentally understand it at all. I don't even claim to know everyone's reason as it varies from individual to individual.
A fisherman might tell you its about regaining control of our waters, an entrepreneur might get moist about the prospect of "Singapore on Sea"

Let me repeat, people that buzz off where they come from are massive bores.

Turn it in mate.

Firstly who are "You people"

Secondly You need to learn and understand that opinions aren't lies by definition.

If I state that I don't like a piece of art but you like it, doesn't mean I'm lying.

Understanding the difference between subjectivity and objectivity is fairly important, if you make the mistake that your subjective views are the fact based reality you run into problems.
Apologies for the confusion - it's just a off hand speak for "I disagree vehemently".

Forgot I was in a public forum and not a afro barbershop :roseunsure:

All the hatred towards Danny is ridiculous.

On the pitch, he's been a massive part of our club's growth over the 5-6 years. He was easily one of the best LBs in Europe for nearly two years. He helped us get to a CL final. He has helped us fook Arse and Chelsea multiple times. Off field comments aside, I don't know what more we could want from a player.

All the hatred towards Danny is ridiculous.

On the pitch, he's been a massive part of our club's growth over the 5-6 years. He was easily one of the best LBs in Europe for nearly two years. He helped us get to a CL final. He has helped us fook Arse and Chelsea multiple times. Off field comments aside, I don't know what more we could want from a player.
As if white hart lane wasn't singing his name loud and proud at one point - he was easily top 3 most popular players at his peak. DANNY, DANNY ROSE. He was absolutely loved. Maybe these people feel let down by him, but to pretend he was never good in the first place...

As if white hart lane wasn't singing his name loud and proud at one point - he was easily top 3 most popular players at his peak. DANNY, DANNY ROSE. He was absolutely loved. Maybe these people feel let down by him, but to pretend he was never good in the first place...

One of the best memories of my life will always be singing his name in the new stadium first leg against Ajax. He was fooking brilliant in both legs...too bad that is turning out to be his swan song.

One of the best memories of my life will always be singing his name in the new stadium first leg against Ajax. He was fooking brilliant in both legs...too bad that is turning out to be his swan song.
I'd argue he was only one of a handful of players (Winks & Son) that showed up in the CL final.

Whatever the issues, Danny Rose gave everything anytime he stepped onto the pitch.

In many ways he's almost too intense- I'd compare him a lot to the NBA's Jimmy Butler.

It's a massive shame, that like Vertonghen and Dembele, that we couldn't win with him.

Back
Top Bottom