New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How are they repeatedly putting more seats in? Or is it a case that those seats have always been there and the application is just to use them?

Fine tuning of the stadium layout - and they are new seats

The additional seats are to be located in the Lower, Mid and Upper Tiers and in the South Stand. The additional seats can be accommodated through minor modifications to the south west and south east tunnels; the insertion of seats in areas such as the lateral gangway in front of the media tribune; through reconfigured access points and the introduction of some demountable terracing to allow greater flexibility between wheelchair platform and standard seating configurations.

Future proposed increases unlikely to be considered non-material"
i.e. "we're sick of these piddly creeping increases every few months, now we dare you to propose a whole new rebuild up to 120,000 just for jokes"

Also since when did Haringey Council rebrand to emulate a nursery school?
you dont expect coucils to spend money onstuff that benefits the populace?

mine (labour) did a consultation on emissions based charging for parking permits.
one of those taxes on the poorer that councils like so much ..cos those that can afford to, replace their car.
something like 80% of respondants came out against it, so they said "fuck you lot, we're doing it anyway"

you dont expect coucils to spend money onstuff that benefits the populace?

mine (labour) did a consultation on emissions based charging for parking permits.
one of those taxes on the poorer that councils like so much ..cos those that can afford to, replace their car.
something like 80% of respondants came out against it, so they said "fuck you lot, we're doing it anyway"

if the tax was only opposed by 80% of people then it’s probably the most popular “new tax” of all time.

One of the things I did find out when I was in the shop is that the stadium tours now no longer go to the 9th Floor ( they can't use the lifts anymore). I did ask if they intended to restart the NFL tours, as I would like to see the East side of the stadium, but no plans as yet.

One of the things I did find out when I was in the shop is that the stadium tours now no longer go to the 9th Floor ( they can't use the lifts anymore). I did ask if they intended to restart the NFL tours, as I would like to see the East side of the stadium, but no plans as yet.
I guess the lift thing is because of Covid distancing?

As for the NFL tour, I'm not sure if we're still using the NFL changing rooms like we're were after the restart last season, but that might have something to do with it? I guess they'll wait until nearer next season's NFL games before they offer those again, when things are configured more in NFL mode.

Like you, I'd be up for doing that. I want to see as much of this place as possible!

Planning permission granted for Spurs redevelopment of Northumberland terrace area next to stadium.

Proposal – Planning Permission: Full planning application for the erection of a four storey building with flexible A1/A2/A3/B1/D1/D2 uses; external alterations to 798-808 High Road; change of use of 798-808 High Road to a flexible A1/A2/A3/B1/D1/D2 uses; demolition of rear extensions to Nos. 798, 800-802, 804-806, 808 and 814 High Road; erection of new rear extensions to Nos. 798, 800-802, 804-806 and 808 High Road; hard and soft landscaping works; and associated works.
Proposal – Listed Building Consent: Listed building consent for internal and external alterations to 798-808 High Road, including the demolition of rear extensions Nos. 798, 800-802, 804-806 and 808 High Road; erection of new rear extensions to Nos. 798, 800- 802, 804-806 and 808 High Road; and associated works.

Key Reasons for Planning Permission being Granted

- The proposed development with its proposed mixture of high-quality refurbished and new floorspace and flexible range of uses would establish a ‘cultural quarter’ (with a new live performance space and music recording studio at its heart), accords with Site Allocation NT7 in the Tottenham Area Planning Sub-Committee Report Action Plan and would help make the site vibrant and active at times when the THFC stadium is not in use;
- The ‘cultural quarter’ would provide between 30 and 285 net Full Time Equivalent (FTE) long-term jobs based on the possible range of proposed uses, as well as 174 FTE construction jobs, and is estimated would provide between £70,000 and £660,000 net additional local spending per year;
- The resultant minor loss of residential accommodation is acceptable given the substantial increase in expected housing within the Site Allocation and from the applicant’s separate proposals for No.807 High Road and the significant benefits that would come from the proposed uses;
- The proposed loss of retail space from the North Tottenham Local Centre accords with Local Plan Policy DM43 and the proposed uses within and adjacent to the Local Centre should improve its vitality and viability;
- The proposed new Linear Building and landscaped space would be highquality additions to the townscape, creating a more accessible and inclusive environment and providing a new positive frontage to Northumberland Park and publicly accessible space (during the day), which would improve community safety (with the site currently experiencing high levels of antisocial behaviour);
- The proposed refurbishment, alteration and extension of Nos. 798 to 808 High Road would facilitate the long-term use of these heritage assets, without harming their special architectural or historic interest or the character and appearance of the North Tottenham Conservation Area;
- The proposed demolition of the building at the rear of No.814 and the proposed Linear Building and landscaped courtyard would enhance the setting of Nos. 798 to 808 High Road and preserve and enhance the character and appearance of the North Tottenham Conservation Area;
- Subject to detailed noise mitigation and management measures, the proposed cultural uses should not cause unacceptable harm to residential amenity; and
- The development would be ‘car free’, provide good cycle parking and facilities to encourage cycling, incorporate on-site renewable energy technologies and be designed to link with the proposed North Tottenham District Energy Network too help reduce carbon emissions.

Summary of Development
The proposed scheme comprises three elements, as follows:
- Erection of a new part-three and part-four storey multi-use ‘Linear Building’ along the eastern edge of the site, backing on to Lillywhite House, and fronting a proposed new courtyard space and Northumberland Park;
- Heritage-led restoration, internal alterations and extension to Nos. 798-808 High Road, to facilitate their reuse for a range of uses, the demolition of several modern rear extensions and a separate building at the rear of No. 814 and their replacement with new extensions and the ‘Linear Building;’ and
- Creation of a new high-quality semi-public courtyard between the ‘Linear Building’ and the High Road buildings. (approx. 1,445sqm)

Building Number / Proposed Use by Planning Class /Proposed floospace (SqM)
No. 798 B1/D1 Gallery, creative workspace/ offices 35 sqm
No. 800 B1/D1 Gallery, creative workspace/ offices 606 sqm
No. 802 B1/D1 Offices, recording studio 262.5 sqm
Nos. 804-806 A3, B1, D1, D2 Café/bar, offices, performance space 920 sqm
No. 808 B1/D1 Gallery, creative workspace/offices 311.5 sqm
Linear Building A1/A2/A3/B1/D1 Retail, café, gallery, creative workspace/ offices 2,953 sqm
All buildings - total 5,288 sq metres

Planning permission granted for Spurs redevelopment of Northumberland terrace area next to stadium.

Proposal – Planning Permission: Full planning application for the erection of a four storey building with flexible A1/A2/A3/B1/D1/D2 uses; external alterations to 798-808 High Road; change of use of 798-808 High Road to a flexible A1/A2/A3/B1/D1/D2 uses; demolition of rear extensions to Nos. 798, 800-802, 804-806, 808 and 814 High Road; erection of new rear extensions to Nos. 798, 800-802, 804-806 and 808 High Road; hard and soft landscaping works; and associated works.
Proposal – Listed Building Consent: Listed building consent for internal and external alterations to 798-808 High Road, including the demolition of rear extensions Nos. 798, 800-802, 804-806 and 808 High Road; erection of new rear extensions to Nos. 798, 800- 802, 804-806 and 808 High Road; and associated works.

Key Reasons for Planning Permission being Granted

- The proposed development with its proposed mixture of high-quality refurbished and new floorspace and flexible range of uses would establish a ‘cultural quarter’ (with a new live performance space and music recording studio at its heart), accords with Site Allocation NT7 in the Tottenham Area Planning Sub-Committee Report Action Plan and would help make the site vibrant and active at times when the THFC stadium is not in use;
- The ‘cultural quarter’ would provide between 30 and 285 net Full Time Equivalent (FTE) long-term jobs based on the possible range of proposed uses, as well as 174 FTE construction jobs, and is estimated would provide between £70,000 and £660,000 net additional local spending per year;
- The resultant minor loss of residential accommodation is acceptable given the substantial increase in expected housing within the Site Allocation and from the applicant’s separate proposals for No.807 High Road and the significant benefits that would come from the proposed uses;
- The proposed loss of retail space from the North Tottenham Local Centre accords with Local Plan Policy DM43 and the proposed uses within and adjacent to the Local Centre should improve its vitality and viability;
- The proposed new Linear Building and landscaped space would be highquality additions to the townscape, creating a more accessible and inclusive environment and providing a new positive frontage to Northumberland Park and publicly accessible space (during the day), which would improve community safety (with the site currently experiencing high levels of antisocial behaviour);
- The proposed refurbishment, alteration and extension of Nos. 798 to 808 High Road would facilitate the long-term use of these heritage assets, without harming their special architectural or historic interest or the character and appearance of the North Tottenham Conservation Area;
- The proposed demolition of the building at the rear of No.814 and the proposed Linear Building and landscaped courtyard would enhance the setting of Nos. 798 to 808 High Road and preserve and enhance the character and appearance of the North Tottenham Conservation Area;
- Subject to detailed noise mitigation and management measures, the proposed cultural uses should not cause unacceptable harm to residential amenity; and
- The development would be ‘car free’, provide good cycle parking and facilities to encourage cycling, incorporate on-site renewable energy technologies and be designed to link with the proposed North Tottenham District Energy Network too help reduce carbon emissions.

Summary of Development
The proposed scheme comprises three elements, as follows:
- Erection of a new part-three and part-four storey multi-use ‘Linear Building’ along the eastern edge of the site, backing on to Lillywhite House, and fronting a proposed new courtyard space and Northumberland Park;
- Heritage-led restoration, internal alterations and extension to Nos. 798-808 High Road, to facilitate their reuse for a range of uses, the demolition of several modern rear extensions and a separate building at the rear of No. 814 and their replacement with new extensions and the ‘Linear Building;’ and
- Creation of a new high-quality semi-public courtyard between the ‘Linear Building’ and the High Road buildings. (approx. 1,445sqm)

Building Number / Proposed Use by Planning Class /Proposed floospace (SqM)
No. 798 B1/D1 Gallery, creative workspace/ offices 35 sqm
No. 800 B1/D1 Gallery, creative workspace/ offices 606 sqm
No. 802 B1/D1 Offices, recording studio 262.5 sqm
Nos. 804-806 A3, B1, D1, D2 Café/bar, offices, performance space 920 sqm
No. 808 B1/D1 Gallery, creative workspace/offices 311.5 sqm
Linear Building A1/A2/A3/B1/D1 Retail, café, gallery, creative workspace/ offices 2,953 sqm
All buildings - total 5,288 sq metres

Thanks for this - here's what it will look like before and after

Spurs Planning Application Images

How expensive is the zip-line going to be?

We have one here in my city which descents from a ski jump. £75 pr person. Unacceptable for me, though it does seem fun.
98387603_3168322806523955_6247655343694807040_o.jpg

How expensive is the zip-line going to be?

We have one here in my city which descents from a ski jump. £75 pr person. Unacceptable for me, though it does seem fun.
98387603_3168322806523955_6247655343694807040_o.jpg

Thing about things like is that you can't really do it anywhere else so they can charge what they want.
And you know Levy will be thinking that too.

At long last, the day of our Skywalk came round. At the beginning of the week, I was struggling with a thigh strain and was worried that I wouldn't be able to make the ascent as stairs were a real problem. I booked up a couple of sessions with my chiropractor and thank goodness, he worked wonders.
Reading through the instructions I got a bit worried with the maximum waist and measurements, as they were in cms - no idea, still think in inches! No worries - loads of cms to spare :).
Anyway, Friday morning turned out to be lovely and sunny, and I made my way to WHL station for the first time in seven months. I got there really early and spent a small fortune in the shop (as one does!), before going to the 'M' cafe for a quick sausage roll (so yummy, forgotten how good they were) and cuppa and to meet my friends.
We checked in and got our kit - gilet, harness, gloves and the ugliest shoes you've ever seen. We were in a group of 10, one guy was from Nottingham, not a Spurs supporter, but prefers us to anyone else in PL, so that was OK.
I'm not going to say too much, as don't want to spoil it for anyone who wants to do it, but it really is one of the best things you can experience. The attention to detail when building the stadium still has the power to amaze me. It really isn't as scary as you would think, you are so securely tethered that you are going nowhere. Being so close to that golden symbol of our Club 154ft above the South Stand just takes your breath away.
M_THDSW-J4EC9-CCDED~002.jpg

Whilst we were on the roof, they were training to make the roof accessible to wheelchair users, they won't be able to walk out on the ledge surrounding the Cockerel though. They were also testing out the abseiling equipment, I'm definitely up for that, might do it for charity as I've never abseiled before.
I'm just waiting for them to install a zip wire - how cool to go from the Cockerel to the Paxton in 10 seconds.
Please don't be put off doing this if you have a fear of heights, you are really as safe as houses, just don't look down, just look across. The only thing that would put me off is if the weather is bad. We were so lucky that although it clouded over when we were up there, the wind started to pick up (I was prepared as I lacquered my hair with a can of hairspray!) and it just started spitting when we went back down. I felt sorry for the photographer stuck out there for five hours.
We then sojourned to the Coach & Horses for a well earned vodka or two, the heavens opened and it chucked it down - we were so, so lucky. It was just lovely to discuss everything Tottenham face-to-face rather than via WhatsApp, a touch of normality at this weird time in our lives.
What it did do was make me yearn for the place to be opened up again, can't come soon enough for me.
:coys:

Think you doing it Mrs P must have shamed the development squad youngsters into following you.........

At long last, the day of our Skywalk came round. At the beginning of the week, I was struggling with a thigh strain and was worried that I wouldn't be able to make the ascent as stairs were a real problem. I booked up a couple of sessions with my chiropractor and thank goodness, he worked wonders.
Reading through the instructions I got a bit worried with the maximum waist and measurements, as they were in cms - no idea, still think in inches! No worries - loads of cms to spare :).
Anyway, Friday morning turned out to be lovely and sunny, and I made my way to WHL station for the first time in seven months. I got there really early and spent a small fortune in the shop (as one does!), before going to the 'M' cafe for a quick sausage roll (so yummy, forgotten how good they were) and cuppa and to meet my friends.
We checked in and got our kit - gilet, harness, gloves and the ugliest shoes you've ever seen. We were in a group of 10, one guy was from Nottingham, not a Spurs supporter, but prefers us to anyone else in PL, so that was OK.
I'm not going to say too much, as don't want to spoil it for anyone who wants to do it, but it really is one of the best things you can experience. The attention to detail when building the stadium still has the power to amaze me. It really isn't as scary as you would think, you are so securely tethered that you are going nowhere. Being so close to that golden symbol of our Club 154ft above the South Stand just takes your breath away.

Whilst we were on the roof, they were training to make the roof accessible to wheelchair users, they won't be able to walk out on the ledge surrounding the Cockerel though. They were also testing out the abseiling equipment, I'm definitely up for that, might do it for charity as I've never abseiled before.
I'm just waiting for them to install a zip wire - how cool to go from the Cockerel to the Paxton in 10 seconds.
Please don't be put off doing this if you have a fear of heights, you are really as safe as houses, just don't look down, just look across. The only thing that would put me off is if the weather is bad. We were so lucky that although it clouded over when we were up there, the wind started to pick up (I was prepared as I lacquered my hair with a can of hairspray!) and it just started spitting when we went back down. I felt sorry for the photographer stuck out there for five hours.
We then sojourned to the Coach & Horses for a well earned vodka or two, the heavens opened and it chucked it down - we were so, so lucky. It was just lovely to discuss everything Tottenham face-to-face rather than via WhatsApp, a touch of normality at this weird time in our lives.
What it did do was make me yearn for the place to be opened up again, can't come soon enough for me.
Sounds like you had a blast, i would love to do it, but im no good with Heights! The elevators at Wembley are enough for me! :mourbye:

Back at the Stadium today, so had a wander up to take a look at the pitch, before going down to the basement carpark. It really struck me today how many parking spaces they have, its huge down there...

Can just make out those on the Skywalk.

y4madKnbrRSd5CO81YXvZ439w7iiSbjL2uH-Hvt-Srj-NhhdWxQ21JQPfWCmyuKFm9mTUdqskn9Kf5l-7lFsI5-dwJ5UULDCAXc5GzUUrF6mAHgA25Wz0SlOL-9OKZ_1gVkfiSvs4ctUdUp_yNshOrL4_w98hAhY4rvvjBiyM7DrBmlgQAjJhmnXzn4Tmj9DZJ2YUHnNmXTz1FeqUlfvjewhQ

y4m_2yI5lLDt3GKTG_mqa24lcvy5ATHKnOC7CfdWtk3TeVbpVVNsRP2wcLbq7HcgklycsltmC1uP_BDr7BfEK8ATsTXtsEXn1FKb1nvg45c3TJEwsk75NTPjL702xaGKcAiWfWujSzMphTsGS9N9UYAgpdc03bWWoKjDxboMd2vCd6U5YC7NhfTkT_dm0cQP7Y7aTpEVG81N6CLwEztbCAWbA

Spurs contribution to redevelopment of Tottenham :
Already Built
  • Berland Court (formerly Kingdom Hall) - already built, 100% housing
  • Brook House (formerly Cannon Road) - already built, housing (100% affordable I think) plus school, public areas etc
  • 500 White Hart lane - already built, 100% housing, including 40% affordable housing - some units sold to Haringey
Planning Permission Obtained
  • The Goods Yard - housing (including affordable) plus public realm etc
  • B & M site - As the Goods Yard
  • Northumberland Terrace Area (798-808 Hogh Road) - Mainly commercial plus public realm
Outline Planning permission obtained
  • 600 odd flats and hotel adjacant to south podeum of stadium
Planning Permission still being Negotiated
  • 807 High Road
Quite a lot to keep Danny occupied for a few years - even though most of these developments will probably be JV'd with construction companies or housing associations (as were Berland Court and Brook House with Newlon Housing Association and 500 White Hart Lane with Fairview), a few more JV's to be negotiated.

Thats a fine looking bird :wanyama:

Back
Top Bottom