Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

JM Would be mad to leave. This is the smallest pressure big club in the world. Its hard to find a club as good as this one in terms of money and facilities available without the season on season pressure or even game on game pressure to win.

I think he will be here for 5 years at least. Levy is a long term guy and I think they have already hit it off. Both clever guys.

Levy is not long term if results are bad and fans start getting on his back. He doesn't care about sacking any manager if he feels it's the best decision at the time.

They will when they feel he is with them. However once he starts blaming one of more of them for bad results then the players quickly turn. I hope he had learned from past experiences.

The only people he blamed were worthy of being blamed. Luke shaw was roasted last Sunday. Pogba was overrun. Their central defence was shite, and the goal keep not much better.

The problem Mourinho had was he couldnt sell the players he wanted rid of due to a weak chairman that only backed him half way.

He doesnt have that problem here. The youngsters are out on loan. We have a group of players he is happy with and his targets are well achievable with the talent available.

They will when they feel he is with them. However once he starts blaming one of more of them for bad results then the players quickly turn. I hope he had learned from past experiences.
Was he wrong when he blamed them ? There wasn't a single thing mourinho got it wrong when he talked about united , their players and their board , the club is runs by a clown and egomaniac players who thinks they are better then they are with their ego being fed by stupid global fanbase.Not a single trophy won after Mourinho left which indicate he was right about everything he said there. United are finished , Mourinho isn't. We are lucky to have him here.

I think you forget that he was not fully committed at Manure hence the reason to stay in the hotel instead of purchasing something. His life and family is London so I think he will be at Spurs for a while to either get PLs, CL, EL, EFL and FA and obviously to show the pundits the definition of "modern football"...LOL..Look at his stare when the clown interviewed him in BEIN

I think you forget that he was not fully committed at Manure hence the reason to stay in the hotel instead of purchasing something. His life and family is London so I think he will be at Spurs for a while to either get PLs, CL, EL, EFL and FA and obviously to show the pundits the definition of "modern football"...LOL..Look at his stare when the clown interviewed him in BEIN

Blimey. I had to switch that interview off as I was embarrassed for him. That was brutal.

Jose and Spurs really are a match made in heaven. The media hate both equally it seems. I'm going to love it when we win a trophy. /Keegan

His football philosophy is "depends" which means when he knows he got lesser squad / players he is going to beat them by strategy , for example Norwich got relegated because they are trying to play "beautiful football" with shite players . United can't even string 5 passes together consistently , had a backline who can't play from behind and lazy midfield, of course he would prefer to just hoof it to fellaini instead

His football philosophy is "depends" which means when he knows he got lesser squad / players he is going to beat them by strategy , for example Norwich got relegated because they are trying to play "beautiful football" with shite players . United can't even string 5 passes together consistently , had a backline who can't play from behind and lazy midfield, of course he would prefer to just hoof it to fellaini instead
Fellaini was so devastated in the Europa final with Ajax. He won almost all the ariel duals and his chest down is so much better even than Dolly Parton. As Mourinho said, "beautiful football" is when you win and execute the plan to perfection and vs United was an example.

I remember seeing that a while back. What a bunch of clowns these pundits are. They are such cowards too with the way they were beating round the bush on their questions. You can tell Jose has zero respect for these clowns.

I love that he always seems to have an answer for everything! He showed his class by not answering the question whether he would have won the CL Final against Liverpool, out of respect to a fellow manager and how he made a dig at pundits who would win every game from a sofa with their retrospective analysis.
I'm lapping up all these interviews, they are really giving us an insight of the man and the man behind the manager.
This might come back to bite me, as football has a funny way of turning things around in a matter of days, but at this precise moment in time, I think he is the perfect fit for us and we are the perfect fit for him.
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved Poch and appreciate what he did for us. However, he (and the players) were spent after the CL final and it would have only got worse. People need to let go of the 'Jose v Poch' debate now, it's old news and we need to look to the future.

Jose comes from a long line of win. Poch was a cuddly toy compared. Sorry haters but i believe he is with us for the premiership.

Last edited:

"To be champion when you are not the best team in the country, you need to be strategic, not a philosopher".

Great quote.

I always forget the season he came 2nd was probably one of the toughest seasons of his career performance wise, the team was so inconsistent, yet were close to winning and competing in every competition... its just the players wernt good enough and pogba was being his usual self and Mourinho's motivational tactics wernt brushing off.

They got to the fa cup final and battered chelsea but a stupid penalty in the first 20 mins screwed them and chelsea parked the bus lol
Lost the super cup 2-1 to a quality real madrid team.
The utterly toothless display against sevilla to get knocked out just before the qfs.
Lost to bristol city in the qfs of the league cup last minute...

Just think would he still of been sacked if he had won the fa cup final?

3 trophies in 2 seasons and a 2nd would of been hard to get rid after that surely and would of been hard to beat that record with that pathetic united squad!..

Theres no way they would of refused to give him any player he wanted surely? Probably im wrong its man united and they think they are better than the manger!

Back
Top Bottom