Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not looking to start an argument but all that is just cliched bullshit. You can be as angry and vocal as you want in the dressing room. Doesn't count for fuck all. We needed action on the pitch not in the dressing room. Clean passes, possession, coherent defending and a collective effort to push on and play the game in their half, not sit back and wait for the inevitable concession.

We all played with dressing room warriors who changed fuck all on the pitch where it mattered. A prime example would be Dele throwing his toys about on the amazon doc. Rightly pulled up by Dier, no longer a squad regular.

I don’t disagree with anything you have said, but both our points are not mutually exclusive, would you rather dropped heads and nothing being vocalized after that? Your example of Dele having a hissy fit is not what I mean by loud voices, that wasn’t a loud voice just some moaning by Dele. I mean players looking each other in the eye and holding themselves accountable for what has happened here, of course more work needs to be done on the training ground especially with set pieces, in fact we should just be doing defensive drills all week, we clearly have no problem scoring.

There has to be a loud consensus that the intensity cannot drop, this is helped by players communicating with each other.

Last edited:
I don't normally play the blame game, but today I'm going to make an exception.

We go 3 up and are cruising, then from 30 mins on Spam start coming into the game. Kane having to make a sliding block in our own penalty area to prevent a goal.
Blame - WINKS

From the start of the second half Spam are getting stronger and stronger. We just didn't compete.
Blame - WINKS

Jose subs off Ndombele and Bergwijn
Blame - WNKS

Jose brings on Bale and Winks
Blame - WINKS

Their 1st goal, Sissoko gives away a stupid free kick and then fails to jump for the cross, they score.
Blame - WINKS

2nd goal, Lucas fails to track their runner, Reggie doesn't stop the cross, Sanchez heads it into the corner.
Blame - WINKS

3rd goal, Serge gives away a (non) free kick, Kane makes a poor defensive header, Winks doesn't clear it. They score a worldie.
Blame - WINKS

On to the subs.

Bale apart from nearly scoring does nothing in either attack or defence.
Blame - WINKS

Moura does even less than Bale.
Blame - WINKS

Winks.............Ah fuck it, just blame him anyway.
Blame - WINKS
You are bad at this blame Winks routine. I'll show you how its done.

Winks assists a goal against us.
Blame Winks.

No offense but why the hell would you switch off Spurs in the middle of winning a competitive match to do housework?

:mourwhat:
Unfortunately (or fortunately, in another context) we've just moved house and are currently residing in a stack of boxes and I've got cabinet doors to rehang and a shit ton of electrical wiring to sort out unfortunately. I thought it was dusted and I could get ahead on chores without missing much of consequence.

I don't normally play the blame game, but today I'm going to make an exception.

We go 3 up and are cruising, then from 30 mins on Spam start coming into the game. Kane having to make a sliding block in our own penalty area to prevent a goal.
Blame - WINKS

From the start of the second half Spam are getting stronger and stronger. We just didn't compete.
Blame - WINKS

Jose subs off Ndombele and Bergwijn
Blame - WNKS

Jose brings on Bale and Winks
Blame - WINKS

Their 1st goal, Sissoko gives away a stupid free kick and then fails to jump for the cross, they score.
Blame - WINKS

2nd goal, Lucas fails to track their runner, Reggie doesn't stop the cross, Sanchez heads it into the corner.
Blame - WINKS

3rd goal, Serge gives away a (non) free kick, Kane makes a poor defensive header, Winks doesn't clear it. They score a worldie.
Blame - WINKS

On to the subs.

Bale apart from nearly scoring does nothing in either attack or defence.
Blame - WINKS

Moura does even less than Bale.
Blame - WINKS

Winks.............Ah fuck it, just blame him anyway.
Blame - WINKS
If you didn't blame Winks during your divorce proceedings, you're missing a trick.
:sonpoint:

And with him missing an open goal as well.

Losing games is always worse.

Mourinho will be fuming as should the players but a point is still ours.

No positives today though. At least not for me.
What’s the most disappointing is since we went 3-0 up, Kane hitting the post and Bales late effort (I may have missed one) was the only two chances we had in 70 mins of football....they totally bossed us 2nd half.....this game had 6-0 written all over it and a statement made, but 3-3 was never on the cards, we simply collapsed, and in my opinion that collapse is the worst I’ve seen in living memory, considering how long was left and who the opposition was....

Good question.

He genuinely makes no attempt to play the ball....

I don't seem to recall any of our players appealing to the ref when this happened, same with the Winks foul.

In theory we should not need to do this with VAR but VAR is an inconsistent crock of shit and you can bet your bottom dollar that Liverpool, City and Chelsea players would have been doing this. At the very least it might have got it reviewed and frustrate West Ham's momentum.

From all papers and Match of the Day to avoidance and an old film all in a
I thought they were good even in the first half tbh. We were extremely clinical but they didn't play bad at all.

Declan Rice basically admitted in his post match interview they were trying to shut up shop after 3-0 and didn't get why we didn't go for the kill.

Mate, we will batter teams this season no doubt at all.

There was sonething sbout today that scared me and here we are.

But no drana and no crisis.

8 points from 5. 4 hard games for us out of the way and plenty more to come.

We are in a strong position I feel but must avoid arrogance and complacency.

Back
Top Bottom