Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anybody with a strong opinion on him as a player?

I like what I'm seeing based on digging around footage and the three internationals he's played over the last fortnight.
Based on one half watched youtube highlight video, I'd say we need him.

Not to toot my own horn, but I'm basically a savant with predicting careers of defenders. He will be great. Extra 5kg of muscle and people in the South Stand will be shouting "stop stop, he's had enough" as he violates Firminio on the edge of our box whilst phoning his nan to see if she's making rarebit for tea.

Jose on Levy;

“I think it’s a great occasion to publicly thank my boss, my board, Mr Levy, the structure, everybody involved in the transfer window because what they did for the team was amazing,” said Mourinho.

“In such a difficult period where I always believed we would not be able to reach some of the targets, some of the needs, the club made an incredible effort and Mr Levy showed once more that when he wants and when he’s really involved, he is genius in the way he makes deals happens.

“I can only publicly thank them for what they gave to the team. And now is for me, my staff and the players to answer in a positive way and have a good season.”

I've never heard of a player having a medical for another club, when an offer has either not been received or a fee not been agreed.
Having read the report again, I think I misinterpreted what it said. I thought it was stating that Rodon was actually having a medical rather than being on standby for when a fee was agreed. Sorry!:mourfacepalm:

"After several sweat inducing counter offers from both sides over the last few hours, the teams are now at a 11 million vs 14 million stand still.

Tottenham is known to be preparing another offer. Likely one of 11.2 million. Swansea is waiting with baited breath."

tea GIF

The Tea Lady says that the deal for Rodon is done!
Would

If we do sign him then we are doing well with getting Young British Potential and have some decent players for the future , Clarke, Parrot, Skipp, Tanganga and Sessengon add in Rondon and that could be our HG quota sorted for years to come, granted they might not all make it, but thats some good potential there.

Hope we get Rodon. Dunno if he's any good but hopefully he is.

I'm a bit worried we may have a season like the dippers did when they had a great attack but ultimately missed out because their defence was shit. Jose isn't amywhere near as naive as Brendan (who has since learnt his lesson) though.

Hope we get Rodon. Dunno if he's any good but hopefully he is.

I'm a bit worried we may have a season like the dippers did when they had a great attack but ultimately missed out because their defence was shit. Jose isn't amywhere near as naive as Brendan (who has since learnt his lesson) though.
I have only one worry regarding our defence this season. I won't name names but I pray to God that Hugo stays injury free. I too hope this lad signs, it would complete one hell of a transfer window.

No change this gets done by 5pm.

Not convinced we actually really want him. Suspect we'll test Inter's resolve in Jan again for Skriniar.

Back
Top Bottom