Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sure but there is where Zidane and the club decisions are questioned. I am in this forum to keep enjoying one of the best players in the world and our history (and your history) because he was benched for unknown reasons. Same with James leading the Premier. Same with Kovacic being chosen the Chelsea best player of the year, same with Reguilón who is not worse than Mendy (50M€), and etc. Many questioned decisions of Zidane.

OK we have lost at home 0-1 with Cádiz. We lose all chances for the league by november every year with the biggest budget of Spain and the World. And then pray for a miracle in Europe where we are never favorites despite being the richest or even the current champions. That's not very logical, something can be improved.

Funny, thats why I started supporting Madrid. I could not stop following Bale and Modric. Arriba los Merengues!

How is Modric treated in Spain? Is he una leyenda todavia?

Florentino likes P. since he was in Español and his success with you makes him a big name, he's been close to come for many years. He will probably end up here, he has an excellent reputation. Plus he is the only humble argentinian alive and doesn't like Barça either (since his Español days).

Yes, Modric is adored. Probably the most adored of all the 4 ChL squad. But he didn't have the media against, only in the beginning when stupid journalists said he wasn't good enough for RM, but they had to shut up. Like Benzema, he is a very poor 9 with low average of goals per season but never receives a critic from the media, we don't know why, media here is pure corruption. Cristiano for instance was not liked for being so arrogant and self-centered. Modric seems a perfect man, hard worker, top quality and very humble. Today he was benched after a bad game, I always said we should have sold all of the older ones after the 13th.

Muy bien. The British would not give Modric the praise he deserves. Its better hes in a country that appreciates his style.

Spurs fans loved him. But the British like midfielders that fight and slide tackle or score goals.

The more intelligent and composed midfielders are not valued as much. Michael Carrick is a good example.
I remember when Carrick first moved to us, I was on another forum and all these thick idiots kept on asking what Carrick does that’s valuable to us.

It’s incredible how some fans think, they really don’t understand football at all even though they love it so much.

They were rating Michael Brown much higher because he ‘gets stuck in’.

I remember when Carrick first moved to us, I was on another forum and all these thick idiots kept on asking what Carrick does that’s valuable to us.

It’s incredible how some fans think, they really don’t understand football at all even though they love it so much.

Was so gutted when we lost Carrick! :(

The hype is worrying me...... can anyone live up to the ridiculous expectations?
I'm not worried at all.

This isn't a Klinsmann 97-98 SOS situation. The squad he's joined up with is far superior to the one he left behind ; IMO, from 2013, only Kyle Walker and Jan Vertonghen improve this current XI.

He doesn't have to be that version of Gareth Bale to make a difference here.

One of the most criminal popular opinions I've ever seen this fanbase have. I really disliked Michael Brown as well. He was garbage at prem level.

One of the most criminal popular opinions I've ever seen this fanbase have. I really disliked Michael Brown as well. He was garbage at prem level.
Michael Brown being garbage is one thing, but not being able to see what Carrick was doing linking up play was quite another.

Like I said it’s amazing how some fans can’t understand football although they love it so much, I saw the same thing again with Ndombele.

So much talent and ability although his attitude and fitness was a problem, you don’t give up on a player like that after a few months and demand he should be sold, you’ve got to persevere and try to change him!

Was so gutted when we lost Carrick! :(
You know, once I got a job after leaving uni I no longer felt any bitterness towards players who left us.

I was gutted about Carrick leaving us and I was gutted about Keane, Modric and Bale but hell, if I was in the same situation, I’d have done the same and if someone offers me a job with more money at a bigger company, I’d do the same.

Good luck and thanks for the memories.

You know, once I got a job after leaving uni I no longer felt any bitterness towards players who left us.

I was gutted about Carrick leaving us and I was gutted about Keane, Modric and Bale but hell, if I was in the same situation, I’d have done the same and if someone offers me a job with more money at a bigger company, I’d do the same.

Good luck and thanks for the memories.
Carrick was one of those players you only really appreciated watching the game live and not on TV, did a lot of the Ball

Back
Top Bottom